Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #97

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think AM was genuine in his attempt. And perhaps if it hadn't become a media circus or if AM would have kept his opinions to himself or at least not broadcast them, BM might have participated...I don't know if we'll ever know. In the end it was no harm no foul and it did yield at least one dog and CBI search at Longhorn. It made people feel good and made them feel like they were helping so not all negative. I would be afraid some nut job would show up and shoot me so there is no way in heck I would have gone anywhere there were crowds during that period of time.

Some nut job was definitely on the loose with a tranquilizer gun. Perhaps you were wise to stay home.

BM had a similar comment, that it was a media circus or publicity stunt or something. Both you and BM seem to assume GM was not sincerely looking for his wife, that he knew he would not find her remains and only wanted an opportunity to publicize her disappearance and prejudice the community against BM.

Assuming that GM did not sincerely seek to find SM - an assumption I find dubious, I still question his decision not to participate, and your support for that decision.

Let's assume BM is what he claims to be - a devout Christian man who is innocent of wrongdoing and who has sincerely and diligently searched for his wife and cooperated with LE. And let's also assume GM has "trespassed against" him by expressing his fear that his sister is dead, and the victim of domestic violence.

Why would such a man, who recites often the Lord's Prayer, not forgive a family member who trespassed against him, at least enough to assist in the search as a gesture of goodwill and a demonstration of his commitment to find SM?

BM did great harm to his carefully crafted image by refusing to participate in GM's search and instead meeting the searchers at the border of his property with a shotgun and a warning. MOO.
100%

If it wasn't in his best interest to search in case something was found, he could have manned a table at the volunteer meet up area. He could have helped serve food and drinks to searchers, He could have came out and thanked those searching for his wife.

I don't care if my brother in law thought I murdered someone. If I know I didn't and he organized a huge search party to look for my loved one, the one I claim to have a perfect marriage with that I wanted nothing more than for her to be found?? Why the heck would I not be thankful for those searching. Who the heck cares if they think I did something? They are still giving their time to look for my loved one and hey if I am innocent, I don't care if they do find something because I know my DNA won't be on it and I don't have any involvement so why am I even worried about that?

I think AM was genuine in his attempt. And perhaps if it hadn't become a media circus or if AM would have kept his opinions to himself or at least not broadcast them, BM might have participated...I don't know if we'll ever know. In the end it was no harm no foul and it did yield at least one dog and CBI search at Longhorn. It made people feel good and made them feel like they were helping so not all negative. I would be afraid some nut job would show up and shoot me so there is no way in heck I would have gone anywhere there were crowds during that period of time.
BBM
This is exactly what narcissist and bullies expect from those they hurt. They want them to remain quiet.

MOO is Barry is a bully.

The only nut job on the loose with a gun was Barry.

BBM. This is vastly understated and dismissive of the contributions of those who participated.

AM's search was carefully planned and executed and if I remember correctly, specific geographic information regarding where searchers searched was carefully documented and shared with LE. So, LE gained information from the search about the many locations where SM's remains were looked for and not found.

AFAIK, BM has provided no such documentation regarding his own supposed searches, unless you include a sweep of his arm and the claim that he and his "400 tours" buddy searched "200 miles and everything in this triangle has been thoroughly searched" (as he told TD).

I don't think it is the prosecution that has pushed this judge's buttons. I think it is the high powered Denver defense attorneys, their appellate attorney in attendance, and this judge's excessively cautionary fear of having a decision overturned.
Well that would be the right thing to do then - correct? - no judge wants one of his cases overturned. He's well within his right to demand that the case be tried cleanly based on evidence and not characterization or hearsay. But this particular issue - missing deadlines is clearly a prosecution issue. And why they would submit a witness list containing a witness they were told last week they couldn't use is something I don't understand unless the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing which would fall in line with the general issues the prosecution is having.

Other than that, there was argument about prosecutors violating court orders and missing deadlines again.

Judge Lama was frustrated about endorsement of a few witnesses on the prosecution side.

He said the endorsement of these witnesses clearly violate my order. #BarryMorphew

One witness was a DV expert.

The judge prohibited any discussion of any possible prior DV instances in this case during trial.

The judge said introducing this could be extremely dangerous as "this is a case where there is a lack of evidence."
https://twitter.com/ashleykktv/status/1502024877066260486?s=21
https://twitter.com/ashleykktv/status/1502024877066260486?s=21

But if they are going to allow the text messages that Barry deleted into evidence and in those very texts he is abusing her. That is DV. Why can't an expert testify to that? This is relevant to the case. It doesn't have to mean they are going to talk about all the other stuff that he did. Heck he admitted to "clipping" her. I mean there is evidence that suggests he was abusive and that should be allowed in. Controlling someone with the money. There is audio of her talking to him about this. There is plenty an expert on DV can talk about that isn't the actual physical abuse she told Sheila about.

Since DV is added as enhancement to the charges and the allegation is HDV, I don't understand why an expert can't be called. The defendant created the circumstances, the prosecution didn't.

Someone silenced Suzanne.

Someone obliterated her journal.

I don't want the judge to smother her echo.

JMO

So--watching an episode of Dateline right now and just got chills.
The friend of missing person just said that one of the suspected POI said " I could hide a body where it would never be found"

OMG..... had chills and immediately came here YIKES !!!
Good work. It sure looks like BM was up all night 5/9 to 5/10. I wonder why the truck was busy close to 1AM on 5/7.
BBM
I am re-reading, word for word, the AA and @sk716 wonderful site

I also wonder what he was up to at 1:00 am in the early early morning hours. Suzanne sent him her "I'm DONE !!" text May 6th.

I wonder if he was out and about the evening looking for a place to hide her body/ bury her ??

Or was he just looking for a "pretty girl" or Sho to comfort him that night after being told his marriage is DONE !!

Anyway-- back to reading--

The "Lied about the Deer- Pants UN-zipped " in Suzanne's Notes found on her phone are interesting also. YIKES

EDITED-- while catching up I now see there is a time difference as per a few posts with the time zone info. Thank you for the info********

Last edited:
BBM. This is vastly understated and dismissive of the contributions of those who participated.

AM's search was carefully planned and executed and if I remember correctly, specific geographic information regarding where searchers searched was carefully documented and shared with LE. So, LE gained information from the search about the many locations where SM's remains were looked for and not found.

AFAIK, BM has provided no such documentation regarding his own supposed searches, unless you include a sweep of his arm and the claim that he and his "400 tours" buddy searched "200 miles and everything in this triangle has been thoroughly searched" (as he told TD).
There were more than a few LE officers, military and even the mayor involved in he search - on their own time and dime - but alas, no Barry, Suzanne's daughters nor any other member of the Morphew family.
There was even a man in a wig on a bicycle.

**DISCLAIMER: My last sentence is speculative.
IMO

But if they are going to allow the text messages that Barry deleted into evidence and in those very texts he is abusing her. That is DV. Why can't an expert testify to that? This is relevant to the case. It doesn't have to mean they are going to talk about all the other stuff that he did. Heck he admitted to "clipping" her. I mean there is evidence that suggests he was abusive and that should be allowed in. Controlling someone with the money. There is audio of her talking to him about this. There is plenty an expert on DV can talk about that isn't the actual physical abuse she told Sheila about.

It's so frustrating not to have access to the specific Court Order relating to what the Court prohibited or suppressed!

Today's comments by Judge Lama comes off as if the entire subject of DV is prohibited which is not what I previously understood. :eek:

I find myself waiting for Judge Lama to bring along his backbone to the bench.

Since DV is added as enhancement to the charges and the allegation is HDV, I don't understand why an expert can't be called. The defendant created the circumstances, the prosecution didn't.

JMO
BBM
Yes obliterated her journal.
He took the time to dismantle her written/recorded thoughts and emotions.

JMO
He just did.

JMO

It's so frustrating not to have access to the specific Court Order relating to what the Court prohibited or suppressed!

Today's comments by Judge Lama comes off as if the entire subject of DV is prohibited which is not what I previously understood. :eek:

I find myself waiting for Judge Lama to bring along his backbone to the bench.

I agree about Judge Lama. I don't think he's necessarily intimidated by E & N, but too overly cautious. Is it normal to pay for an appeals attorney before you've even been convicted?

I am really confused on the No DV mention order. Suzanne's own texts make it pretty clear she was a victim of DV, and those are allowed. How is that going to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrueCrimeJunkieCory