Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #99

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I especially agree @Love Never Fails that we've all had the advantage of scrubbing the AA from top to bottom, sometimes twice or more!

I also think a large number of jurors expectations in a criminal trial are influenced by what they've seen on network television (crime shows). (My personal experience of small towns is cable tv is a staple product that can even come before groceries)!

In other words, I think jurors are often reliant to hear from expert witnesses to validate their own leanings towards subject evidence -- serves to remove any doubt. This is a murder one trial after all!

While I'm fairly confident that the E & N team (big money, City Lawyers) will probably rub the locals of Fremont County the wrong way, a benefit to the prosecution, I also won't be distraught if the case is dismissed and the prosecution able to refile.

The prosecution will already have first-hand experience of E & N's tactics and better prepared to respond.

Last but equally important, I do think Judge Lama has demonstrated that he's probably a bit intimidated by BM's defense, and that is already proving not a good thing for this no-body, no forensic crime-scene prosecution. MOO
Love your reply Seattle.

I’ve wondered about the ramifications if the trial was dismissed and another prosecutor refiled and things were handled in the right way. I would rather that happen than to see LS lose. This is a murder case after all and I’m not convinced her ego isn’t in the way. (My opinion only.)

I would love to hear from more legal eagles here on their thoughts. And also @OldCop, @MassGuy and @cgray. I know there are others I can’t recall.

I am willing to wait if it means he gets convicted and spends his life in prison.

Maybe I’m just dreaming of a “pie in the sky,” but I have to believe the defence has something more than what was revealed in the AA and that “something” is a doozie. Like @Seattle1, I wouldn’t be too disappointed if the case is dismissed and the prosecution gets a do-over, but I’d much prefer it go ahead an we get treated to BOMBSHELL instead! :p:D
I think you meant a bombshell from the prosecution right?

IMO the daughters think they know what has happened to their mom. They just don’t think BM has anything to do with it.

we don’t know if they read the aa. We don’t know if growing up with BM as their father they have know he lies even when the truth will serve him better, so don’t put as much weight on his lying about where he was and what he was doing as most every one on this thread.

We don’t know if proof coming out about SM having a long term affair has made them feel betrayed. If so this may open them to believing BM’s side of the story.

Just judging from their appearances with BM, I have a hard time believing the daughters think he had anything to do with SM’s disappearance. I’m sure they would like proof of what happened to SM, because in the daughter’s mind, this would clear their father. They just think they haven’t seen the proof.

just my opinion.
Agree. This must be their stance. We just don’t know. I also feel they are thinking their mom betrayed their dad.

No reason for murder though and he most assuredly murdered their mom.

I would like to hear from the dog handler how things usually go. When tracking a scent for a person that was known to walk a certain path does the dog follow it continuously along the same path that person would have walked?

I would imagine if she really wrecked there her scent would be very strong. Think of hitting things, the ground, shrubs, trees, or rocks on that hillside. She likely would lay there a minute checking herself over to see what hurts. Get up walk the easiest path toward the road and wander off. So her scent should be very clear with a trail leading away from the wreck site. In the case of her being there at very morning less than 12 hours prior, what is the chase she was there, wrecked, walked off, and the dog didn't follow her scent away?
She never took a ride on her bike. She was dead. Maybe she had walked there before. I doubt the dog picked up her scent.

I definitely think it’s normal to sell your wife’s vehicle weeks after she went missing.
But...what if the kidnapper, per his pathetic short video begging them to let her go and he is willing to pay anything...
What if kidnapper let her go home...wouldn't she want her vehicle, or go back to the house she lived in ??
Or ......

Well, you all get the picture.

Bare--- you don't stand a chance !!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe I’m just dreaming of a “pie in the sky,” but I have to believe the prosecution has something more than what was revealed in the AA and that “something” is a doozie. Like @Seattle1, I wouldn’t be too disappointed if the case is dismissed and the prosecution gets a do-over, but I’d much prefer it go ahead an we get treated to BOMBSHELL instead! :p:D
Ed:
OMGoodness I typed defence when I meant prosecution. Brain fail. :)
Well, I am dreaming right along with you.
Hopefully Prosecutors have "something big" to drop.

Judge Lama was a criminal DEFENSE atty so there's that.

I am on the fence about him.

Is he more prejudice due to the fact he played on the defense team, is he intimated by Bare's defense team ?

Or, to give benefit of the doubt here, he is trying to be sure that Bare gets fair trial so not to come back to haunt him with appeals, etc ??

As of tonight, I do not have kind thoughts about this whole circus of legal teams but I do know in my heart that BM is guilty and I dream along with you that there is a "Doozie" of a bombshell during court.
And that the jury can see through all the BS/hoopla that defense is going to bring out in the middle of it.
JMO

Last edited:
The only winner in a not guilty verdict is Barry. Easter is coming quickly as is MDW. The Prosecution is at best lack luster. Everything within me hurts. I brought my teenage daughter and her BFF to Florida for a Spring Break trip that was cut short by the airline. What would Suzanne do? How can anyone ignore the smiles and hand holding while a loved one remains missing? I have no words but can tell you the two teenagers within my care are bad *advertiser censored* enough to search the mines themselves. If only! Prayers cannot hurt so I guess that’s what we are left with and the healing crystals they souvenired. Justice for Suzanne.

This is so frustrating!
The reporter in this video SS says at 1:20 that the Defense didn’t even know that the dog handler report existed.

A different reporter AF says the Defense knew about it, but didn’t receive a copy of it.

https://twitter.com/ashleykktv/status/1509277028696178693?s=21&t=bUhEecHRerqtWuu-YOC4kQ
On the topic of Doug Spence-
He generated a report from the search with his K-9.
He says prosecutors never asked for it so he didn’t give it to them.
Prosecutors didn’t know about the report until today.
Defense says they knew about it but never got a copy

Also, this article by SS says that 2 prosecution witnesses didn’t show up today.
Accused killer Barry Morphew in court, several expert witnesses no longer able to testify against him - KRDO

Kinda inflammatory if you ask me by not giving any context.
Earlier today someone asked him on Twitter about the Forensic Nurse and he replied:

https://twitter.com/spencersoicher/status/1509274491641221123?s=21&t=bUhEecHRerqtWuu-YOC4kQ
Lucero? She didn't come today because of a prior obligation, the prosecution said. But the defense motion to have her stricken was denied. She'll be allowed to talk at trial.

He says Motion denied, but another reporter says differently, that it will be decided in the next hearing:

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1509262201596440583?s=21&t=bUhEecHRerqtWuu-YOC4kQ
One of the expert witnesses the defense wants to strike is a forensic nurse who looked at photos of #BarryMorphew scratches on his arms/hand, but did not meet examine BM in person. That will be determined on April 29.

I hope this means that Lama is setting his courtroom up. Giving both sides clarity on the front end so the Defense will have no traction with objections once the trial is underway.

Overruled. Overruled. Overruled.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members