Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o Prejudice* #101

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IE accused LS of shopping for judges.

Which is exactly what IE orchestrated. She pushed for Murphy's recusal and a change of venue.

I'd just like to point out again -

Motive. Barry gave divorce a hard no.

He'll part with money to buy his freedom but he wouldn't part with money to let Suzanne have hers.

Mountains of Maysville, please let her be found.

JMO

It would certainly be interesting to know who that one final phone call was made to which might help us discern whether it was intentional or accidental. I have previously suggested it was to Barry’s benefit to keep her alive in order to access her phone he likely needed her thumbprint. Hoping we learn someday and not soon enough.
Ebm to delete a word
you don't have to be alive to have a thumb print.

That the Prosecution is a stumbling, bumbling mess is a narrative pushed by an expensive defense. The degree to which it's accurate, exaggerated or fabricated is open for discussion.
The prosecution was a stumbling, bumbling mess before there ever was a defense. As soon as LS went out for her very first presser in this case, I knew this would be a mess. I feared for justice based upon her very first statements in this case and sadly, all that has come to fruition. I've read the dozens of posts trying to pin the demise of this case on the defense, but deep down inside, everyone knows it was Linda Stanley was in way over her head in this case.
JMO

you don't have to be alive to have a thumb print.
Agreed but you do it your phone responds to body temp. IMO
ETA Barry was also initially charged with tampering with a body. Do you think he wouldn’t have taken opportunity to tamper in such a way that Suzanne’s body wouldn’t be identifiable after the fact?

Last edited:
The prosecution was a stumbling, bumbling mess before there ever was a defense. As soon as LS went out for her very first presser in this case, I knew this would be a mess. I feared for justice based upon her very first statements in this case and sadly, all that has come to fruition. I've read the dozens of posts trying to pin the demise of this case on the defense, but deep down inside, everyone knows it was Linda Stanley was in way over her head in this case.
JMO
You may not like Linda Stanley. But please quote her “very first statements” where you refer to her being a stumbling, bumbling mess.

You are entitled to your opinion but be factual.

Last-proof-of-life-picture.png

Investigators believe this is the last proof-of-life photo of Suzanne Morphew. It was taken on May 9, 2020, at 2:03 p.m.
❤️

She is so beautiful and she looks genuinely happy here. It's hard to know what happened less than one hour later. :(

You may not like Linda Stanley. But please quote her “very first statements” where you refer to her being a stumbling, bumbling mess.

You are entitled to your opinion but be factual.
I agree. LS inherited this nightmare of a case and as far as we know she has done the best she can with what she had. It’s unfair to claim everyone agrees that LS is responsible for any of what has occurred. I don’t like being lumped into an everyone knows situation as I’m sure LNF and many others take exception with these kinds of statements. Everyone is free to their opinion but please state when it is your opinion versus a we all knew scenario because many of us are not in agreement and rightfully deserve to be recognized as not on the same page that many assume we are.

JMO
“We” do not know that LS was in way over her head and it is IMO unfair to lump all or a majority of us into this classification. The truth is we only know what we have been privy to which isn’t much. Time will tell and ultimately most if not all hope for justice for Suzanne.

The defense never asked for more time, which says everything. They made a big deal about all this discovery stuff from the very first day, and were asking for a dismissal very early.

So obviously, any issues couldn't have impacted them a great deal, and I think they were just doing their thing, and trying to give their client every possible advantage.

Part of me wonders if they were pushing this along because they may have been concerned that Suzanne's body might be found.

Of course maybe they felt the prosecution was on their heels, and the quicker this happened, the greater the advantage.

This makes me so uneasy. If the defense thinks he did it and they wanted to hurry it along because the risk of finding her body would hurt their case.. then what does that say about justice really? I really struggle with this. I know a good defense is every persons right in this country. I support that. What I struggle with is when that defense is essentially getting a criminal off by playing games. If defending a client because you feel they are really innocent then fine.. but if there is any part of the lawyers that think or know he is guilty, I just don't see how this is justice at all. I know this has been discussed and it is what it is.. but ugh hurrying a trial along and the defense worrying about a body because it implicates their client is in no way serving justice. IF they thought he was innocent they would welcome extra time, welcome her body discovery because it would point to someone else did it.

This makes me so uneasy. If the defense thinks he did it and they wanted to hurry it along because the risk of finding her body would hurt their case.. then what does that say about justice really? I really struggle with this. I know a good defense is every persons right in this country. I support that. What I struggle with is when that defense is essentially getting a criminal off by playing games. If defending a client because you feel they are really innocent then fine.. but if there is any part of the lawyers that think or know he is guilty, I just don't see how this is justice at all. I know this has been discussed and it is what it is.. but ugh hurrying a trial along and the defense worrying about a body because it implicates their client is in no way serving justice. IF they thought he was innocent they would welcome extra time, welcome her body discovery because it would point to someone else did it.
I feel your pain as many others do too. Sometimes justice delayed still results in justice. Fingers crossed in hopes we see it soon.

Because they really are expecting to find the body?

I mean that is what they wrote in their motion to dismiss, so maybe it's simply true.

I agree! I wonder if they figured the case would get pushed out some and not begin right on time.. instead the case got moved up a week. The defense seemed to be ready to get this going and over fast, no delay.. they know Colorado weather and I suspect weather they knew the prosecution was on to something or not with finding the body, they could reasonably conclude that some areas were totally snow covered and unsearchable until June when it's typically all melted. They know. I think the prosection was hoping to see some delays in the trail and then would have more time for finding her after the snow melts. That didn't happen and it became very clear when those experts were not allowed.. maybe some of their failing to get things done was an attempt to delay the trail somewhat? I don't know just throwing out an idea.

JMO

Yup. If the prosecution hadn’t screwed up, the defense could have thrown a paper hurricane at the court and it wouldn’t have made a difference other than racking up more billable hours BM would have to pay.

But the did prosecution screw up - repeatedly - and the thought that the defense somehow cheated or that Judge Lama had the wool pulled over his eyes is laughable.

The DA botched it; she refused to listen to MULTIPLE people in the CBI who told her not to arrest because the case isn’t strong enough. Judge Lama had no choice but to exclude evidence the prosecution failed to turn over in the appropriate legal manner.

The prosecution wasn’t defeated by a “gullible” judge or a “lying” defense team, IMO they were defeated by LS’s own ego. She should have listened to the smarter people in the room.

To be clear, OP provided how the defense team misled Judge Lama and my quoted post provides how the defense attempted to spin (spinning anytime they could) but Judge Murphy was obviously better equipped at stopping it than his replacement, Judge Lama.
Hear!! Hear !!!

Too bad Judge Murphy was caught in the middle of BM, SD and her "mishap" which was probably a set up, IMO

Yup. If the prosecution hadn’t screwed up, the defense could have thrown a paper hurricane at the court and it wouldn’t have made a difference other than racking up more billable hours BM would have to pay.

But the did prosecution screw up - repeatedly - and the thought that the defense somehow cheated or that Judge Lama had the wool pulled over his eyes is laughable.

The DA botched it; she refused to listen to MULTIPLE people in the CBI who told her not to arrest because the case isn’t strong enough. Judge Lama had no choice but to exclude evidence the prosecution failed to turn over in the appropriate legal manner.

The prosecution wasn’t defeated by a “gullible” judge or a “lying” defense team, IMO they were defeated by LS’s own ego. She should have listened to the smarter people in the room.
We don’t know that the DA screwed up or botched anything. We know the judge agreed to dismiss the charges without prejudice and that future charges can be brought. We know precious little due to a lack of public information and a court directed absence of reporters likely based on a lie the Defense put out. In a perfect world cameras would exist in every trial and the Florida Sunshine Laws might prevail everywhere especially where the sun doesn’t shine yet the truth must prevail.
What we do know is that IE continued to lie and misspeak on the courthouse lawn following the dismissal of charges and publicly embraced and kissed her client. Beyond that we don’t know much and certainly not enough to ascertain where blame lies other than with Barry Morphew. IMO

“We” do not know that LS was in way over her head and it is IMO unfair to lump all or a majority of us into this classification. The truth is we only know what we have been privy to which isn’t much. Time will tell and ultimately most if not all hope for justice for Suzanne.
Well, we have plenty of truth. To start, LS got up there and talked about how law enforcement never quit, but she wasn't listening to them. We know this from the video of her very first presser and then the subsequent statements of the CBI agents. She said, in that first press conference, that she was confident in the case and that she wouldn't bring charges in this case unless she was confident in them. And yet, her team was admonished multiple times about the discovery issues, but they disregarded the Judge's admonishments. As a result, they were sanctioned by losing some of the expert witnesses. She had an opportunity to appeal these rulings but instead decided to dismiss the case she was so confident in. I'd say she was in over her head. If I were a taxpayer in that district I would be livid over the outcome of this case. JMO

Agreed, there needs to be justice for Suzanne.

Last edited:
I think the defense did a bait and switch. Deliberately deceptive.

Detail: a dog was brought out on 5/10. Dog was given a scent item and dog nosed around, alerting to nothing.

Defense pounced on this, as an opportunity to obfuscate. Probably officers, untrained as handlers, who watched the dog that day were optismistic, misinterpreting the dog's movements for tracking. But the dog actually found no scent to follow. And yet, the defense made a lot of noise in the courtroom (just as they did regarding the dead-in-the-water Codis hits), convincing the judge that the prosection was willfully withholding exculpatory discovery! I think the defense created the discovery violation! Because IMO there wasn't one!

In fact, it was a surprise to everyone that there was any kind of written report about that event, a report which underscores that there's nothing there helpful to the defendant!

The judge bought it. Referred to his notes, not the transcript. He was misled.

Neither the dog and handler nor the Codis hits were hushed by the Prosecution -- they were dead ends!! Well aware, the defense stirred them up and pretended they were something else!! This is not a search for truth! That is a willful distortion of the truth, meant to pollute the courtroom water.

I think if we laid out all the defense's arguments and motions we'd see a pattern of violations of the truth.

I am horrified at the statements made by the defense in court and out of court -- things that are patently and provably false.

That, to me, is outrageous. And a serious miscarriage of justice.

JMO

Totally (to the max) agree that the defense manufactured the discovery violations. And it's horrifying that this strategic method is/was acceptable to the court. eta moo

Hear!! Hear !!!

Too bad Judge Murphy was caught in the middle of BM, SD and her "mishap" which was probably a set up, IMO

I thought so as well! I also thought it was started to turn into this weird web of passion so to speak and more was to come. Almost like something was going to be exposed, it's already a movie plot but that I thought would be that crazy twist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB