Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o Prejudice* #103

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Barry did something to Suzanne either in the yard or house or both. IMO He murdered her and what he did to her between the tranq time and her end is the only mystery to me. Find Suzanne and lock him up for life. He alone is responsible for what he has done to his entire family. Not Linda, not Lauren and not us. Barry wtf is Suzanne?

Possibly sunless tanner? It’s really messy and will leave reddish-brown stains on clothing and anything it comes into contact with.
Yes. In that photo of the girls with their father doing the recent interview, I thought then that they were very tanned, and that it probably wasn't all natural.

About her phone, its possible SM just turned off her phone. Maybe she was tired and wanted to take a nap and didn't want her phone to disturb her. Maybe when she woke up, she left her phone off, and put it into her pocket still off when leaving for a bike ride. Its possible.

Not everyone is glued to their phones 100% of the time. When I sleep at night I turn my phone off. When I wake in the morning I leave my turned off phone on my night table while I get started feeding the animals and tending the garden(I live on a small farm). Sometimes hours go past before I go to retrieve my phone and turn it on.

The rest of what you say, about his truck movements, etc., I am not certain except to say that BM made a huge mistake in speaking to the police under those circumstances. Police can tell lies during questioning, and there are numerous cases of police railroading innocent people into confessing, etc. Despite the days of questioning, BM never confessed.

And I am not saying that BM could not have killed his wife--just that it seems unlikely to me, and that there isn't evidence to support it.
When it’s Mother’s Day
your young offspring are traveling and expected home and you have no land line you DO NOT turn off your phone

1905853E-F65E-4E22-A498-24F0B84255D8.jpeg
As someone posted ….she texted 59 times This was the last photo sent.
The damaged door frame that LE think happened after he shot her with the tranquilizer. She ran. Can you imagine. Chilling.6D30D48B-9909-4B96-B27B-680C3AA172E3.jpeg
However, investigators believe this unusual phone activity could be Barry chasing Suzanne around the house after shooting her with the tranquilizer gun.

Last edited:
As has been stated many times by others on this forum, Barry would have to be the unluckiest guy in the world for some stranger to just happen to kidnap/kill Suzanne when she disappeared. The week after she had asked for a divorce, sent the lengthy text to her sister.....Barry had the motive and means and well, he puts himself right there by his own admission with a weapon in his hand when Suzanne does dark.

I have no idea where his daughters are coming from. God knows what they have been through.

Barry didn't have to be a genius to kill and hide Suzanne. For God's sake, he said he never missed when he shot at something and he had landscaping equipment available to him that most people don't and the expansive wilderness around his home.

And just because there was no domestic violence calls to police, doesn't mean it wasn't happening. Many women are afraid to call the police on their husband until its too late.
"As has been stated many times by others on this forum, Barry would have to be the unluckiest guy in the world for some stranger to just happen to kidnap/kill Suzanne when she disappeared."

Wow, I disagree so much. Suzanne would have been the unlucky one to have been murdered by an abductor. Not Barry. MOO

Absolutely nothing of hers was found, other than the helmet and bike. Andy's search turned up things like discarded clothing, but none of it was ever connected to Suzanne.
So....Suzanne went for a bike ride, where later, her helmet and and bike were found....but her phone adapter and the towel she was using just moments before Barry got home both vanished from the house?

Do you also find it hard to believe that Barry Morphew is NOT a Christian?

Just because he says he is, you believe him?

Then why did Jesus say on judgment there would be many saying “Father, I prayed for the sick in your name, I preached your word, etc…” and he would say “Depart from me ye workers of iniquity. I never even knew you!”

BM has a warped sense of who he is. Listen to his lies. We know who he is. He murdered his wife.
By committing murder and then invoking God in the cover-up....well, yeah....I can see a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Unfortunately many women are murdered by their respectable husbands.

That's what the data tells us.

I don't believe you can tell whether someone is guilty based on an assessment of what kind of person they are. That is why we don't use propensity reasoning to find people guilty under evidence rules.

So....Suzanne went for a bike ride, where later, her helmet and and bike were found....but her phone adapter and the towel she was using just moments before Barry got home both vanished from the house?

For any of this to have a remote chance of being workable, the abductor has to strike at the home before she wakes IMO.

Then the abductor has to stage the bike and the helmet.

But to me that makes no sense. If you are the abductor, there is no point to the staging to conceal where she went missing. Why do it when it still suggests abduction?

Unless the point was just to hide the bike so it looked like she was out to get some more time.

To me the staging just doesn't jibe with a stranger abduction.

For any of this to have a remote chance of being workable, the abductor has to strike at the home before she wakes IMO.

But to me that makes no sense. If you are the abductor, there is no point to the staging to conceal where she went missing. Why do it when it still suggests abduction?

Unless the point was just to hide the bike so it looked like she was out to get some more time.

And way too many coincidences. Just so happens the spouse and children are out of town that day. No way an abductor takes time to stage a bike in an area where she does not typically ride.

<Mod note - fixed broken quote from Scootie98, sorry it doesn't look like the others>
CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o Prejudice* #103

LE says they never found the towel, so the question remains if it was a current towel from that house and if the picture was taken that day. If it was an older picture the towel could have been from anywhere and if that picture wasn't taken that day it could have been taken anywhere (there have been conflicting reports about temps and weather that day). I think some of it has all just been assumed from documents. There is evidence that the picture was sent that day however and the inference from data as far as LE is concerned is that Suzanne sent it.

Last edited by a moderator:
LE says they never found the towel, so the question remains if it was a current towel from that house and if the picture was taken that day. If it was an older picture the towel could have been from anywhere and if that picture wasn't taken that day it could have been taken anywhere (there have been conflicting reports about temps and weather that day). I think some of it has all just been assumed from documents. There is evidence that the picture was sent that day however and the inference from data as far as LE is concerned is that Suzanne sent it.
Since Suzanne’s phone was not located (that we know of), the picture was likely pulled from the cloud. The metadata on the photo should provide the date and time it was taken.

JMO

Since Suzanne’s phone was not located (that we know of), the picture was likely pulled from the cloud. The metadata on the photo should provide the date and time it was taken.

JMO
Agree, that particular exhibit and info was never discussed at the prelim or in motions that we know of. It's not very important in my opinion, it would be the sending of the image and that timestamp that is of importance I think.

I think Barry made a serious mistake by taking the phone adapter. That totally contradicts and undermines both gone girl (from the staging site) and "the lion" got her. Who breaks in and steals both the phone and the adaptor..especially if the idea is to project an unexpected event during a routine bike ride..or...who takes an adaptor on a bike ride? Neither makes sense nor fits Suzanne's modus operandi.

I think Barry made a serious mistake by taking the phone adapter. That totally contradicts and undermines both gone girl (from the staging site) and "the lion" got her. Who breaks in and steals both the phone and the adaptor..especially if the idea is to project an unexpected event during a routine bike ride..or...who takes an adaptor on a bike ride? Neither makes sense nor fits Suzanne's modus operandi.

Agreed.

Staging the bike is incompatible with the missing adaptor.

I can think of one instance where Suzanne may have taken her cord with her on a bike ride. If my phone is low on power I have little mini battery chargers that I plug my cord into for when I am out and about for a long period of time without access to a place to charge my phone. I use them at theme parks and stuff like that where I will be there all day and may need a charge. But you don't use the end piece that plugs into the wall and that would be back at the house or in her purse or somewhere. It's the only explanation for the cord being missing also. But then that doesn't explain her phone being powered down just before Barry leaves for Broomfield or her not answering her friend's snapchats on the 9th or her digital footprint ceasing to exist when Barry arrived home on the 9th. So, I don't think that is why the phone cord is missing and once again- everything points to Barry.

One other thing I was thinking about her purse being in her car, was she in the process of leaving the house and had put her purse in her car when Barry arrived home on Saturday? He immediately started running when he got out of his truck. Does it make any sense that he was running after her as she was getting in her vehicle or does that not fit the pattern of his phone?

I can think of one instance where Suzanne may have taken her cord with her on a bike ride. If my phone is low on power I have little mini battery chargers that I plug my cord into for when I am out and about for a long period of time without access to a place to charge my phone. I use them at theme parks and stuff like that where I will be there all day and may need a charge. But you don't use the end piece that plugs into the wall and that would be back at the house or in her purse or somewhere. It's the only explanation for the cord being missing also. But then that doesn't explain her phone being powered down just before Barry leaves for Broomfield or her not answering her friend's snapchats on the 9th or her digital footprint ceasing to exist when Barry arrived home on the 9th. So, I don't think that is why the phone cord is missing and once again- everything points to Barry.
To play devil's advocate -- had she been picked up by someone and bolted, and personally I don't think she did, she would have taken her journal, her phone and charger. Easy enough to pop in a new SIM card so I disagree that her missing journal, phone and cord points to Barry and nothing else...I think it is just a piece of the puzzle like other things...but that's what trials are for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper