Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #108

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was spontaneous too, though this is not to say that I don't think the thought ever crossed his mind. This article lays out a pretty damming picture. She tells him she wants out. It's over. Then the next day she's texting her BF 59 times in the morning and in one of them says “we need to be husband and wife”. I can see him catching her texting, grabbing and going through her phone, reading the texts, and flying into a rage. I can see how this is possible. I can also see it being followed by the chipmunk chasing, broken door jamb, and (possible self-serving) follow-up text of "[...sent ... at 2:26 p.m. telling her he was] on his way home, followed by another "Did you leave?"

The spontaneity still does not discount the fact that he had hours after the event to figure out how he was going to handle what had been done. We know his car didn't move [to Moffat on the 9th], right? But did hers? The unknown male DNA on the driver and pax side of her vehicle does have me wondering if others were called to help. They need to do what they can to trace that unknown DNA see if leads back to anyone connected to BM.

jmo
This is all on Saturday right? Because I was also remembering that I think the coworker Morgan said that they were doing the beach job that day and that Barry said he had to leave at around 11am to go "make the wife happy and do some hiking or biking"

Now I don't know whether the coworker is credible or not but if he did leave at around 11am maybe he went home because he suspected something and wanted to catch Suzanne "in the act" of doing something.

That is what bugs me too, it just makes no sense. I still believe he may have moved her remains at some point, especially after LE said they had a good idea of where she was located but couldn't get to it. Maybe that was a ploy between LE and BM.

He's had plenty of time to revisit the original site and move her himself, or with the help of a 'friend'.

HAHAHA I'm just so thrilled this guy is sweating his butt off, he's been strutting around like the poor, innocent victim way too long while Suzanne has been laying in a makeshift grave alone and uncared for. Tick Tock Barry.

moo
I really cannot see Barry taking the risk of being caught moving Suzanne's body. He would have to go to the original place , remove her,transport her and then dig a grave to 're bury her . I think like everything else Barry did ,he thought and told people he was much more able than he actually was.
Most of us on here were convinced he had used his landscaping skills together with his local knowledge of the land to hide her where she would never be found ,whereas in reality he was no different to any other murderer in choosing a rural place near a road.

UPDATE TO THE CIVIL DOCKET FOR MORPHEW v CHAFFEE COUNTY, COLORADO, et al:

Docket Update on 10/1/2023:​

U.S. District Court - District of Colorado​

District of Colorado (Denver)​

CIVIL DOCKET FOR CASE #: 1:23-cv-01108-DDD-SKC​

Morphew v. Chaffee County et al
Assigned to: Judge Daniel D. Domenico
Referred to: Magistrate Judge S. Kato Crews
Demand: $15,000,000
Cause: 42:1983 Civil Rights Act

Date Filed: 05/02/2023
Jury Demand: Plaintiff
Nature of Suit: 440 Civil Rights: Other
Jurisdiction: Federal Question

Plaintiff
Barry Morphew

Date Filed#Docket Text
09/28/2023
Joint MOTION for Order to Exceed Word Limit for Their Motions to Dismiss by Defendants John Camper, Megan Duge, Derek Graham, Kevin Koback, Kirby Lewis, Jeffrey Lindsey, Caitlin Rogers, Chris Schaefer, Linda Stanley, Linda (I) Stanley, Alex Walker. (Attachments: # 1 Proposed Order (PDF Only))(O'Connell, William) (Entered: 09/28/2023)

End of update - last docket entry #83 on 10/1/2023

Answer by ALL DEFENDANTS to BM's Civil Complaint is due by 10/13/23.

On 9/28/23 - Defendants Jeff Lindsey, Alex Walker, Linda Stanley, and ALL CBI defendants, filed a Joint Motion for Order to Exceed Word Limit for Their Motions to Dismiss.

Generally, a Motion to Dismiss shall not exceed 4,000 words. The Moving Defendants intend to file motions to dismiss all claims asserted against them pursuant to Fed.R.Civ.P. 12(b)(6).
Given the Plaintiff's 185 page, 1042 paragraph Complaint asserts thirteen separate claims for
relief
, the defendants cite that additional words are necessary for the Moving Defendants to adequately present their motions to dismiss given the length of Plaintiff’s Complaint, the complex nature of Plaintiff’s thirteen claims and the scope of Defendants’ defenses including absolute immunity for the prosecutor defendants and qualified immunity for all defendants. The defendants requested the Court extend the word limit for their respective motions to dismiss by 2,500 words—for a total of 6,500 words.

Of special note, counsel for Defendants Lindsey and Walker conferred with Plaintiff’s counsel, Jane Byrialsen, regarding the relief requested in the Motion, and Ms. Byrialsen objected to the relief requested.

Personally, I'm more than pleased to learn these defendants intend to file Motions to Dismiss in response to BM's Complaint, and I hope the Court sees through this charade of false and embellished allegations levied by BM, and grants the Motion and relief requested! MOO

@Niner

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members