Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #109

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She reminds me of Leticia, that time in the transit van....
The day the case was dismissed. They walked out of the courthouse behaving like petulant children who just won the lottery ... while Suzanne lays in a shallow grave. A respectable attorney doesn't reduce themselves to a fangirl of a murder. No sense of decency, No class!

IE employs over the top antics and a particular style that I’m not sure all judges are impressed with. Let’s hope for one that can see right through her.
Sadly, this is what made Lama so obvious and such a disappointment. Murphy was on to IE and would simply cut her off as in your done, move on. Another classic Murphy Order directed to IE relative to allegations of discovery violations (which started on her very first appearance) was IE not being able to access discovery in her possession was NOT the equivalent of the defense alleging a violation for non-receipt!

I believe any discussion about leaving together for Ecuador was just ... fantasy as lovers do. I don't think JL planned to ever leave his wife and children either, AND I don't think Suzanne wanted him to. IIRC, she was going to leave BM and not contact JL for a while.

I disagree that JL was a cad using Suzanne for a good time. Could be that she was using him or they were using each other ;) They knew each other way back, she trusted him and they were also friends. I believe he helped her realize her worth and probably validated a lot of her feelings regarding BM's treatment of her.
YES 100% lived through this exact scenario and my heart goes out to her. RIP

The day the case was dismissed. They walked out of the courthouse behaving like petulant children who just won the lottery ... while Suzanne lays in a shallow grave. A respectable attorney doesn't reduce themselves to a fangirl of a murder. No sense of decency, No class!
Or go on the attack on a gracious reporter and friend to WS --@Lauren Scharf!

Not sure if this has been brought up yet or not, but-

What's going on with their daughters?
I had read about how Suzanne was sending texts, stating that they knew of how he treated her & that they didn't like it.

Yet, now- The daughters say the complete opposite?
Is he holding something over their heads / threatening / manipulating?...

Or, is it pure disbelief?
No.. They have to know..
Right?

I remember the story of a man raised by relatives because his dad killed his mom. Decades later, the dad was paroled for good behavior. The son met him. Contrary to his expectations, he felt so lonely growing up, and this was his only parent. He was so happy to see his old dad, he hugged the old man and cried.

I think we don't understand how the daughters feel. A parent is still a wall before the eternity. I guess they don't want to be totally orphaned.

I didn't know about this. Lauren is a professional and too kind to question IE for the reason behind her desperation to control the narrative with unhinged statements, LOL!
LS attack begins at about the 3 min mark:

Apr 19, 2022
Iris Eytan, the lead defense attorney for Barry Morphew in the murder case against him, spoke after a judge on Tuesday granted a motion from prosecutors to dismiss the case without evidence

LS attack begins at about the 3 min mark:

Apr 19, 2022
Iris Eytan, the lead defense attorney for Barry Morphew in the murder case against him, spoke after a judge on Tuesday granted a motion from prosecutors to dismiss the case without evidence
At the 1 minute mark, she goes into such a load of total BULL when she says the prosecution is ignoring DNA from sex offenders all over the most critical locations, blah blah blah...Such a load of nonsense and she says it so intensely and powerfully. Turns my stomach to be honest.

She said to the crowd:
"In fact, there’s DNA that is placed on all the critical items of evidence in this case—on the bike, on the bike helmet, in the house, in the car, that is linked to unknown males, and has been linked to, uh, convicted sex offenders in this country. And the prosecution has chosen not to follow those leads."

Come on Iris, you know damn well there is no sex offender's DNA left on any of those things. It is a partial match, in other words a possible relative of a possible sex offender, that touched something in her glove box at some point in time. But hey, she was kidnapped off her bike, so who cares about her vehicles glove compartment?

ETA: Oh, and the 1980's called, they'd like their squared off shoulder pads back. :p

Last edited:
At the 1 minute mark, she goes into such a load of total BULL when she says the prosecution is ignoring DNA from sex offenders all over the most critical locations, blah blah blah...Such a load of nonsense and she says it so intensely and powerfully. Turns my stomach to be honest.

She said to the crowd:
"In fact, there’s DNA that is placed on all the critical items of evidence in this case—on the bike, on the bike helmet, in the house, in the car, that is linked to unknown males, and has been linked to, uh, convicted sex offenders in this country. And the prosecution has chosen not to follow those leads."

Come on Iris, you know damn well there is no sex offender's DNA left on any of those things. It is a partial match, in other words a possible relative of a possible sex offender, that touched something in her glove box at some point in time. But hey, she was kidnapped off her bike, so who cares about her vehicles glove compartment?

ETA: Oh, and the 1980's called, they'd like their squared off shoulder pads back. :p

It just fries me that IE's managed to command an audience spewing this false narrative for three years! It started only weeks after the preliminary hearing concluded and she's never let up! I think she's lost her shame bone!

Reading the state's response to sanctions together with the civil case, I think it is pretty clear IE bamboozled the state and the judge on process, rather than there being some secret problem with the evidence. Critical to this was bureaucratic incompetence on the part of the prosecution i.e. the response they filed in relation to the sanctions shows the level of organisation they needed months earlier, but they only got their crap together too late.

IMO the judge bought into IEs conspiracy that there was something the prosecution was concealing - especially the dog handler report helped her with this narrative.

But actually the core evidence against BM was the telematics, mobile, and witness evidence that never changed since the prelim.

I had myself believed that there would be super new and exciting telematics evidence in trial, but later filings show this was never the case. In fact they had a year to get the case ready before he was charged and already did all that work before the prelim.

Even the DNA, this was mostly just that Cahill bungled his testimony - but he would not have delivered this content at trial.

So yeah - I think mostly judge Lama bought into the abductor idea, at least as a real possibility, and the state was simply incompetent about getting its content together. the RR data is the best example. They had it ready months earlier, yet didn't send it, even though it isn't relevant to the case. Ditto the cellular evidence. This work was all done before the prelim. Ditto the telematics.

If the case comes back to trial, it needs to be properly resourced.

Sheila oliver@Sheila_oliver72

A week ago I received the words I’ve been waiting so long to hear.
They found her.
But I’m not sure my heart was prepared for them. I’m still trying to process it all.
My heart is in pieces. I miss her so much. Going to keep leaning on the Lord just as she would have.

4:05 AM · Oct 6, 2023
·

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members