Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #114

There is no evidence that she was a “prisoner.”
With all due respect, the second Suzanne made a definitive stand to leave Barry, he killed her. That is not a balanced, healthy, free marriage.

Coercive control is DV and it's a subtle manipulation. He kept the purse strings and confidently boxed her out of her own money. Huge and horrible and deliberate imbalance of power.

JMO

I would argue that the aggressive sexual behaviors of men like Morphew are those that proved to be most evolutionarily advantageous and so more likely to be passed along to a next generation. Until recently, women tended to choose aggressive men as mates because they were so dependent on them for protection. The resulting inclination of the Barry Morphews of the world to coerce women sexually is not only unmodified by our civilization, which is becoming more just, but is actually aggravated by a culture that has freed many women from dependency on men and enhanced their ability to seek men with different attributes as long term partners.

All of these factors, paired with online dating — an environment that amplifies users’ perceptions of being desirable — have contributed to the rise of violent male ideologies.

When this male psychology registers failure in the sexual marketplace, it will often respond aggressively. Those responses become amplified in online forums and chat rooms, where aggression is construed as a response to the perceived failure to live up to male identity, such that aggressive acts are intended to ‘repair’ masculinity in the eyes of others. These men are trying to prove their potency, their mattering, their ability to wield power by inflicting harm. This impression of potency could (in an ultimate sense) make them more respected and hence sexually successful.

I would not be surprised to find that Morphew was a participant in these online discussions.

Although I know plenty of very civilized men who are kind and generous and loving, I tend to disagree with those who believe Morphew is uniquely monstrous.

This is all MOO, of course. I wonder if @10ofRods could set me straight about this.

I think it's high time we put that llama in the zoo, as I can't remember if we already have one. Any comments?

C A V E A T

I understand that these endearing, disarming creatures...
S P I T - - - - >o_O !
- likely for any or no reason -
and very accurately so.
:eek:

Problematic for our creatures?...
...or our beloved, pro bono Keeper ? :rolleyes: ?

I would argue that the aggressive sexual behaviors of men like Morphew are those that proved to be most evolutionarily advantageous and so more likely to be passed along to a next generation. Until recently, women tended to choose aggressive men as mates because they were so dependent on them for protection. The resulting inclination of the Barry Morphews of the world to coerce women sexually is not only unmodified by our civilization, which is becoming more just, but is actually aggravated by a culture that has freed many women from dependency on men and enhanced their ability to seek men with different attributes as long term partners.

All of these factors, paired with online dating — an environment that amplifies users’ perceptions of being desirable — have contributed to the rise of violent male ideologies.

When this male psychology registers failure in the sexual marketplace, it will often respond aggressively. Those responses become amplified in online forums and chat rooms, where aggression is construed as a response to the perceived failure to live up to male identity, such that aggressive acts are intended to ‘repair’ masculinity in the eyes of others. These men are trying to prove their potency, their mattering, their ability to wield power by inflicting harm. This impression of potency could (in an ultimate sense) make them more respected and hence sexually successful.

I would not be surprised to find that Morphew was a participant in these online discussions.

Although I know plenty of very civilized men who are kind and generous and loving, I tend to disagree with those who believe Morphew is uniquely monstrous.

This is all MOO, of course. I wonder if @10ofRods could set me straight about this.
Morphew isn’t the type for an online discussion unless it was arranging for a quickie. That’s all he was interested in.
DV is indeed monstrous. I can see him being the one who decided what car she drove and what clothes she wore. That’s control. She only was able to vacation away from him when he was on his “trips” hunting for who knows what and being gone “days at a time”.
BM wore one face to the world and another face at home. Very common with males who commit DV.
Suzanne was desperate to escape. She finally found the strength and he killed her for it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gwg3232
Back