Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #114

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Haven’t kept up, but read back a couple pages. Thanks to you all for posting. Quick question, someone mentioned a date of September 22. How is that specific date relevant to a potential arrest? TIA.

Its not relevant - I'm hoping for an arrest around or on that date, the anniversary of Suzanne's remains being found. I would like to see Barry arrested at that time as its a little bit like Karma biting Barry in the backend.
I was crossing my fingers in hope xx
Or Wishful Thinking as @Seattle1 said ❤️

Moo

Sept 22 is the anniversary date of SM's remains being recovered in Moffat, CO in 2023. It's not a Court date here and think it's nothing more than wishful thinking for an arrest.
Wishful thinking? How long do you guess it will be before arrest happens?
I know. Only a guess. But you have kept up with this case so well.

IANAL but I suspect there may not be an arrest or charges in the BM / SM case until additional results in the LS case are clear, evident or ruled upon. And not before the status of the 15M civil lawsuit is addressed. And not until any possible effects or repercussions from the FBI investigation into a Colorado CBI DNA analyst are better understood and known. And not before the DA and prosecutors can file charges and a case that can navigate legally and properly the prior dismissed case / charges and rulings.

Reference Colorado Bureau of Investigation Department of Public Safety website undated statement entitled ‘Colorado Bureau of Investigation Releases Findings from Internal Affairs Probe into Laboratory Testing’:

As my late father, a civil structural engineer at NASA often said: ‘there is never time to do the job right, but there is always time to do the job over’. And yet, in this case, they only get one shot. One.

To use a swimming analogy….. since the ‘false start’ rope dropped on ‘the swimmers’ in this case, IMO investigators, the DA, and the prosecution need to be on their game. Unencumbered. Accurate. Focused. And it was fortunate that the first case was dismissed without prejudice. So that it could be refiled. There is a lot of work to do. MOO

Not the OP but I think @MassGuy has it pegged. Within months.

IMO, once this bogus civil lawsuit is dispatched -- all pafties released from it -- we'll see action.

Then we'll see if he can afford his own representation.

Would be quite laughable if, right out of the gate, thdy waive his right to a speedy trial. Gurssing he won't be able to afford and attorney AND post bail, if offered, either.

Justice loped in like a tortoise but it will be jack rabbit swift --

Suzanne's remains will have the last word.

JMO

In May 2023, BM filed suit against more than 20 individuals involved in the investigation and prosecution of his case. Accordingly, each defendant named in the suit answered the complaint with Motions to Dismiss-- some in very great detail.

Following an extended deadline granted by the Court, BM responded to the defendants Motions to Dismiss, and the defendants again answered. Subsequent to filed answers by the defense, BM voluntarily dismissed suit against three of the named defendants (FBI SA's Grusing, Harris, and CCSO Sgt Hysjulien).

At this time, the Court has scheduled a two hour Motions hearing on Aug 21 to hear arguments by the remaining defendants who were not dismissed from the suit.

Following the hearing, it may take several months for the Court to rule on the Motions to Dismiss. Should the Court grant each defense Motion, BM's suit will be over, and there will be no trial.

However, if the Court denies the defense Motions, all or in part, the parties will then enter the part of the lawsuit (Discovery) where each plaintiff and defendant has a chance to gather information from the other that can be used to prove or defend against the other party’s claims in the case. This is also the phase when each defendant can depose BM to answer their questions under oath.

IMO, it follows that the DA's Office for the Criminal case would want to wait for the 20+ depositions by BM before refiling charges against him.

In other words, I don't see BM being arrested on or before Sept 22!

But should the Court dismiss BM's lawsuit before the end of the year, I'd like to think a warrant for BM's arrest might be executed without delay. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knoop
Back