Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #114

I don't have access to this

can't access this either
From the quoted link:

6/14/24

[..]

Stanley's attorney Steve Jensen explained that she understood that she was off-the-record when she made the comments, but reporters said that she had a microphone on and should have known she was being recorded.

The order granting the motion to dismiss was filed by Fremont County District Court Judge Kaitlin Turner. Turner has been present listening to testimony in the gallery of the courtroom but is not scheduled to testify at Stanley's hearing.

[..]

In addition to the Fremont County case, Suthers was also asked about extra-judicial statements made by Stanley as lead prosecutor in Barry Morphew's murder case: First when he was arrested on May 5, 2021, and then on a national podcast after the evidentiary hearing.

[..]

Suthers said that he is being paid $250 dollars an hour with a cap of $5,000 to testify.

Also testifying Friday was Stan Garnett, former Boulder District Attorney, and Grant Grosgebauer, a prosecutor who was borrowed from the 18th Judicial District to help in the month leading up to the oncoming trial. He described those last tumultuous weeks as “a snowball that kept rolling down the hill.”

Grosgebauer said that Morphew's attorney, Iris Eytan, whom he described as "fierce," made prosecutors' lives difficult in the month-and-a-half before trial by filing motions which he felt were stretching a prosecution team which was outmanned.

“The defense had three full-time lawyers and six paralegals, plus investigators. They were filing every motion they could file but they were hammering the case” said Grosgebauer.

[..]

Grosgebauer, who got out of the prosecution business partly he said because of how difficult it has become to do that kind of work, is now a defense attorney in private practice. He told a three-person panel overseeing the hearing that it felt like former 11th Judicial District Judge Ramsey Lama treated the prosecution and the defense differently, particularly when he struck 13 of 16 district attorney witnesses as sanctions on the eve of trial, because the prosecution had engaged in “consistent” discovery violations, missing "already extended deadlines" for data involving the witnesses.

[..]

Grosgebauer countered that this was not true, and that Lama’s ruling was "really quick," based on the word of the defense, which was filing motions, he felt, for the sake of keeping the prosecution on its heels.

From the quoted link:

6/14/24

[..]

Stanley's attorney Steve Jensen explained that she understood that she was off-the-record when she made the comments, but reporters said that she had a microphone on and should have known she was being recorded.

The order granting the motion to dismiss was filed by Fremont County District Court Judge Kaitlin Turner. Turner has been present listening to testimony in the gallery of the courtroom but is not scheduled to testify at Stanley's hearing.

[..]

In addition to the Fremont County case, Suthers was also asked about extra-judicial statements made by Stanley as lead prosecutor in Barry Morphew's murder case: First when he was arrested on May 5, 2021, and then on a national podcast after the evidentiary hearing.

[..]

Suthers said that he is being paid $250 dollars an hour with a cap of $5,000 to testify.

Also testifying Friday was Stan Garnett, former Boulder District Attorney, and Grant Grosgebauer, a prosecutor who was borrowed from the 18th Judicial District to help in the month leading up to the oncoming trial. He described those last tumultuous weeks as “a snowball that kept rolling down the hill.”

Grosgebauer said that Morphew's attorney, Iris Eytan, whom he described as "fierce," made prosecutors' lives difficult in the month-and-a-half before trial by filing motions which he felt were stretching a prosecution team which was outmanned.

“The defense had three full-time lawyers and six paralegals, plus investigators. They were filing every motion they could file but they were hammering the case” said Grosgebauer.

[..]

Grosgebauer, who got out of the prosecution business partly he said because of how difficult it has become to do that kind of work, is now a defense attorney in private practice. He told a three-person panel overseeing the hearing that it felt like former 11th Judicial District Judge Ramsey Lama treated the prosecution and the defense differently, particularly when he struck 13 of 16 district attorney witnesses as sanctions on the eve of trial, because the prosecution had engaged in “consistent” discovery violations, missing "already extended deadlines" for data involving the witnesses.

[..]

Grosgebauer countered that this was not true, and that Lama’s ruling was "really quick," based on the word of the defense, which was filing motions, he felt, for the sake of keeping the prosecution on its heels.
Thank you.
And here it is again from another witness..
I'm hoping Lama is challenged soundly.
I think she will.

I suppose Kaitlyn Turner is being paid to sit in the gallery all week to throw stones at LS. She's not a witness, and certainly not there for moral support.

And good on Groseebauer for calling out Ramsey Lama for making rulings against the 11th Judicial District, sinking the case, based solely on the word of IE. In other words, to quote Supreme Court Justice Samour, rendering decisions that missed "the rest of the story."

MOO

I don't have access to this
Sorry, @kittythehare -- Law360 is subscription/paywall.

I suppose Kaitlyn Turner is being paid to sit in the gallery all week to throw stones at LS. She's not a witness, and certainly not there for moral support.

And good on Groseebauer for calling out Ramsey Lama for making rulings against the 11th Judicial District, sinking the case, based solely on the word of IE. In other words, to quote Supreme Court Justice Samour, rendering decisions that missed "the rest of the story."

MOO
Hoping Kaitlyn gets a mention or two for her troubles.. :p

You'd think there would at the very least, be some red flags raised by that fact, that would make them reconsider what they've been told. I can't even imagine being in their shoes.

jmo
Yes, IMO they are probably desperately trying to cling on to dear old Dad's innocence, and stomping on any thoughts to the contrary intruding. But how long can they keep it up?

Agree. From the get go The AA was poorly written. What evidence especially hearsay or characterization will be admitted or not admitted up to the any judge involved through motions and not always easily predictable, but the failure to bring to trial lays squarely on the prosecution.
To me, the AA did what it needed to do--present the facts. It's just a tool to get the job done. Which it did.

I'm curious to know if SM daughters are still standing by their father now that she has been found dead by one of BM's favorite toys, a dart.
Oh to be a fly on the wall...........
I'm behind the 8 ball, haven't been on this thread in a while. That said, they stand by him right through his prison term.

He is their last living parent.
He holds the purse strings, excuse me, the atm.
He religiously gaslit them into believing SM needed to be punished.
Internally they don't want to believe he killed her, they love him.

The youngest, in moo, may have memories that haunt her of "knowing" how cruel BM was to her mother, even wanting a restraining order.

MOO

Iris Eytan weighs in
Funny, she does not mention she is the source of one of the complaints -
www.linkedin.com ( I am not sure how to bring it here without showing my account so once in linkedin, put Iris’ name in the search box and her page should pop up.
See attached
IMO

Attachments

• IMG_0491.jpeg
    IMG_0491.jpeg
    151.1 KB · Views: 48
Iris Eytan weighs in
www.linkedin.com ( I am not sure how to bring it here without showing my account so once in linkedin, put Iris’ name in the search box and her page should pop up.
See attached
IMO
Hopefully when the political powers change Iris will find herself being investigated and the murdered victims will finally receive justice. To watch the obvious bias is very depressing.

Iris Eytan weighs in
See attached
IMO
I don't see the problem with this. You may not like Iris but her crusade against Linda Stanley seems to have a lot of merit.

Iris discovered LS was woefully incompetent. I mean, how many DA's are so bad they get to the point of investigating the judge of a case she was handling? It seems her direct reports and people tangential to her office are all testifying against her. So whatever ill will they may hold towards Iris for her clientele, at some level they must be grateful to her for uncovering this fraud.

I think we should all want somebody incompetent removed from a job like this one.

JMO

Iris Eytan weighs in
See attached
IMO
Yes, how rich of IE to omit that she personally urged the OARC to disbar, if not severely discipline all 8 prosecutors that ever worked on this case, and that she's also suing more than 20 others for $15M!

And funny to see the disguised shout-out to colleagues and judges who bought everything IE's selling, in pursuit of her own political agenda.

But we know too well these unnamed backers--and no thanks!

Instead, let me say good on Dru Nielsen who did say, 'no thanks.'

MOO

Yes, how rich of IE to omit that she personally urged the OARC to disbar, if not severely discipline all 8 prosecutors that ever worked on this case, and that she's also suing more than 20 others for $15M!

And funny to see the disguised shout-out to colleagues and judges who bought everything IE's selling, in pursuit of her own political agenda.

MOO
So, by the tone of your post I can tell that you must be happy with Linda's performance on this case.

MOO
Very well said....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member