Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #114

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Waiting patiently to see Barry behind bars for the rest of his life.
I'm with you @Poedelini, but maybe not so patiently waiting. lol

I want this case to move forward when they are confident BM will be behind bars for the rest of his miserable life. I think finding Suzanne's remains was huge for the State's case.

jmo

I'm with you @Poedelini, but maybe not so patiently waiting. lol

I want this case to move forward when they are confident BM will be behind bars for the rest of his miserable life. I think finding Suzanne's remains was huge for the State's case.

jmo
Im secretly scared that BM will never see a prison inside again.

I’m not; not even a little bit. There’s just no way you don’t charge a man with murder who has that much evidence against him. Especially with the new addition of a body and a proverbial smoking gun.

It’s just a matter of when. I think it’s coming relatively soon.

Civil Suit Update:

Hearing set for August 21, to include the remaining motions to dismiss.
View attachment 519250

Defendants Motions to Dismiss:

87 - Linda Stanley
94 - Alex Walker & Jeffrey Lindsey
95 - Mark Hurlbert
97 - CBI
98 - Cahill
104 - Board of County Commissioners, Chaffee County Sheriff et., al.
108 - Scott Himschoot
*109 - Claudette Hysjulien

Not sure about Motion 109 as Order to Dismiss (128) Claudette Hysjulien was entered on
4-17-24.

Well technically BM hasn’t seen inside a prison YET, just spent some time in county jail lock up/holding cell for 4-5 months post arrest-
from May 5, 2021 until he was released on bond in mid September 2021.

But dear @Poedelini to try and ease your fear (which I totally get and understand as we’ve all been waiting over 4 long years to see SM’s murderer-imo BM, held accountable), imo the authorities now have what they need to put the final nail in BM’s coffin (SM’s remains and the BAM in her bone marrow smoking gun), that’s great and helps the state’s case immensely, IMO cannot be overstated. Having said that, imo it’s still going to take some time for the 12th Judicial District DA et al to get up to speed and put a new solid rock case together, and they need to be organized, confident and ready to go as in, know/are confident that they have an air tight, provable/winnable case as once BM’s rearrested IMO he will likely exercise right to speedy trial and clock will be ticking.

Personally for me it’s not a matter of if but when BM gets arrested/recharged. IMO the authorities and the 12th JD/DA are being very careful and working diligently behind the scenes crossing every ‘t’ and dotting every ‘i’ before bringing case# 2 against BM. (They may also be waiting to see what happens with BM’s frivolous civil suit a/k/a money grab, and outcome of LS’s hearing(s)).
There very well may even be a Grand Jury that’s been empaneled and meeting as we speak. We’ll have to wait and see.

At any rate, my own personal prediction/thoughts are that BM will be rearrested/recharged sometime later this year/early next year and be tried, convicted and sent off to the big house a/k/a prison for LWOP before the end of 2025, heck maybe even by summer 2025.
Sounds reasonable to me.

Enjoy your last months of freedom looking over your shoulder BM.
What a terrible way to live. Good! couldn’t happen to a nicer guy, /sarc. (Cue vomit emoji)

Tick, Tick Tock…

IMHOO

#JUSTICEFORSUZANNE

ETA-clarification

Last edited:
Bye, bye, 15 million pie.

Sometimes I wonder if this greed, ironically, could have moved the case forward. After all, the case was was dismissed on technical issues. This is what you pay to a very good, very expensive lawyer for. Then they generate a lot of paperwork, and the prosecution, unable to match resources, is drowned and leaves loose ends. But then BM and his lawyer decided to take a really big bite. And I think it became personal. I seldom state that someone is guilty, but in BM's case, all evidence points this way. I think that 15M incited a lot of anger in LE. After all, BM is not a victim. And when the case becomes a matter of principle, more time/money may be poured into it. JMO.

But either way, I feel that BM is getting his comeuppance. Living next to a dumpster, no sane woman would ever date him, either. At worst, it will be JBR's situation with "no one punished, but no winners."

I’m not; not even a little bit. There’s just no way you don’t charge a man with murder who has that much evidence against him. Especially with the new addition of a body and a proverbial smoking gun.

It’s just a matter of when. I think it’s coming relatively soon.
Man I am waiting for it!

Sometimes I wonder if this greed, ironically, could have moved the case forward. After all, the case was was dismissed on technical issues. This is what you pay to a very good, very expensive lawyer for. Then they generate a lot of paperwork, and the prosecution, unable to match resources, is drowned and leaves loose ends. But then BM and his lawyer decided to take a really big bite. And I think it became personal....

@Charlot123 Thanks for your terrific summary :) of what works so well for some criminal defendants:

"very good, very expensive lawyer ... they generate a lot of paperwork, and the prosecution, unable to match resources, is drowned and leaves loose ends."

Thinking about the numerous cases I've seen over the yrs where I've seen that approach applied. And sometimes the guilty walk free. :(

Well technically BM hasn’t seen inside a prison YET, just spent some time in county jail lock up/holding cell for 4-5 months post arrest-

But dear @Poedelini to try and ease your fear (which I totally get and understand as we’ve all been waiting over 4 long years to see SM’s murderer-imo BM, held accountable), imo the authorities now have what they need to put the final nail in BM’s coffin (SM’s remains and the BAM in her bone marrow smoking gun), that’s great and helps the state’s case immensely, IMO cannot be overstated. Having said that, imo it’s still going to take some time for the 12th Judicial District DA et al to get up to speed and put a new solid rock case together, and they need to be organized, confident and ready to go as in, know/are confident that they have an air tight, provable/winnable case as once BM’s rearrested IMO he will likely exercise right to speedy trial and clock will be ticking.

Personally for me it’s not a matter of if but when BM gets arrested/recharged. IMO the authorities and the 12th JD/DA are being very careful and working diligently behind the scenes crossing every ‘t’ and dotting every ‘i’ before bringing case# 2 against BM. (They may also be waiting to see what happens with BM’s frivolous civil suit a/k/a money grab, and outcome of LS’s hearing(s)).
There very well may even be a Grand Jury that’s been empaneled and meeting as we speak. We’ll have to wait and see.

At any rate, my own personal prediction/thoughts are that BM will be rearrested/recharged sometime later this year/early next year and be tried, convicted and sent off to the big house a/k/a prison for LWOP before the end of 2025, heck maybe even by summer 2025.
Sounds reasonable to me.

What a terrible way to live. Good! couldn’t happen to a nicer guy, /sarc. (Cue vomit emoji)

Tick, Tick Tock…

IMHOO

#JUSTICEFORSUZANNE

ETA-clarification
He seems to be someone, who would get the idea to flee the country and maybe wouldn't get caught again, before he had become a multiple grandfather. That's my fear.

Sounds reasonable to me.

Tick, Tick Tock…

IMHOO

#JUSTICEFORSUZANNE

ETA-clarification
Thanks @fcavanaugh. Fear is a bit eased.
It sounds logical to have all the ducklings in a row in case BM is going for a speedy trial. And also waiting for the civil lawsuit to play out. I just have his smug face imprinted in my head as he walked out of the county jail (indeed no prison), and i literally cannot wait for justice for Suzanne and him starting his miserable life in prison.
Jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back