Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #114

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I appreciate your local insight, thanks for sharing.

So how do you think Bury found this remote location and why was it a desirable to him?? It sounds like it is well off the beaten trail. I tend to associate him in a high end Ford 350 and a million dollar home.

From some research about the address, it seems he is living well below his normal millionaire standard of living.

Hmmmm.....

JMO
Have you ever seen the prices on Harley’s? There is an appeal with middle aged men with money. Arizona came up several times in case artifacts with Suzanne and Barry.

Just for a little bit about the area for those who may be interested...

In many ways, Cave Creek (and Carefree, which it kind of blurs boundary lines with in many ways) is quite a sleepy little place.

We have a lot of great hiking (several regional parks - more than one that's featured in other missing person cases on here, actually) but other than that it's local restaurants and a few local dining chains (other than the DQ and Circle K, everything else is local) and the biker bars and that's basically all there is to the heart of that part of town where BM's address is.

Especially from about October-late April, people flock to the the biker bars from surrounding areas, particularly on weekends.

When WestWorld (Scottsdale) has their big bike week thing each spring (it's one of the largest biker rallies held in the US after Sturgis and Daytona apparently) Cave Creek is truly inundated because it's renowned for the biker bars.

A pic from Cave Creek bike week this past year.

437755168_804826898332365_1739486355343799791_n.jpg

See more here (CC Bike Week is hosted by The Hideaway & The Roadhouse - two of the main biker bars).

The Hideaway, Roadhouse, Harold's Corral, Horny Toad, etc. are definitely where people who come to Cave Creek tend to head.

All of them are walking distance from BM's address. I mean, just about everything in the heart of CC is walking distance really, but...I have exactly zero surprise with him having some ties to the address over there that he's frequenting them.

To me, that scene has zero appeal, but for someone like BM, with the friend(s) he has here who are very much part of those circles, honestly, it's the perfect place to be.

He can be in a massive crowd of people who hop back and forth between the various establishments, and back and forth across Cave Creek Rd, and he can pretty much be anonymous. It's loud, it's pretty dark, there's a sea of people from sundown on, and we're far enough away from Suzanne's death and CO distance/time wise that unfortunately far too few people would ever really be any the wiser that he's the no good he is.
Oh I can see that. And I hear bikers are really good people. It may not be my taste but I do hear good things. I just never pictured Barry, being the vain person he is, and being so strict with Suzanne, as a laid back guy who would desire that life. His desire was to murder her, say a mountain lion grabbed her, and retain his home and stellar reputation, although maybe not so stellar. When that didn’t happen, he decided to go with the story that she ran off with another man. Now he is likely back to a stranger abduction.
I just don’t see a jury buying that a stranger injected her with BAM.
I admit I don’t have a good opinion of the low life I believe him to be. I can see how he schmoozes his daughters. I hate how he has ruined their lives.
I wonder whatever happened with SD, his gf?
I hope justice will prevail for Suzanne and Cave Creek can be rid of him.

CO. Wrongful Death Action. Who May File? Deadline?

@I am not Sherlock H. posted: " .... Always wondered too whether BM might eventually be the recipient of a civil suit over the death of SM?..." sbm

@I am not Sherlock H.
@Megnut
Yes, ^ re WHO is eligible to file a WDA in CO, per below.
But the legal defense which would result in a judge dismissing a WDA for this death is CO. Statute of Limitations, i.e., TWO years, per below.

At this point, Aug. 2024, a concrete-wall-reinforced-w-steel-beams-defense for the May 2020 death?
imo
"... exclusive right to file a wrongful death lawsuit to the surviving spouse during the first year following a death. If there is no surviving spouse, children have the option to file, and if there are no children, parents can initiate a lawsuit.”
"The statute of limitations (time limit imposed by law) is two years in Colorado. A wrongful death claim that is not filed within that time period will be forever barred from recovery."
*Colorado Revised Statutes Sections 13-21-201 through 13-21-204
I'm of the opinion that the "clock" doesn't start ticking until, in this case, the coroner's conclusions are made a matter of record.
Yay or nay?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6
Back