Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #115

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Carol's story is up. Of note:

-In a striking coincidence, the man with whom Stanley announced Barry Morphew's arrest on May 5, 2021 -Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze- announced his retirement to the county commissioners in their meeting Tuesday, saying it was the hardest decision he had ever made, and citing health reasons.

“At some point you have to listen to your body and do the right thing. It’s a tremendously hard decision,” said Spezze. “The thing that made my job easier is the relationships. For me it’s never been about politics. We may not agree on everything, but we’ve always come together to solve things … but I’ve got to take care of myself now.”

-Eytan, who now runs an organization called Protect Ethical Prosecutors
, said that she filed her complaint in April 2023.

"The most egregious unethical behavior Ms. Stanley committed was violating Barry Morphew's presumption of innocence using the national and local media to make it that appear that Barry was guilty before he even set foot in a jury trial," said Eytan, adding that she is encouraged to see that the system worked.

-In a striking coincidence, the man with whom Stanley announced Barry Morphew's arrest on May 5, 2021 -Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze- announced his retirement to the county commissioners in their meeting Tuesday, saying it was the hardest decision he had ever made, and citing health reasons.

“At some point you have to listen to your body and do the right thing. It’s a tremendously hard decision,” said Spezze. “The thing that made my job easier is the relationships. For me it’s never been about politics. We may not agree on everything, but we’ve always come together to solve things … but I’ve got to take care of myself now.”

"The most egregious unethical behavior Ms. Stanley committed was violating Barry Morphew's presumption of innocence using the national and local media to make it that appear that Barry was guilty before he even set foot in a jury trial," said Eytan, adding that she is encouraged to see that the system worked.

I suppose Eytan will take the credit for it. Not surprised at her. I am sorry that Sheriff Spezze is sick.

Self inflicted wounds. She was defiant and unrepentant until the end.
That was her nature, even in announcing Barry’s arrest. Sometimes it works for prosecutors. I wish both sides could be honest and fair and want justice. If they did, it is possible the arrest could have waited and he would now be in prison, and it is possible the defense would realize his guilt.
What am I saying? Of course Eytan knows he is guilty! What a piece of work she is!

Self inflicted wounds. She was defiant and unrepentant until the end.
But wait..
... apart from irking the all-suffering Lama, J., what - please remind me - what did Linda do vis-a-vis the Morphew case that was unethical?
I'm getting on -- hourglass wise -- but since when is being a "below-average'" office manager UNETHICAL ? ! ? When already ?!:mad:
These administrative deliberative bodies are nothing more nor less than the keystone of what's disfigured America.
Opinion: YES.
Please try to dissuade me :p.

But wait..
... apart from irking the all-suffering Lama, J., what - please remind me - what did Linda do vis-a-vis the Morphew case that was unethical?
I'm getting on -- hourglass wise -- but since when is being a "below-average'" office manager UNETHICAL ? ! ? When already ?!:mad:
These administrative deliberative bodies are nothing more nor less than the keystone of what's disfigured America.
Opinion: YES.
Please try to dissuade me :p.
The profiling evil appearances were problematic, at least the panel thought so. Investigating the judge based on no evidence was also an issue.

There was also that other case where she said things she shouldn’t have on a tv news broadcast.

To me she was just astounding incompetent. Reading those documents makes me realize that had this gone to trial, Barry would be forever a free man.

Do you feel this news and IE’s statement about LS violating BM’s presumption of innocence will have any bearing on whether Barry will be recharged?

Do you feel this news and IE’s statement about LS violating BM’s presumption of innocence will have any bearing on whether Barry will be recharged?
Absolutely not. Everything changed once Suzanne’s body was found in the 12th, and it was a new sheriff’s office and DA’s office from then on out.

This whole thing would be a huge deal had the 11th still had the ball. Fortunately, Barry left the door wide open by dumping Suzanne where he did.

Absolutely not. Everything changed once Suzanne’s body was found in the 12th, and it was a new sheriff’s office and DA’s office from then on out.

This whole thing would be a huge deal had the 11th still had the ball. Fortunately, Barry left the door wide open by dumping Suzanne where he did.
That is the opinion I was hoping to hear @MassGuy

Out with the old, in with the new.
BRING ON THOSE CHARGES DA KELLY!!

To me she was just astounding incompetent. Reading those documents makes me realize that had this gone to trial, Barry would be forever a free man.

You jest! First, Stanley was never slated as the lead prosecutor at trial, and one doesn't throw the baby out with the bath wash. The evidence against BM hasn't changed and what prevented this case from successful prosecution was the loss of experts witnesses for trial.

Quick, throw that Kool Aid out of your glass! o_O

From the above link:

"Eytan said Tuesday that prosecutors should move on from her client.

“It’s time to let go of the Morphew prosecution,” she said. “Any prosecution of Mr. Morphew would be an extension of this unethical behavior. How can we condemn Mr. Morphew after the lengths that this prosecutor’s office and Ms. Stanley went to obliterate the presumption of innocence in the eyes of the public in Colorado and in the United States?” "

Rubbish.

You jest! First, Stanley was never slated as the lead prosecutor at trial, and one doesn't throw the baby out with the bath wash. The evidence against BM hasn't changed and what prevented this case from successful prosecution was the loss of experts witnesses for trial.

Quick, throw that Kool Aid out of your glass! o_O
Reading that document, I was horrified by the extent to which they were unprepared. It was so much worse than I had imagined. As the leader, you make sure everyone knows their roles, that they are fulfilling those roles, and that everyone is on the same page.

None of that happened, and I have zero confidence this team would have been successful.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CPomerleau
Back