Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #115

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Reading that document, I was horrified by the extent to which they were unprepared. It was so much worse than I had imagined. As the leader, you make sure everyone knows their roles, that they are fulfilling those roles, and that everyone is on the same page.

None of that happened, and I have zero confidence this team would have been successful.
So what does that do for the confidence of the new team who has to decide if they will prosecute Barry? He is clearly guilty. LS made some missteps. The one thing she did right was to drop the case, with the ability to retry. And the judge was not on her side. He got rid of the expert witnesses. I certainly feel someone should bring that up. Judges should be fair. Most aren’t anymore. A lot went wrong here. So IE can stick a feather in her cap and bank all the money she made from Barry.

My only concern is that the case is tainted. Will this make a DA shy away from the re-charge? Can they start from scratch as if the Stanley era never happened, or will they be fighting against what Stanley put out there in the public space on the first round? I would want IE on the wall for me-she was worth every penny that Barry spent-of Suzanne’s money. Hopefully another DA is willing to fight for justice for Suzanne.
Didn’t a poster here say that the new DA where Suzanne’s body was found is a friend to IE? Or maybe i had a nightmare about it. I just can’t see him getting away with this murder.

So what does that do for the confidence of the new team who has to decide if they will prosecute Barry? He is clearly guilty. LS made some missteps. The one thing she did right was to drop the case, with the ability to retry. And the judge was not on her side. He got rid of the expert witnesses. I certainly feel someone should bring that up. Judges should be fair. Most aren’t anymore. A lot went wrong here. So IE can stick a feather in her cap and bank all the money she made from Barry.
It'll be a totally new team with a totally new leader; hose problems were unique to Stanley's office, and he leadership. If it does anything, it will be to make sure these guys don't make the same mistakes.

My only concern is that the case is tainted. Will this make a DA shy away from the re-charge? Can they start from scratch as if the Stanley era never happened, or will they be fighting against what Stanley put out there in the public space on the first round? I would want IE on the wall for me-she was worth every penny that Barry spent-of Suzanne’s money. Hopefully another DA is willing to fight for justice for Suzanne.
I'm not sure if or how this case will be affected by the first prosecution, but it certainly helps that it's not the same office prosecuting it. I have no doubt this case will be revived, as all indications are that Kelley is all over it. You have a career making case, one that is infinitely stronger thanks to a body and smoking gun. There's just no way this doesn't go forward, and I think that will happen sooner rather than later.

I can't believe it'll that in 11 days, it'll be a year since she was found.

Isn’t the law supposed to be upheld based on facts and not emotionally charged rhetoric spouted by a paid defense attorney?

It really irks me that IE has so many thinking this case can’t be prosecuted. There was plenty of evidence, even before Suzanne’s remains were found to contain BAM.

IMO, it’s not a matter of whether the DA is “willing” to prosecute . A man murdered his wife, he needs to go to trial and be judged by a jury of his peers. The desire for justice should outweigh any of the swirling bullshite that engulfed this case from the beginning.

I often wonder what Suzanne’s family thinks of all this.

I believe it was divinely incredible that Suzanne's remains were found, and that another County and DA will be prosecuting BM. Chaffee had the right man and a case with LS, but the mistakes they made without the expert witnesses being qualified, the overall disorganized fashion and public statements made by LS could have meant a get out of jail free card for BM.

The case and the presentation to a jury will be much stronger now and I have no doubts BM will be found guilty. I feel better about a conviction than I did before LS dismissed without prejudice. You only get one shot at the apple.

Tick Tock...your 12 x 8 cage is awaiting you BM.

JMO

The profiling evil appearances were problematic, at least the panel thought so.1
Investigating the judge based on no evidence was also an issue.2

There was also that other case where she said things she shouldn’t have on a tv news broadcast.3

To me she was just astounding incompetent.4
Reading those documents makes me realize that had this gone to trial, Barry would be forever a free man.
With respect, negatrons !
1 Morphew case substance/details ever blah-blah-ed on this PE TV appearance?
Negative, iirc.
2 Averment(s) presented to DA Stanley Office by LE personage wrt Lama et ux domestic details, which he personally observed during open judicial proceedings...not evidence warranting a deputy's knock on ex-ux's door - practically in the nature of a welfare check?
Negative.
3 Vis-a-vis CO v. Morphew, an ethics, or any issue?

Negative.
4 "Astounding...[as defined: "
surprisingly impressive or notable"]... incompetence" ? Your opinion I earnestly respect.
And I'll up you one, by hypothesizing this august panel attitudinally boot-strapped "leadership deficiencies" into "wanting in ethics".

Whew! I'm through...
and most assuredly grateful for your indulgence
:)!
These are the accounts of other prosecutors on the team; it is not a pretty picture.
Pusillanimous Pilate hand-washing. imco

Last edited:
Isn’t the law supposed to be upheld based on facts and not emotionally charged rhetoric spouted by a paid defense attorney?

It really irks me that IE has so many thinking this case can’t be prosecuted. There was plenty of evidence, even before Suzanne’s remains were found to contain BAM.

IMO, it’s not a matter of whether the DA is “willing” to prosecute . A man murdered his wife, he needs to go to trial and be judged by a jury of his peers. The desire for justice should outweigh any of the swirling bullshite that engulfed this case from the beginning.

I often wonder what Suzanne’s family thinks of all this.
I’m sure her family is enraged, as we all are. Yes it should go to trial. The sooner the better. I’m not sure it will though.

View attachment 530369

I guess we have to wait for IE to leak the details from the 83 page disciplinary Order -- not coming up in the CSC recent decisions per the case number noted above.

Take heart brethren...
...as the fall from schadenfreude to moral comeuppance is precipitous and abides the misstep of the smug...
To paraphrase:
"Memento Eytan: es mortalis."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member