Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #55 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm...Now, that you post this definition, code enforcement personnel jumps out at me. Think about the wall that he supposedly was going to repair. He didn't have a permit to do so. Perhaps, he tried to bribe/pay some city clerk or code enforcement person into giving him a backdated permit?? That would totally blow his alibi to bits!

I really think that he was going to use the FF training as his alibi (as stated by another poster). Then, he had to scramble when he discovered the training was canceled.

JMO.

I guess it doesn’t really matter, although I’m no therapist. Is is better to feel pain that your father killed your mother, or feel it because you hold onto the belief that your father is wrongly accused and behind bars? Does it matter to anyone but them in life? It’s all grief either way. I don’t know psychologically what the right answer is. It’s all terrible.

I don't think there is a right answer.

These 'loving' fathers screw up their children's minds, their perception of family, when they kill their mothers.

In the Ristevski case, the daughter has separated herself from her mother's family. In order to more easily stand by her father. Which is very sad for both herself and her mother's family.

Last edited:
I was wondering...

Since BM has been arrested does LE need a search warrant to search? Can they actively pursue anything pertaining to the case without a warrant with him sitting in jail?
  • Searches incident to a lawful arrest
There is an exception to a search without a warrant when a suspect is arrested but it's probably not what OP is thinking about i.e., pursue anything pertaining to the case without a warrant. In other words, the constitution still protects a defendant from unlawful searches even after an arrested. I believe LE has been conducting searches of BM's condo incident to his arrest but under a valid search warrant signed by a Judge.

When police arrest a person based on probable cause that they are involved in criminal activity, they may search the immediate area as part of a search incident to a lawful arrest. However, these searches are limited to the area within the suspect’s immediate control. If the police have an arrest warrant for a person in your home, they may be able to come in and arrest the person, but if you do not consent to a search of the house, they may only be able to search the area immediately around the person who is being arrested.

The exceptions of exigent circumstances or hot pursuit only allow for warrantless searches in certain emergency situations. If the police are in pursuit of a fleeing suspect, they may be able to enter public property without a warrant. Similarly, if the police had a reasonable belief to believe that entry of property was necessary to prevent physical harm to another person or destruction of evidence, their warrantless entry may meet one of the exceptions to the rule.

The police may not need a warrant to seize evidence of criminal activity that is in plain view. For example, if the police pull you over for a traffic violation and see drug contraband in your back seat, they may arrest you for possession of drugs or drug contraband, and search the vehicle for other evidence of drug crimes.

How "Search Warrants" Work In Colorado Criminal Investigations

I think they'd still want a warrant. I'm guessing that the Arrest Warrant gave stipulations for search of new truck and the premises.

I do wonder if any warrants will be served in Indiana...or elsewhere.
Well, the AA is sealed. Both Chris M. and Sheriff Spezze says the investigation is ongoing and fluid. So, I am hoping others who may have been afraid to come forward are now doing so. If so, more search warrants may be issued.

That's the big question. We've never had a straight date and time IMO. I do believe she will be the KEY to this case. It is MOO she did the birthday YouTube for Suzanne's 50th birthday from the minute I saw that video...absolutely made with love, beautifully done.
Ita she'll be the star witness. I haven't seen the video yet but I'm going to watch it.

There is an exception to a search without a warrant when a suspect is arrested but it's probably not what OP is thinking about i.e., pursue anything pertaining to the case without a warrant. In other words, the constitution still protects a defendant from unlawful searches even after an arrested. I believe LE has been conducting searches of BM's condo incident to his arrest but under a valid search warrant signed by a Judge.

When police arrest a person based on probable cause that they are involved in criminal activity, they may search the immediate area as part of a search incident to a lawful arrest. However, these searches are limited to the area within the suspect’s immediate control. If the police have an arrest warrant for a person in your home, they may be able to come in and arrest the person, but if you do not consent to a search of the house, they may only be able to search the area immediately around the person who is being arrested.

The exceptions of exigent circumstances or hot pursuit only allow for warrantless searches in certain emergency situations. If the police are in pursuit of a fleeing suspect, they may be able to enter public property without a warrant. Similarly, if the police had a reasonable belief to believe that entry of property was necessary to prevent physical harm to another person or destruction of evidence, their warrantless entry may meet one of the exceptions to the rule.

The police may not need a warrant to seize evidence of criminal activity that is in plain view. For example, if the police pull you over for a traffic violation and see drug contraband in your back seat, they may arrest you for possession of drugs or drug contraband, and search the vehicle for other evidence of drug crimes.

Thank you, that does clarify what I was thinking. Very interesting

Am I listening to this correctly (at 1:34:40) Chris talks about TN living right next to Barry and SM in Colorado? Chris is saying Barry’s mom lives right next door to Barry in that white house. I never knew that. Was this talked about before and did anyone else know this?

Has it ever been revealed who the other $100,000 reward was offered from?
"A family friend that wished to remain anonymous." Although several names have surfaced on social media, I do not recall that anyone was actually confirmed. In fact, I've seen posts by an alleged contributor denying they matched the reward by BM and the rumor continues to exist. o_O

Am I listening to this correctly (at 1:34:40) Chris talks about TN living right next to Barry and SM in Colorado? Chris is saying Barry’s mom lives right next door to Barry in that white house. I never knew that. Was this talked about before and did anyone else know this?
Yes, that was news to me as I sleuthed TN at the beginning of the case and he did not live in the vicinity/ nearby. He is so easy to look up too.

In fact, I just did and is the same address as last year. MOO

Maybe he meant to say GD?

I take everything Chris says with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

Seattle1, you are such a wealth of information and so helpful in sharing it. I can't believe I skipped across your post yesterday that explained that Colorado ALWAYS has protection orders following a criminal arrest and that the unusual aspect of this one was the exception that permitted contact but reminded that it must be civil. So many posts yesterday that I was speed-reading, but I should know better than to speed-read yours!

Thank you so much for your contributions here.

I know ER's, hospitals, and physician's offices are required to ask questions that pertain to abuse by other people ( senior abuse, domestic violence, human trafficking, child abuse). I wonder if she had reached out during her medical care episodes and if LE would be able to get that information from her medical records.

I think that's a possibility, too! That's why I want to know when she and Barry met. If it was before Suzanne was murdered, then hmmm. Different scenario.

LS said on the Nancy Grace podcast linked above that the redhead was a friend of SM’s who confronted Barry. It was fairly early in the podcast.

FYI, I believe he is referring to the house TN grew up in next to Barry's back in Indiana, Barry's sister's house.

Yes it is very confusing.. his wording though.. “Trevor LIVES next door to Barry that is his moms house, that white house. and so it made sense that he was the first one on the scene when Suzanne was reported missing”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tcat91