Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #55 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if he'll try to represent himself ?
I doubt it. He is like a caveman. I'll be shocked if he is able to keep the public defenders. If he is and the taxpayers are on the hook for his lawyers, I think that they will be good ones.

I think that he should be made to spend at least his half of the assets accumulated for his defense. That should be blown pretty quickly.

I know that his one daughter has graduated from college. I hope that the younger daughter goes to college. Even though I don't understand their behavior, I believe that Suzanne would want them both to get their educations and be happy and successful in life.

Barry needs to spend the rest of his miserable life in prison.

JMO.

Narcissistic arrogance often trumps common sense. He looked utterly shocked in his mugshot and he didn’t have a defense attorney already on retainer. Despite all the activity swirling around him, I think he was completely surprised that he got arrested. I bet he thought he was going to get away with it and ride off with his ill-gotten liquidated assets into the Mexican Arizona sunset.

Perhaps BM didn't have a Defence Attorney lined up, because he does not need to pay for his initial appearances.
He is saving every cent.
GREED governs his life.

I’m curious to know which true crime podcasts he listened to and what he thought he was learning from them. He apparently missed the ones about not needing a body to convict, the power of circumstantial evidence, and not acting like a guilty creepo after your wife goes missing.

Apparently he learned at least 3 lessons: avoid making the 9-1-1 call, refuse a polygraph, and request an attorney immediately upon arrest.

Whatever we think about Barry I seriously doubt he is stupid enough to go the public defender route. I also doubt he would dare represent himself. IMO
I hope he has had time to read and understand what LE’s evidence is against him. In a just world he would give up Suzanne’s remains if possible or at the very least tell the tale of her demise. I wish this for his girls because they deserved none of this and it is on him to make it acceptable for them in whatever way that is. If he puts them through a trial knowing what evidence there is against him he makes himself every bit of the monster many of us believe him to be. IMO

Happy Mother’s Day to all. I’m raising a toast to justice for Suzanne tomorrow. Mimosas all around. Thursday is coming folks. Let’s celebrate and honor the lady we have grown to adore.

The expression on BM’s face during the video never changed! Because he decided that’s the expression of grief and worry, he kept his facial expression the same with the contorted look. Genuine emotion is fluid when it shows in facial expressions. His eyes were “empty”.
#BringSuzanneHome
Replying to my own post to clarify I was speaking about Barry’s facial expression during his 26 sec video. MOO

The press conference indicated LE has a theory based on evidence about what happened and how she died. At least that's my interpretation.

Apologies for the following graphic content:

My speculation is that he killed her in the hot tub. That would be a relatively easy thing to do considering their respective sizes. That would explain the alleged purchase of quantities of chlorine (per CM).

RSBM....

I agree the tub. No blood...no facial contact necessary for visual strangulation(which some doubted he could do, and I agree) other body fluids in the tub upon death yes...

Interesting statement from Linda Stanley, 11th Judicial District Prosecutor! (BM prosecutor)
On @ProfilingEvil video, Mike King pinned this statement from Linda Stanley, It’s the first statement in the comments. I find it very reassuring.

“I wanted to personally say "thank you" to all of you that watched the livestream today and commented. Your comments are extremely important to me and I read every single one of them. You all brought tears to my eyes at times; that's a rare event, for sure. Please understand I am forbidden by the Rules of Professional Conduct to discuss any active and open investigations. To me, they are active and open until there is a conviction (so I can't speak about a case until after the jury has a verdict). Just know that I hear you, I get it, and I'm on it. The law enforcement officials you have in this district are topnotch - they haven't missed anything. We're doing all we can do every single minute of every single day. The biggest mistake anyone can make will be to underestimate me.”
MOO

Hope now, you have a good life.
You certainly are very smart.:):):)

It appears SM may have been controlled by BM (I am shocked he took a plane to check on her holiday!!!!).
So SM planning perhaps to move on, would be stopped, if BM was aware, resulting in her disappearance.
Karma starting now.....
MOO.
does anyone have a link to BM flying to FL to check on SM while she was on a girls trip? If it’s a lengthy podcast, then a minute mark? I don’t know if i believe this. If true, wow!

Yep. You are right on target reeling my wild imagination back to the real world. Maybe, this BFF was actually Face Timing with Suzanne when Barry is heard or seen doing something without realizing that he is on camera. This friend called the police immediately. Didn't she?

She probably is a very crucial witness.

JMO.
I cannot say with 100% certainty whether Suzanne’s BFF called the police immediately, or if she contacted LE with her concerns after she found out Suzanne was “missing”.
I remember the Saturday wedding convo being discussed on an episode of PE with Andy, Mike & Chris and I don’t believe it was made 100% clear, at least to me, exactly when Suzanne’s BFF spoke to/contacted the police. It’s one of the things that will be interesting to learn once we are privy to more details, like reading the AA, cannot wait.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
Now, I'm thinking that the friend in IN was on a FT with Suzanne and heard/saw something. Suzanne probably was focused on her friend when the master walked through the door. She didn't greet him with bells and whistles. Perhaps, the true Barry was exposed to this woman on the other end without Barry knowing that she was FT and not just texting.

If this is the case, this along with not being able to get in touch with Suzanne and Suzanne missing her daughter's wedding would alert her as soon as she heard that her friend was missing.

My question is this: Are these FT's recorded by anyone? Will it just be her testimony or was she able to capture something (assuming that this is what happened)??

JMO.
Anyone who may have engaged with Suzanne on Facebook, Instagram, Voxer, FaceTime or WhatsApp and would like to share new information or come forward if they haven’t been interviewed is asked to contact the Suzanne Morphew tip line, regardless of how insignificant you think the information may be, or whether you think investigators are already aware of it.

Suzanne Morphew Tip line: 719-312-7530.

Thank You,
John A. Spezze
Chaffee County Sheriff

Chaffee County Sheriff's Office

Remember this request from back in November last year?

You think she got this going? I read that she was a friend of Suzanne's. So many things said, it's confusing to say the least.
My understanding is the lady pictured in the Daily Mail article was a friend of both BM & SM, not a romantic interest but linked to the Morphews via business. With that said, I have no idea why she was in CO. The one LS tried speaking with the day BM was arrested but was unavailable (per LE) has been his “romantic interest” according to CM.
https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1390097967613239297?s=21

Attachments

• 8F456CC9-433B-40FC-8875-49B64A742844.jpeg
    8F456CC9-433B-40FC-8875-49B64A742844.jpeg
    138.5 KB · Views: 70
Interesting statement from Linda Stanley, 11th Judicial District Prosecutor! (BM prosecutor)
On @ProfilingEvil video, Mike King pinned this statement from Linda Stanley, It’s the first statement in the comments. I find it very reassuring.

“I wanted to personally say "thank you" to all of you that watched the livestream today and commented. Your comments are extremely important to me and I read every single one of them. You all brought tears to my eyes at times; that's a rare event, for sure. Please understand I am forbidden by the Rules of Professional Conduct to discuss any active and open investigations. To me, they are active and open until there is a conviction (so I can't speak about a case until after the jury has a verdict). Just know that I hear you, I get it, and I'm on it. The law enforcement officials you have in this district are topnotch - they haven't missed anything. We're doing all we can do every single minute of every single day. The biggest mistake anyone can make will be to underestimate me.”
MOO
Listened to both her appearances on PE. Hearing about her personal journey to becoming DA was really inspiring. She is tough as nails and smart as a whip. I have confidence in her.

Some Indiana court records tied to both Barry and Suzanne. There used to be more for Barry but can’t seem to find them. Maybe someone else with more experience and knowledge can help. TIA
Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase

View attachment 296438
Beaver Products Inc vs. Rdj Custom Homes Inc
Barry Morphew and BLM Landscaping among other defendants
Converted Event
Complaint To Foreclose Mortgage and Summons filed. Received by c/m on 09-08-08 dated 09-05-08. LL0912 USER: LRL
View attachment 296439
Godby Heating & Air vs. Rdj Custom Homes Inc
Barry Morphew and BLM Landscaping were among many defendants.

Complaint for breach of contract, action on account and account states, foreclosure of mechanics liens and action on personal liability noties filed. Summons filed. dz1217 USER: DCZ
View attachment 296440
Barry Morphew, Suzanne Morphew vs. Lawyer Title Insurance Corporation
Barry and Suzanne Plaintiffs
Went to trial
Hearing Journal Entry
Parties appear for continuation of jury trial. Sworn jury appears. Evidence continued and concluded. Verdict entered in favor of Plaintiffs in the amount of $150,000. Counsel for Plaintiffs to provide judgment. Jury minute filed per entry in packet.

View attachment 296443
View attachment 296444
Jerry Brown, Miller Surveying Inc vs. Barry Morphew
Barry is defendant
Pltf demands judgment for $4575.00 plus interest and costs
Great sleuthing! Look very much business related, material liens on a property, not really unusual if bills aren’t paid. Possibly related to the lawsuit with the insurance company who provided title insurance for the home referenced. Sometimes title companies can be a little sloppy and miss liens file. Then the seller or owner of the home/property can find they own property that doesn’t have a clean title. Just MOO from limited experience as a RE broker, but it’s been years! MOO

ITA - I'm wondering whether this BFF who was spotted dining out with BM was wearing a wire.
Just to be clear, the woman in the pictures/spotted out dining with BM, isn’t Suzanne’s closest BFF from Indiana that I was referring to in my post. I believe the woman in the dining out pictures is/was a friend of both BM & SM. It would be interesting to learn if this person was wearing a wire, indeed.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
and yet sly Scott Peterson got his death penalty overturned last year and now he has a good chance of getting a new trial...
@Whiteorchids sbm bbm Yes, Scott Peterson's death penalty sentence was overturned by CA St. Sup Ct, but the murder convictions were affirmed.*

So, there will not be a new trial de novo (in its entirety) on issue of guilt or innocence but new hearing(s) on Peterson's sentencing, which could death sentence again or could be reduced to LWOP, iiuc.
ETA: Regardless, Peterson will be in the slam for a looong time.

* "August 24, 2020,... the Supreme Court of California upheld Peterson's conviction, but overturned his death sentence ... "Jurors may not be excused merely for opposition to the death penalty, but only for views rendering them unable to fairly consider imposing that penalty in accordance with their oath. This is the meaning of the guarantee of an impartial jury."[2][115][116]." sbm Scott Peterson - Wikipedia
** "The ruling allows the prosecution to ask a new jury to reinstate Peterson’s death sentence or to allow him to be re-sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole." ** bbm
Death penalty overturned for Scott Peterson, convicted of murdering wife and unborn child

Last edited:
Yes Suzanne and Barry had a lot of friends in Indiana. It is my understanding that Suzanne’s closest BFF is the woman she went to college with at Purdue and the 2 were teachers together in Indiana. It is also my understanding this is the BFF Suzanne was texting with Saturday about this friend’s daughter’s upcoming nuptials, when convo abruptly ended. It is my opinion it is this same friend who made the recent tribute video to Suzanne as the video included pictures of this friend. The video I’m referring to had the “tick-tock” sound at the end. We have not heard a peep from this friend and I believe she will be a Star witness at Barry’s eventual trial. She, Suzanne’s bike mechanic Scot, and neighbor JR who Barry manipulated into calling 911, IMO will be very important witnesses at trial. We haven’t heard from any of these 3 publicly and I think for very good reason, because they all hold crucial information important to LE/DA’s case.

Before SM’s twitter was disabled, there was lots of info to be found about this friend, her BFF in Indiana. There were pictures of she and Suzanne sharing good times together and endearing messages between the two. They appeared to be very close and loving toward one another, like Sisters from a different Mother kind of relationship is the impression I got. My heart really goes out to this woman as I’m sure she must be absolutely devastated by Suzanne’s loss.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

ETA-clarity, punctuation.
It’s fairly recent Suzanne’s Twitter account was removed. It wasn’t long ago I was looking at it.

The press conference indicated LE has a theory based on evidence about what happened and how she died. At least that's my interpretation.

Apologies for the following graphic content:

My speculation is that he killed her in the hot tub. That would be a relatively easy thing to do considering their respective sizes. That would explain the alleged purchase of quantities of chlorine (per CM).

And wouldn't one need to drain the tub afterwards? How much water would be required to refill a hot tub? Would utility records show that? Or is the PP property even on municipal water? No, probably a well.

I wonder, too, if LE saw cuts, scratches, or other marks on BM on the 10th and that added to the suspicion? Maybe he agreed to be photographed when he went in for one of his "three-30" police interviews?

Really hoping those interviews become public at some point. I know it's early days for that but ... maybe one day. On Dateline perhaps?
I own a hot tub and can say from first hand experience in draining/refilling it (not to cover up a crime, mind you) it doesn't take a large amount of chlorine at all. If Chris is correct about the large chlorine purchase, I don't think it was for the hot tub. MOO.

MOO
Thank you so much for posting this. It is very reassuring. Personally, I’m very impressed with Linda Stanley so far. IMO, she’s direct, no nonsense, capable. A consummate professional, regardless of what attire she wears at a Press Conference lol. Most importantly, I believe she is 100% committed/dedicated to ensuring that Suzanne receives her due justice.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors