Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #56 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, wow. That trailer looks like items were just tossed on, landed wherever, and sorta strapped down. Doesn’t look like everything would make it safely from Indiana to Colorado.

Makes me sad to see it, especially today.

Yeah, wow, that’s crazy. Spring for a U-Haul or at least tie a tarp around it. How did those boxes not go flying off? Poor Suzanne.

Well, here's another way that investigators track what may have happened to a person. They contact Amazon and ask them to search for any recordings Alexa might have made. Maybe investigators can also do that with Google and Apple smart assistant devices.
I wonder if the Morphews had any home smart assistant devices.

This is from another case, where a husband murdered his wife ....

They also noticed two Alexa devices and contacted Amazon for any recordings on the morning Gretchen went missing.
Meanwhile, audio retrieved from Gretchen's Alexa devices revealed her cries for help.
Was COVID-19 the perfect cover for murder?

Excellent post @Hoosierfan72. I 1000% agree. I’ve felt for a long time that there was no evidence found indicating SM had an accident/crashed her bike, that there was something about the bike itself that provided a huge clue to LE. I believe they knew from virtually the jump that the bike/bike scene was staged, and found out that the bike found was either not Suzanne’s expensive bike that she regularly rode and/or there was something about the bike found that rendered it inoperable, i.e., not in working order/suitable for riding.
LE never handled SM “missing” as a kidnapping/abduction, nor gave any indication that they were looking at alternate suspects.

All of the above IMHOO.

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

I agree with all of the above. I remember there was a rumour circulating, not long after SM went missing, that the bike's brake was left on. I wonder if in his haste to throw the bike down the embankment, he did forget to unclip the brake.

To move like this shows no organization, and cheap.:D
With no organization, probably LE have found such evidence in SM's murder, besides the ridiculous alibi, with BM's back and forth movements.

The cheap move: BM must save every penny, everywhere he can.
Pure greed, as we have seen with all the recent sales.
Hope it now all goes on his Defence.:D

The cartoon-trailer look, to me, speaks of either lack of available funds OR (someone pointed out it looked like all ‘his’ stuff) wish to control all his private belongings, and not have them in the possession of the removal people.

The cartoon-trailer look, to me, speaks of either lack of available funds OR (someone pointed out it looked like all ‘his’ stuff) wish to control all his private belongings, and not have them in the possession of the removal people.
It’s 1200 miles from Arcadia to Salida. Did he drive his Beverly Hillbillies trailer straight through? Did he stay at a motel and leave that mess exposed with random boxes out in the open in a parking lot while he slept? He was a landscaper with some sort of construction background-usually, people in the trade would know how to properly pack and secure that much stuff in a way to keep it safe and tidy for a trip like that. This looks like a teenager threw it together. Amazing it made the trip.

technically speaking, if you have H2SO4, you don’t need chlorine at all.

I googled aqua Regia, one can make it at home by mixing either hydrochloric acid and nitric acid, or hydrochloric acid and some nitrous salts. It is pretty strong, but I don’t think he needs to go that far. Perhaps he tried to use something to get rid of the body, but it didn’t work?

Another version - if Suzanne was meant to “disappear” with her jewelry, one would use aqua Regia that dissolves gold and platinum. This could explain chlorine smell, and it would be the gas from HCL.

Maybe it is all what he did in the house, dissolved the jewelry? Took her body somewhere else, lots of places in CO, but jewelry he can not afford to be found…
Yes, I found some information about aqua regia as well. It's called "royal water" for it's ability to dissolve gold. The only problem is the potential to cause serious burns or explode into flames.

I agree with all of the above. I remember there was a rumour circulating, not long after SM went missing, that the bike's brake was left on. I wonder if in his haste to throw the bike down the embankment, he did forget to unclip the brake.
Yes, one version of the story was that the brakes were jammed up. I thought maybe this was done intentionally to make it look like an accident, although we still don't know what condition the bike was in. Imo

*Please delete if not allowed but I think we can talk about Chris Youtube videos..

Did anyone catch CM Live video from last night? Around the 59:55 mark. CM states that he interviewed someone about 6 months ago. He dated one of Barry’s daughters back in IN and at some point Barry caught them together. Barry approach this man and threatened him. He said if he validated any rules of morality with his daughter he was going to “burry him underneath a tree”…. I heard that and instantly got chills! Didn’t a cadaver dog hit on a tree for Suzanne?

Here is the link

*Please delete if not allowed but I think we can talk about Chris Youtube videos..

Did anyone catch CM Live video from last night? Around the 59:55 mark. CM states that he interviewed someone about 6 months ago. He dated one of Barry’s daughters back in IN and at some point Barry caught them together. Barry approach this man and threatened him. He said if he validated any rules of morality with his daughter he was going to “burry him underneath a tree”…. I heard that and instantly got chills! Didn’t a cadaver dog hit on a tree for Suzanne?

Here is the link

Yes. Chris showed the tree in the video.

Chris's latest video had many useful nuggets, esp the part about BM threatening the daughter's b/f.

I still can't get over the Beverly Hillbillies loading job and all the dang antlers! Even in the passenger seat!

Here is the link
Yes, I read that he threatened a boy friend but not that he said he was going to bury him under a tree. Was it really a grown man or a kid? Even the oldest daughter must have been a teenager back then. Either way, he obviously didn't follow through. I think he had a very different motive for killing Suzanne.

I don't know why the PE guys think he buried her under a tree or anywhere near his property. There are so many remote locations he must know about. I don't think she will be found close to home. I think he got rid of the body on Sunday on his way to Denver. Imo

Good morning my WS family. I am going to be busy today because my daughter is in the hospital with complications following gallbladder surgery. But I wanted to acknowledge this sad anniversary today and I know we will all be thinking of beautiful Suzanne especially today and after Mother’s Day yesterday. I’m so grateful that Barry is in jail and justice is coming. I’ll be following the thread today when I can. I’m so looking forward to reading the AA. We are going to have a field day with that! Love to you all!

Funny...I think it did come directly from Barry to a family member. Trevor or his mom. I don't see someone pulling that from thin air, just assuming he was on a FF training, especially during COVID... we all had or knew most events were cancelled, even the churches were closed. If your going to guess it makes sense to me that he would have been more likely to be out of town on a hunting trip, or out of town on business, but then again I don't see someone just guessing. Frankly I don't know why you wouldn't say you're not sure where the husband is. Hard for me to buy someone just came up with FF training out of the blue...but anything is possible of course

Possible there was an explanation in the email sent the next morning to her former church friends, mentioning where Barry was....and the girls, that day. We know they were sent a lie as to what happened to dear Suzanne. This AA should be very interesting.

I guess where the disconnect for me is, Barry obviously knew that other people knew he was in Broomfield on a landscaping job, since he's the one that set that whole thing up.

So if he knew that other people knew exactly where he was and what he was supposed to have been doing why would he lie and tell anyone he was somewhere else doing something else (Denver for FF training)? I mean, we know Barry's a liar but this would be a completely pointless lie that would be exposed immediately, by MG, JP, CC, the hotel clerk, surveillance cams on site, etc.

It doesn't add up that the FF training info came from Barry. If you're a lying liar who lies and sets up an alibi to be in Broomfield landscaping, why undo your own alibi/lie and tell someone else you're somewhere else, doing something else? Unless, he's such a terrible liar that he can't even remember what/when he lied about things.

I think the idea is that maybe he originally told people he would be at firefighter training (and one of them perpetuated this story when Suzanne disappeared), and it was only at the last minute that he set up the Broomfield job nonsense when the firefighter training was cancelled.

It seemed to me that someone was in a panic to get their stuff out and go.

I think the idea is that maybe he originally told people he would be at firefighter training (and one of them perpetuated this story when Suzanne disappeared), and it was only at the last minute that he set up the Broomfield job nonsense when the firefighter training was cancelled.

But the Broomfield job wasn't actually "last minute", he just changed things last minute, according to MG (instead of just him and her returning, he wanted her to pull a crew together, that was the last minute changed she mentioned to LS). This was a return job for a fix that even MG mentioned they were originally scheduled to go back to in April, then it got bumped to May. I guess it's possible he did plan to be at a FF event, then booked the Broomfield job when that was cancelled.

Who knows, it's hard to pin things down when it's all coming from a liar looking to cover his tracks.

Yes, I read that he threatened a boy friend but not that he said he was going to bury him under a tree. Was it really a grown man or a kid? Even the oldest daughter must have been a teenager back then. Either way, he obviously didn't follow through. I think he had a very different motive for killing Suzanne.

I don't know why the PE guys think he buried her under a tree or anywhere near his property. There are so many remote locations he must know about. I don't think she will be found close to home. I think he got rid of the body on Sunday on his way to Denver. Imo

Where is her wedding band/ring?
I’ve seen a diamond in her photos.
A WS poster brought it up earlier.
Did she leave it (conveniently ) at home?
He would have that to deal with it - if he destroyed all beyond a trace.
The reason I ask is because after seeing the hillbilly truck load the word cheap comes to mind. Some perp husbands have been known to pawn ,sell, even keep such.
Maybe he kept it (for the girls) and it will be a fatal mistake.

TIA if this has been cleared up.

MOO

“this is no Tetris!” That was a hilarious comment. On the other side, if BM was so obsessed with the antlers, maybe whatever chemical he used to clean them off tissue should be looked into? (Sorry, I hope I make myself clear as I am not a hunter. I assume when deers shed the antlers, there is some tissue from their heads attached to them, and before the antlers are sold, they have to be cleansed off it? I am interested in what is used in the process as BM apparently was into the business).

Antlers don't need to be chemically cleaned. While they are growing, they are covered in "velvet", but the velvet sheds off before fall. There are a number of youtube videos where you can watch a buck rubbing its head against a tree to help shed off the velvet. The antlers themselves fall off after mating season. You can find them in the woods if you know when to look for them. Here's a link to the stages of white tail deer antler growth: White-tailed Deer: Stages of Antler Development

If you are preserving some/all of the animal skull with antlers attached, you can leave the skull out in the open (can get smelly and attract vultures, crows, flies, etc) or, as my dh does, bury it in the compost pile. It's amazing what nature can do in a short period of time.

May 10, 2021

A year ago today Suzanne Morphew - a beautiful women inside and out - was reported missing. It’s a sad anniversary.

The day which should have been a day to honor Suzanne as a mother became a day when family and friends had to hear she is nowhere to be found.

A monster has cut her life short and made her remains disappear denying her family and friends the possibility to say goodbye and to be able to lay her to rest with dignity.

It’s a long road ahead, but with each day we are one day closer to the punishment of the responsible party. Let’s hope the case against BM is strong and he will get punished for what he did.

Hopefully after trial and conviction the road to healing can begin.
Although a conviction won’t bring Suzanne back, it might help everybody affected find some peace in knowing he did not get away with it.

There is a lot of love coming from a Moorman family towards M & M, maybe one day they will realize this and will reconnect with them in honor of their mother.
I wish everybody affected strength to get through this.

I now also think about BM’s mother and family and feel for them. This must be so difficult and confusing for them too. How can one comprehend something horrible like this was done by the son, brother, uncle they love?

Dear Suzanne, fly high and feel free at last! RIP

IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads