Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #57 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you, but we think differently. BM seems to be quite uncomfortable not in control. When the daughters get home and then just waiting for SM to get back? No end time? Too out of control for him. He would have to call 911 or one of the girls would have had to make the call. I agree the ride alibi could be established without it being found. However, BM seems to be a control maniac and that is just too out of his control.

I agree completely about the wanting to be in control at all times aspect.
Also, the bike was necessary to proof she went out of the house after BM went to Broomfield, hence she was alive when he left Sunday morning.
If there is no bike to proof she went out biking after BM left, although it could still be sold as a story, it could also leave doubt about the veracity of it.
I suspect he was convinced with the help of this “evidence” of the bike ride he as a volunteer FF model citizen would be believed by LE.
We know how that turned out...

ETA: IMO

Last edited:
OK it was posted this past week. Maybe it was deleted like mine was because there was no link.
It was actually posted back in September or October. The VI just hasn't posted much since then. Anyway, it probably was not just the sale of the business, but any equipment, buildings, and property associated with the business that was sold back then.

Good points. Yeah I’m obviously not
“in the know” in BM’s inner circle and not interested in spending oodles more time researching , digging into ALL the possibilities you mention above.
Even though I said I was moving on from the discussion and this isn’t directed at you Diddian, but mostly for levity.
Maybe I’ll ask one of my admins on Monday to check ALL the possibilities on BM’s Purdue educational background. If anyone can find a needle in the haystack, they can. Just kidding, no I’m not going to ask my admins to do so,. Not only would it be inappropriate, they’d probably think I was crazy, plus wouldn’t want them wasting any of their valuable work time researching BM, ha ha.
OK, really moving on from this discussion now lol.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne
Actually it was @NatureLover, verified friend of the Moorman family, that initially posted back in September, that she'd been told he sold the IN landscaping company for a million dollars. I believe that post might have been removed because at the time, she hadn't been verified yet. She does mention it again here CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #39

"I have wondered for many months now if there was more to this case than possible domestic abuse/violence. My reference to the Indy Star article regarding the Medicaid Kickback Scheme included a landscaper who is not BM. My inference is that BM possibly knew this landscaper. This is a huge fraud case with lots and lots of players involved. I have wondered if BM is a small fish in a big, trickle-down pond that maybe also flowed over TN and GD. I really can't imagine any other way that BM would have received a million dollars plus income for a small landscaping business based in Arcadia, Indiana, population 1700."
When exploring some of these things, it's often hard to decide when to stop and when to keep going because it may lead to some material finding. You pull on a loose string, and it begins to unravel and you see a connection to some other part. So you pull that string, and it begins to unravel and another connection is revealed. This happens so many times that eventually you stand back and think, good lord, is there any part of this entire fabric that wasn't woven out of lies, confidence games, and corruption?

I wonder how investigators handle that while they are investigating... keeping resources focused on the primary investigation, while ensuring that leads uncovered that may warrant independent investigation get addressed as well.

I agree completely about the wanting to be in control at all times aspect.
Also, the bike was necessary to proof she went out of the house after BM went to Broomfield, hence she was alive when he left Sunday morning.
If there is no bike to proof she went out biking after BM left, although it could still be sold as a story, it could also leave doubt about the veracity of it.
I suspect he was convinced with the help of this “evidence” of the bike ride he as a volunteer FF model citizen would be believed by LE.
We know how that turned out...

ETA: IMO

I wonder what would have happened if the bike had been found and stolen by someone very soon after BM had left it and then they confessed to having taken it after Suzanne was reported missing.

At this point, I don't trust anything I know about Barry's finances. So many things he apparently told different people. He had to explain the $1 million spent on the Puma house, as they carried no mortgage. But the previous owner could have taken back paper on the house (or Barry used his business to secure that $1M, knowing it was going to be worthless).

So I am not going to be surprised if more financial shenanigans turn up. I don't believe for an instant that he actually sold BLMlandscaping (or any of his other shells) in Indiana for a cool $1M. It's easier to believe he sold the various LLC's he had for a total of $1M - but what the buyers got for that is a mystery. He had just gotten into criminal trouble while on the job...

I look for the feds to file again - on his fraudulent PPA loan.

It is therefore possible that when he sold Puma Path, he really netted far less (and paid off some increasingly unhappy buyers of businesses back in Indiana). So if it's true that he bought a house for someone and paid $400,000, it might have been to protect that last remaining bit of cash - and provide somewhere for his children to live (although putting it in someone else's name is risky - why not put it in the daughters' names?)

As far as we know, nothing is in the daughters' names at this time. Of course, he also had the money from the Indiana house sale (around $700,000 net). Where is that? Maybe that's what the girls will have to live on.

If so, there's no money for a lawyer and my gut feeling is that he knows he's caught and there's no point in spending on a public defender. At the same time, I could be completely wrong and he may just be waiting until the basic preliminaries are over (all lawyers will handle those in pretty much the same way) and maybe he'll spring for a private trial attorney. A private attorney is likely to visit the jail far more often than a PD, and do more hand-holding (but boy, does it cost money - unless some attorney does it for free, to get publicity).

If more charges are filed (say, by the IRS), Barry is looking at layers of jail/prison time, even if he somehow avoids conviction for Suzanne's death.

I wonder what would have happened if the bike had been found and stolen by someone very soon after BM had left it and then they confessed to having taken it after Suzanne was reported missing.
That could have been an epic fail. This is also why it needed to be found very soon. Otherwise BM’s alibi is out of the window and he would become NR1 suspect immediately. Which he became very fast anyway.
The title of a volunteer FF did not impressed LE enough.

If that's all there was to it they could have divorced and split the proceeds. My guess is she found out something possibly from the friend she was talking to in In and it was so egregious that he couldn't risk her telling anyone, maybe something she just couldn't or wouldn't keep quiet about and he knew it would be the end for him.

Hello,
<modsnip>

I hope that Suzanne will be found and is returned home to her family where she may rest in peace - she appears to have been a wonderful person.

I cannot tell you how much I’ve thought about this. He dumps the bike down the embankment around 5am or shortly thereafter on his way to Broomfield, and based on pics posted here, the area the bike was found is near/not too far from a popular hiking trail. How could he be sure no one would find that bike before he wanted it to be found. Anyone that ventured off the hiking trail for whatever reason, to relieve themselves, hunting for treasures etc., a lot of people are known to do that, including my husband lol, when we hike up in the White Mountains.
Anyone not looking for it, could’ve stumbled across the bike laying there, stolen it or reported to LE about finding an abandoned bike (although I find this less likely as most would probably just ignore and not call LE about what appears to be an abandoned bike). Even if he expected the daughters to arrive sooner than they did, the bike would’ve still been laying there a good chunk of the day and no guarantee no one would find and steal it.
If I were BM, I would have been nervous as he!! someone would find the bike before I wanted it to be found. I suppose if it had happened that someone stole it, he’d have found out when he got back to town Sunday night, and I suppose would’ve tried to push the abduction scenario even harder, with the assumption being abductors threw Suzanne AND her bike into their vehicle before taking off.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
Hi
While following this case i found another murder case in Australia.(link below) Reminds me of this case and the family dynamics.

I am astounded at how a person's appearance can change so drastically in such a short space of time. Referring to this convicted murderer in the article, and noticed the drastic change in Barry's appearance - in one year. Living with a guilty conscience is a life sentence in itself.

Ristevski’s unthinkable lie to daughter
''IT NEVER really made sense to Sarah Ristevski.

There was a niggling feeling she couldn't quite place about the way her father acted on the day her mother went missing.

Police were asking questions about Borce Ristevski's whereabouts, about things he said and did on July 29, 2016, after his wife Karen vanished from the couple's Avondale Heights home''

I can’t tell you much I’ve thought about this. He dumps the bike down a ravine around 5am or shortly thereafter on his way to Broomfield, based on pics posted here, the area the bike was found is near/not too far from a popular hiking trail, and he couldn’t be sure no one who possibly ventured off the hiking trail for whatever reason, to relieve themselves, hunting for treasures etc., a lot of nosy people out there, including my husband lol, when we hike the White mountains.
Anyone not looking for it could’ve stumbled across the bike laying there, stolen it or reported to LE about finding an abandoned bike. Even if he expected the daughters to arrive sooner than they did, the bike would’ve been laying there a good chunk of the day and no guarantee no one would find it. If I were BM I’d be nervous as heck someone would’ve found that bike before I wanted it to be found. I suppose if it had happened, he’d have found out when he got back to town Sunday night, and would’ve pushed the abduction scenario even harder, with the assumption being abductors threw Suzanne and her bike in vehicle.

IMHOO
I agree with both of you, brazen move (but desperate most likely).

I've been thinking about the bike too. If BM was as controlling as it seems to me, I bet he hated SM going out on it. That was "her" time, I would imagine. I have a feeling using the bike was a final spiteful gesture, suited the narrative of course but I can imagine him whamming it down that slope.

<modsnip - quoted post removed due to no link>

Great thoughts. I've also considered what happened if the loan forgiveness paperwork arrived and she found it?

Why did JP find paperwork in the hotel room including "something to to with property insurance"? I think this will be part of what we find out.

What would happen if he didn't make sure LE found the bike before dark and it was taken? Then what? She rode off with prince charming, no phone and no money? Nope.

Obviously given his interview after the forgery and ballot fraud warrant he is no rocket surgeon. I believe the only reason he wasn't arrested until May 5, 2021 was because they haven't found her. Also, he has been pretty quiet. I do find that interesting, he doesn't seem to be able to do that well.

I'm also interested to learn what condition the bike was in when found. Remember early on in a MSM interview "Noel says her bike was found that evening, but Morphew was nowhere to be found. Sheriff John Spezze has told CBS4 it was “probably not” animals. Noel urged people to question the sheriff about the condition of the bike"..

I always found that comment interesting... Link to interview.

'We Want Her Back': $200,000 Reward Offered In Search For Suzanne Morphew

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot tell you how much I’ve thought about this. He dumps the bike down a ravine around 5am or shortly thereafter on his way to Broomfield, and based on pics posted here, the area the bike was found is near/not too far from a popular hiking trail. How could he be sure no one would find that bike before he wanted it to be found. Anyone that ventured off the hiking trail for whatever reason, to relieve themselves, hunting for treasures etc., a lot of people are known to do that, including my husband lol, when we hike up in the White Mountains.
Anyone not looking for it could’ve stumbled across the bike laying there, stolen it or reported to LE about finding an abandoned bike. Even if he expected the daughters to arrive sooner than they did, the bike would’ve still been laying there a good chunk of the day and no guarantee no one would find it. If I were BM I would have been nervous as he!! someone would find the bike before I wanted it to be found. I suppose if it had happened that someone stole it, he’d have found out when he got back to town Sunday night, and I suppose would’ve pushed the abduction scenario even harder, with the assumption being abductors threw Suzanne and her bike in vehicle before taking off.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne
Quoting my own post. Or maybe the bike wasn’t laying there all day. Maybe BM took the bike with him to Broomfield, arrived home earlier than 9pm, and planted the bike closer to time he had the neighbor, JR, call LE.
I’m sure LE knows all these details based off phone pings, camera surveillance etc., but it is something I’ve wondered and thought a lot about. The bike, the bike, that darned bike lol.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
Great thoughts. I've also considered what happened if the loan forgiveness paperwork arrived and she found it?

Why did JP find paperwork in the hotel room including "something to to with property insurance"? I think this will be part of what we find out.

What would happen if he didn't make sure LE found the bike before dark and it was taken? Then what? She rode off with prince charming, no phone and no money? Nope.

Obviously given his interview after the forgery and ballot fraud warrant he is no rocket surgeon. I believe the only reason he wasn't arrested until May 5, 2021 was because they haven't found her. Also, he has been pretty quiet. I do find that interesting, he doesn't seem to be able to do that well.

I'm also interested to learn what condition the bike was in when found. Remember early on in a MSM interview "Noel says her bike was found that evening, but Morphew was nowhere to be found. Sheriff John Spezze has told CBS4 it was “probably not” animals. Noel urged people to question the sheriff about the condition of the bike"..

I always found that comment interesting... Link to interview.

'We Want Her Back': $200,000 Reward Offered In Search For Suzanne Morphew
I hope some wild animal defecated on and around the bike as it sat there where it had been placed. And that close examination of that evidence told LE the bike was there at least 24 hours before it was found.

It would tickle me to no end to discover that a doe that might typically find itself in the crosshairs of BM's weapon in this case put him in LE's crosshairs instead.
(And I have no issue with hunters, my father and brothers all being such. But, they'd never hunt humans and they don't pose with or collect trophies.)

Is there anyone that could answer this question.

Would the defense be able to request the judge keep the arrest affidavit sealed? And if so why would the judge agree to this?

I hope the media will be requesting it be released to the public.

Defense files motion to block release of Barry Morphew affidavit | FOX21 News Colorado
CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. — The defense team for Barry Morphew is asking a judge to keep the affidavit related to his arrest for allegedly killing his wife Suzanne sealed for another two weeks.

Barry was arrested on murder charges on May 5 and appeared in court the following day. The judge initially ordered that the affidavit remain sealed until at least May 13, and since then the defense has filed a motion to keep the affidavit closed for an additional two weeks until May 27.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman