Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #58 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the husband aware of Suzanne's plan for the virtual wedding and the build up to it? Was the husband even living at home? The nephew seemed to fumble when asked who lived at home....

Was Suzanne's online conversation interrupted by the presence or arrival of the husband? Did violence cut that messaging short?

Later, when the friend received messaging that was "off", is it possible that the husband needed to duck and cover -- create a sudden alibi? Could he have messaged the friend ON SATURDAY and AS IF SUZANNE that she was going on a bike ride.... (which would feel very "off" to the friend -- that Suzanne would suddenly bail on the wedding plans in favor of a bike ride)... and then the husband tossed the bike, went into town to see and be seen, as an alibi for A SATURDAY BIKE RIDE.

And when it failed to get notice, he pushed it forward to Sunday? Same story, different day? Giving him more time to enhance his story and conceal her body....

How ever it unfolded, the timing of Suzanne's messaging, the content of her messaging, the location of her phone and his should speak loudly for Suzanne....

Just how many dewy cobwebs adorned Suzanne's bike when it was located?

The husband's right -- we don't know the truth.

But we will.

Clear the way for the AA.

JMO
Whew! You’ve got me scratching my head @Megnut I love it, because it makes me think outside the box of what’s been hashed and rehashed in previous posts.

Was the virtual wedding of her dear friend’s child held Saturday (not Sunday as we have heard) which Suzanne had promised to attend virtually? And Inmate Morphew screwed up by having no idea when he pretended to be Suzanne by replying to her friend’s messages.

It was with deliberation and forethought he decided to “witness” her absentee ballot, and commit voter fraud. Inmate Barry is missing a few buttons on his remote control, imho! He’s by no means the sharpest knife in the drawer!

He made monumental mistakes and LE caught most of them. They were on to him from the get go, not to mention the house smelled like bleach according to Andy Moorman’s second hand information.
Confess Barry, come clean, where’s Suzanne!

Supposedly Suzanne would tuck her phone into her top or bra when she went bicycling, so of course the phone will play a role if it never left the house. I believe Suzanne’s bike may have been in the shop, so the “burner bike” had to somehow figure into the alibi. If there was no bicycle for Suzanne to ride, how could she have been abducted during a bike ride? And if he bought the bike, supposedly for parts, which Scot the bike guy might have said was ridiculous and never discussed (it wasn’t as if Barry was fixing the bike), could that go toward premeditation?
When was BM said to have bought an extra bike? Did Scott from the bike shop confirm that she left her bike there? I thought he said she had been there the Thursday before Mother's Day weekend for repairs.

They went from an apparently cold case to a first degree murder charge a year later. What changed?
It was never a cold case. LE released updates every month in the beginning and regularly after that. They just didn't release any details. The DA said investigators worked continuously and are still working on this case.

When was BM said to have bought an extra bike? Did Scott from the bike shop confirm that she left her bike there? I thought he said she had been there the Thursday before Mother's Day weekend for repairs.
I’ll need to go back and find it, but CM of The Interview Room said months ago, BM had bought a bike for “spare parts”. SM had a $5000 Mountain bike. That would be like buying a Volkswagen to use as spare parts on a Rolls Royce, it’s just not done. I’ll look for CM’s reference to the spare bike
EBM to delete double post

I’ll need to go back and find it, but CM of The Interview Room said months ago, BM had bought a bike for “spare parts”. SM had a $5000 Mountain bike. That would be like buying a Volkswagen to use as spare parts on a Rolls Royce, it’s just not done. I’ll look for CM’s reference to the spare bike
EBM to delete double post
Yes, I remember them talking about that but I'm wondering how long before the murder they thought he went there, and what their source was for the information.

Supposedly Suzanne would tuck her phone into her top or bra when she went bicycling, so of course the phone will play a role if it never left the house. I believe Suzanne’s bike may have been in the shop, so the “burner bike” had to somehow figure into the alibi. If there was no bicycle for Suzanne to ride, how could she have been abducted during a bike ride? And if he bought the bike, supposedly for parts, which Scot the bike guy might have said was ridiculous and never discussed (it wasn’t as if Barry was fixing the bike), could that go toward premeditation?

I've never read that she did that. I think there have been myriad questions regarding her phone since the beginning. I know that LE told AM they had not recovered her phone as of September 2020. Where did you find that information?

Many OP have gone back and forth on whether Suzanne would have had her phone with her during a bike ride. My money remains on the likelihood that she would have had her phone on her person. Her girls were out of town and she was a woman who enjoyed riding alone with sketchy at best cell service and Wifi. IMO zero possibility she would find herself without a means of communication particularly now that we know she feared her husband.
it will be interesting to see what the electronic data reveals despite the lack of an service. Barry is not going to get away with this and the Feds are in line for backup. Also IMO

I agree - Suzanne would have a phone while riding, if not for her own sake, then for her family's sake. If she fell and got hurt, sketchy phone service is still better than none.

I don't know how prepared SM was to do her own roadside repairs - like a flat tire. If she carried the tools with her in case of a breakdown where there was no cell service, then presumably the tools should have been with the bike when it was found.

BM was quick to badmouth the early police handling of the scene - it sounded to me like he had staged what he thought was a compelling scene and they disregarded/overlooked his 'clues'.

There was a 'personal item' found, but I don't believe we were ever told what it was. IIRC, the helmet was also missing and BM seemed particularly focused on it. I wonder if he 'seeded' the helmet and it somehow disappeared. I wonder if the 'personal item' could be the bluetooth SM supposedly was wearing in a picture while also wearing that blue helmet.

I've never read that she did that. I think there have been myriad questions regarding her phone since the beginning. I know that LE told AM they had not recovered her phone as of September 2020. Where did you find that information?
Andy said Suzanne usually tucked her phone in her bra when she went biking. He hadn't seen her in two years so that doesn't necessarily mean she still did. Imo

Did the husband show concern that Suzanne may have left for a day of biking with another biker? Since she was "missing" and he was claiming to be unaware of her movements beyond asleep-at-5, did he wonder if she might be napping? Or had fallen? Or had dropped her phone in the washtub and was, sans a useful phone, curled up in chair, with a good book and a wrap? Did he suggest maybe she'd gone for a ride with an acquaintance? Bringing lunch and her bike....

Did he call around to everyone he could think of who might know her whereabouts? Did he inquire about her purse, her keys, her phone? Was anything out of place? Her favorite coffee mug? Clean? Empty? Half full? The remnants of Friday's take-out in the trash? Anything on top of that?

Or did the husband say: check for her car (indicating MISSING was already in his mind -- and not a half dozen other possible explanations) and then check for her bike, straight to we've got to find her bike, you know, at the crime scene?

Whelp.

JMO
Yeah, why didn't he ask the neighbor to check if her CAR was there? Did he ever consider that she went anywhere other than that BIKE RIDE?

Last edited:
Barry delving around in the trash out the front of the café.
What was he looking for?

Or was he setting the view for the shop keeper to see him...looking for his missing wife....or any sign of her...in the trash can??......:confused:

Then leaving a note there saying bike helmet and bike clothes.

He seems to have lacked the cognitive ability to insert Suzanne into his phantom story.

moo

It was a blessing the daughters were running late Sunday.

That gave LE the opportunity to seal the house before the daughters arrived and before BM arrived. When they ultimately conducted their search, LE could see everything that was as it would be expected to be and everything that wasn't and they could take their time about it... really think about what should be and what shouldn't be.

A wife-murderer who later casts his dead wife's ballot while he is under a cloud of suspicion surely made a lot of mistakes when he was in panic mode, trying to make sure he thought of everything with the clock ticking toward that time that he had to be on the road.

I don't think Bar' was the kind of husband that paid close attention to his wife's habits and patterns. At this point, LE probably knows SM better than he ever bothered to, the world revolving around him and all.

Andy said Suzanne usually tucked her phone in her bra when she went biking. He hadn't seen her in two years so that doesn't necessarily mean she still did. Imo

I did go back to find where Andy had said that (it was on a YouTube video, Your Voice, Your Call w/Chris Moore). At the time, there was discussion here about who told Andy that-whether it was Barry, or LE, or if it was something he knew first hand. There are so many reasons why I believe that Suzanne would have taken her phone. Mother’s Day or no, you certainly want to have a phone with you in case your traveling children need to reach you. Heck, your husband is also supposedly on the road. I never ever leave my house without my phone. For safety sake, one would think Suzanne would have a phone on her at all times when she is alone on the roads.

Was the husband aware of Suzanne's plan for the virtual wedding and the build up to it? Was the husband even living at home? The nephew seemed to fumble when asked who lived at home....

Was Suzanne's online conversation interrupted by the presence or arrival of the husband? Did violence cut that messaging short?

Later, when the friend received messaging that was "off", is it possible that the husband needed to duck and cover -- create a sudden alibi? Could he have messaged the friend ON SATURDAY and AS IF SUZANNE that she was going on a bike ride.... (which would feel very "off" to the friend -- that Suzanne would suddenly bail on the wedding plans in favor of a bike ride)... and then the husband tossed the bike, went into town to see and be seen, as an alibi for A SATURDAY BIKE RIDE.

And when it failed to get notice, he pushed it forward to Sunday? Same story, different day? Giving him more time to enhance his story and conceal her body....

How ever it unfolded, the timing of Suzanne's messaging, the content of her messaging, the location of her phone and his should speak loudly for Suzanne....

Just how many dewy cobwebs adorned Suzanne's bike when it was located?

The husband's right -- we don't know the truth.

But we will.

Clear the way for the AA.

JMO

This friend IMO will be one of the keys to this investigation. As I understand, they have been friends since elementary school. This part of the AA will be chilling I believe. MOO

I did go back to find where Andy had said that (it was on a YouTube video, Your Voice, Your Call w/Chris Moore). At the time, there was discussion here about who told Andy that-whether it was Barry, or LE, or if it was something he knew first hand. There are so many reasons why I believe that Suzanne would have taken her phone. Mother’s Day or no, you certainly want to have a phone with you in case your traveling children need to reach you. Heck, your husband is also supposedly on the road. I never ever leave my house without my phone. For safety sake, one would think Suzanne would have a phone on her at all times when she is alone on the roads.
Agreed. This is only helpful however, when your phone has a signal or wifi. We know the cell signal is not good in the area. When I was there i'd have no signal for significant periods of time. Like hours and miles.

Yeah, why didn't he ask the neighbor to check if her CAR was there? Did he ever consider that she went anywhere other than that BIKE RIDE?
He did ask her first to see if the cars were there. She checked, went home and called him back from a landline phone and said they were there. Then he sent her back to check to see if her bike was in the garage. Imo

Many OP have gone back and forth on whether Suzanne would have had her phone with her during a bike ride. My money remains on the likelihood that she would have had her phone on her person. Her girls were out of town and she was a woman who enjoyed riding alone with sketchy at best cell service and Wifi. IMO zero possibility she would find herself without a means of communication particularly now that we know she feared her husband.
it will be interesting to see what the electronic data reveals despite the lack of an service. Barry is not going to get away with this and the Feds are in line for backup. Also IMO
I feel like the vast majority of women, at her awesome age, and being in treatment for cancer remission, and having young daughters who are out of state, and being alone while riding in a semi-remote area, WOULD grab their cell just in case. It is no trouble to take it on a bike ride.

Agreed. This is only helpful however, when your phone has a signal or wifi. We know the cell signal is not good in the area. When I was there i'd have no signal for significant periods of time. Like hours and miles.
True, but even if it is sporadic, there is still a glimmer of hope. What if she got a flat tire and was far from her home. It would be nice to TRY and text her neighbour....better than nothing.

I may be wrong (as I am more often than not), My guess is that an ex-employee may have cooperated with the police which broke open the case. Either MG, Jeff or one of BM ‘hit men’ who threatened MG when meeting her with her paycheck.

True, but even if it is sporadic, there is still a glimmer of hope. What if she got a flat tire and was far from her home. It would be nice to TRY and text her neighbour....better than nothing.
In other words a woman would take her phone especially when alone while daughters were away and could need to reach out to her at any time.
i wonder if he took her phone in an effort to incapacitate her at least before she knew what was happening? To digitally incapacitate her in other words. IMO
Sketchy Wifi and cell service and security cameras not working or disabled? Suzanne’s lifestyle because she was likely not safe yet still watched and observed? She would have taken that damn phone so where is it? It will tell the tale. IMO
ETA I meant to respond to Katydid! Sorry scrolling beneath a flashlight while camping lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmasReal~