Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #58 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think there is anything insidious or related to the crime about BM’s possession of the SBR. I think he just didn’t register it however he obtained it.

I think the gun is related to the crime as the charge specifically states that they have evidence of him owning it on May 9th, and not before. That is the date listed in the charge. Police did not enter his house until the 10th... In other words, it was the weapon used in Suzanne's murder - how else would they have known he had it on the 9th?

IMO, the prosecutor's case all came together when the gun was obtained by LE in March. I think they already had some evidence a gun was used, but it wasn't until they actually possessed the gun that they could link the gun with evidence they had already uncovered.

Obviously, all of this is speculation. But there is a reason May 9th is listed in the charging document.

It bothers me as well. I wonder if this attorney selection could be a major mistake for BM. As things progress these attorneys may realize the evil that has transpired and what or who they are actually representing and ask to be dismissed from the case. I doubt they have gotten the whole story from BM.
But surely they have read/reviewed his arrest affidavit?

I recall the house listing not including pictures of the kitchen or parts of the kitchen and the garage I believe it was. Maybe Barry took something with him from that house.. removed something like the flooring or counter of some type in from the kitchen and they were able to charge him once the house was empty or sold and the new owner had it since it was no longer Barry's property and they could charge him with removing that item(s) to prevent the discovery of a crime. I just keep thinking they did search that house though so what would be not obvious to LE that would also be something Barry felt the need to take or remove from the home before it was sold.
I would imagine that LE tore that house up pretty well looking for evidence. Maybe Barry didn’t want to spend the money to put the house back together before the sale. I imagine other family members wouldn’t want to walk into the house and wonder why parts of the kitchen and flooring were missing-and I’m sure Barry didn’t want to talk about it.

Does anyone think that the charges for attempting to influence a public official could mean just lying to them when or if they asked Barry if he had anything to do with Suzanne’s disappearance?

Because I can’t imagine him approaching 8 people at different times and attempting to influence them. Maybe all 8 and Barry were in the same room at the same time when he said whatever he said?

Can I just say here, as maybe some point of light in all of this - from what has come forth - it did seem that Suzanne was excited and looking forward to living in gorgeous Salida. Even with things going downhill in the marriage - I completely believe that she was sticking with it and trying her best. We have learned what a wonderful and positive person she was. All of this is beyond heart breaking !! But, I for one am going to remember her as living her life in a place pretty close to heaven !! And I bet she did love it there and only wanted things to improve. RIP gorgeous Colorado gal !!!!!!!!
I just can’t share in your vision of the “point of light.” I, for one, wish Suzanne had never seen Salida. Why wasn’t she back where she had lifelong friends, bible study classes, lunches with girlfriends, immediate family close by, where her very best friend in the world was?

My 2 cents, her sister painted a positive picture of SMs time in Salida because it’s the “graceful” thing to say, under the circumstances. Salida has been through a lot in the last year bc of BM. Melinda Moorman has far more grace dealing with tragedy than I have. Tremendous respect goes to the entire Moorman family. SM was “fearful” according to MM, although we don’t know exactly what SM was fearful of, just a day or two before she was murdered.

If you’ve never lived with a controlling, domineering, belittling person like BM, it’s the loneliest of relationships. They make sure on a daily basis that you feel less and less like a worthy person, all the while, they have a smile on their face for the public. Everything you do is wrong. Your cooking, grocery shopping, household financial decisions, housekeeping skills, and how to clean the stinking toilet are ALL wrong! Not to mention finding horrendous flaws in every friendship you have, causing division between you and other family members. No,...No... All the mountains topped with snow in the world, the gorgeous lakes and streams, wildlife and wildflowers could never make up for what life is like 24/7 with a monster who destroys you emotionally & mentally on a daily basis. SM deserved so much more than the person who took her life EVER gave her. He still can’t say her name! One year later, and he still doesn’t say her name. I’ll remember SM as the sweet Christian raised in small town America, loved by everyone who knew her, people who had known her since kindergarten. She was “a rose among thorns”. The home in Indiana suited SM so much more than the fortress- looking house BM chose in CO.
I wished SM had never been to Salida, she might still be alive. My apologies, but I am finding her death is very troubling to me. I see no point of light or positive outcome unless what is learned can save another person in the same circumstances. Just my opinion, My feelings. #JusticeForSuzanne
#PrayForTheDaughters

This whole thing is bizarre to me, ever since they charged him. The minor charges remind me of the whole Casey Anthony fiasco, they did that with her as well.

I haven't commented on the prosecutor yet but I was shaking my head when she showed up to her presser with the Sheriff dressed less than professionally, IMO. Yeah, I know, small town Colorado and all, but still you show up to a news conference that will be televised nationally dressed like that? And it wasn't an impromptu conference it was scheduled.

And now Barry has hired what seems to be a top flight defense team. This could get away from that prosecutor quickly.

Back to the gun, if it was something legal in Indiana and he brought with him when they moved and it happened to be illegal in Colorado, it's a complete smokescreen by the prosecutor to detract from a circumstantial case.

The DA: I have to be honest and say I'm kind of surprised in 2021 we're commenting on the way a woman is dressed. o_O If the DA was Larry instead of Linda, and he showed up in jeans and boots, no one would even care.

The gun: I doubt it was something he brought with him from IN since the charges are very specific about the dates he was in possession of it.

jmo

Does anyone think that the charges for attempting to influence a public official could mean just lying to them when or if they asked Barry if he had anything to do with Suzanne’s disappearance?

Because I can’t imagine him approaching 8 people at different times and attempting to influence them. Maybe all 8 and Barry were in the same room at the same time when he said whatever he said?
That's what I was thinking. He must have been called to a room with them?

Do we know of other cases where a killer has been charged with "attempt to influence a public official" ? After all every murderer and criminal lies during interrogation, or to somebody in an official capacity, about what may have happened to his victim, or whatever fake story.
Watts e.g., was he charged with this?

Yeah thanks, he clearly said "this county". Just before that he said "She's gone. That's why I think she was abducted. If she's gone and I can't find her around the house, then someone has taken her." Yes, he said if he can't find her around the house. So that's kind of like Watts saying "I don't have anything on my hands" and "I didn't just throw them in the truck".

Why can't you find her "around the house" Barry?

Chaffee County announces new charges against Barry Morphew | FOX21 News Colorado
BM forms sentences like a third grader, no disrespect meant to any third grader. BM is a real gem, huh?? Smdh

LS also finds the date of March 4 on the charges interesting because it was the time of Puma Path home sale.

She also points out that these new attorneys were hired on May 17 and the new charges were filed May 18. She does not think they were aware of them.
Starting at 8:39

BM forms sentences like a third grader, no disrespect meant to any third grader. BM is a real gem, huh?? Smdh

Thinking of his words a little more, when he said "if I can't find her around the house" it sounds derogatory, like that's the only place she'd ever be, not interested in anything out of the house, a boring stay at homer. I just think there is something in that phrase or clause or whatever it is.....If I can't find her around the house......what, I'd tan her hide? she'd hear from me? I'd wring her neck?

The DA: I have to be honest and say I'm kind of surprised in 2021 we're commenting on the way a woman is dressed. o_O If the DA was Larry instead of Linda, and he showed up in jeans and boots, no one would even care.

The gun: I doubt it was something he brought with him from IN since the charges are very specific about the dates he was in possession of it.

jmo
Maybe. I'll be interested to see how this case pans out for sure. Right now I am sadly not very confident in the case though.

Thank you !! Such wonderful folks on here !! Just everyone - take care of yourself !! And your loved ones !! Diving into these cases takes a toll. Remember to distance yourself from all of these details - and stay positive and happy !!! Suzanne would want that especially.

I think the gun is related to the crime as the charge specifically states that they have evidence of him owning it on May 9th, and not before. That is the date listed in the charge. Police did not enter his house until the 10th... In other words, it was the weapon used in Suzanne's murder - how else would they have known he had it on the 9th?

IMO, the prosecutor's case all came together when the gun was obtained by LE in March. I think they already had some evidence a gun was used, but it wasn't until they actually possessed the gun that they could link the gun with evidence they had already uncovered.

Obviously, all of this is speculation. But there is a reason May 9th is listed in the charging document.
I missed where the gun was so obtained by LE in March....can you help me find that? Of course this is flying fast...Tia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper