Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #59 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would BM did not dispose of all weapons used in the crime? He could have easily hidden them in a mine shaft or somewhere in the wilderness where they would never have be discovered.

-
Because he is selfish and greedy and most likely has narcissistic tendencies. He only needed to discard of what he deemed incriminating and bleached the rest whether at home or on the road! IMO

I think the reason BM hired attorneys after his first advisements was to save his pennies.
As PD represented him, he did not lose money for their time, which, if he had his own team, he would need to pay.
As we have seen, he collects money, not spending unless inevitable.
I am pleased, finally BM will be broke, a pauper, which goes against his massive, macho ego: insufficient money for goodies in his 'comfortable,forever' cell.
Let us see, happenings, as BM crumbles.
Certainly looking forward to coming events.
Between attorney’s fees and commissary, he’ll empty his bank account in no time.

Confessions to Counsel? Defending the Accused?
I thought it was so strange when Watts confessed to killing his kids, to his public defenders about 2-3 weeks after his arrest. And that they wrote his confession down, and offered to keep preparing for trial with several approaches to get him declared not guilty. I guess I thought they'd have to excuse themselves...
@NuttMegg bbm sbm In that case Watts' confession at police station had already been recorded before he had counsel.* (2 days?) after wife & dau's were reported missing, he led LE to dau's remains in oil tanks and wife's remains in a shallow grave at his place of employment. So, imo, doubtful that Watts' confession of guilt to his counsel came as any surprise. And terribly difficult to develop a defense in the face of his confession plus all the corroborating evd. Self def, insanity, other def arguments would be (nearly) impossibly lame. Rarely are chances of success for a not-guilty verdict virtually nil, but seems Watts was one, hence the guilty plea. I hesitate to comment further about Watts case on Suzanne's thread and possibly cause confusion.
Now speaking to the ethics question generally, & expanding a bit on others posts. In crim cases, the state has to prove the accused is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Defense atty is ethically obligated to require the state to produce such proof, whether or not the attorney believes client is guilty. Judge and/or jury determine guilt. But def atty may not deliberately solicit perjured or other false testimony from def or any other witnesses the defense calls. my2ct.

Last edited:
I think the reason BM hired attorneys after his first advisements was to save his pennies.
As PD represented him, he did not lose money for their time, which, if he had his own team, he would need to pay.
As we have seen, he collects money, not spending unless inevitable.
I am pleased, finally BM will be broke, a pauper, which goes against his massive, macho ego: insufficient money for goodies in his 'comfortable,forever' cell.
Let us see, happenings, as BM crumbles.
Certainly looking forward to coming events.

Not sure all the money is in this country. These trips to Mexico that often have a mundane reason on the surface, say, plastic surgery, allow people to clandestinely deposit assets. And for some reason, these two things are often combined.

I see nothing wrong with piling up the charges on BM. So since he's already been charged with murder, he should get a pass on all his other wrongdoing?

I think we'll be seeing even more charges, fraud and finance-related, for example.

I see nothing wrong with piling up the charges on BM. So since he's already been charged with murder, he should get a pass on all his other wrongdoing?

I think we'll be seeing even more charges, fraud and finance-related, for example.

I completely agree. Justice is justice. It’s time BM learn that rules, laws and ethics do apply to him. That train he has so strategically outrun all of these years has caught up. There is quite a bit of baggage there, buckle up BM, you’re in for a ride. Oh, and you are not in the driver’s seat at all anymore.

Between attorney’s fees and commissary, he’ll empty his bank account in no time.

I wonder if this ADC fund CM was talking about that might pay for BM private criminal defense attorneys since the public defenders office might not be capable enough to take on his complicated case.

Dru Nielsen used to work in the public defenders office. Hmmm

Local public defender 
operates on one-fifth 
of the DA’s budget

Copied from Dru Nielsen online profile page

As a mother of two boys, Dru is particularly passionate about defending boys and men wrongly accused of domestic violence or sexual misconduct in both university disciplinary and criminal proceedings.

Eytan Nielsen | Dru Nielsen

Perhaps he is featuring himself playing the role of the wrongly accused victim at trial.

He probably believes that these two accomplished and attractive attorneys are going to ride in on a white horse, chew up the prosecution's case, spit it out and win him an acquittal. I wonder if he has been able to "tell them what happened" when Suzanne's bike found its way into the ravine without her.

Snipped for focus and BBM and very Off Topic.

Well now, dear @Hair of the Dog, that will doubtless pose one of many serious dilemmas for the accused.

According to the most recent report in the Manly SunTan:

"An attractive thief, adorned in sartorial splendour with an Armani pinstriped suit, cream cravat, and Testoni shoes, valued at $39,000 (he took a 'selfie', sent it to this publication, and we were able to identify the footwear) stole a baby-blue bike and rode off into the sunrise, discarding the accompanying baby-blue helmet, presumably as it would mussure the thief's coiffure.

When set upon by a passing panther, the handsome thief fended it off with the bicycle, whereupon the panther, thwarted and riled, tossed the two-wheeler into the ravine.

According to reliable sources, the thief then walked home.

It is unknown at this time if the well-dressed thief, whom we suspect had an accent, sent the 'selfie' to the Manly SunTan by accident, or design. We are not at liberty to disclose the sex of the thief, to protect the innocent."

I wonder if this ADC fund CM was talking about that might pay for BM private criminal defense attorneys since the public defenders office might not be capable enough to take on his complicated case.

Dru Nielsen used to work in the public defenders office. Hmmm

Local public defender 
operates on one-fifth 
of the DA’s budget

Copied from Dru Nielsen online profile page

As a mother of two boys, Dru is particularly passionate about defending boys and men wrongly accused of domestic violence or sexual misconduct in both university disciplinary and criminal proceedings.

Eytan Nielsen | Dru Nielsen
I have the utmost respect for CM and MK for their years of experience but they aren’t always correct on some details.
I trust @Seattle1 to be more up to speed on things specific to Colorado law. I don’t believe CM is correct about a fund paying for BM’s defense. JMO
See this post:

URL="CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #58 *ARREST*"]CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #58 *ARREST*[/URL]

I agree Stanley has her hands full. The worst parts of this case seem to be circumstantial and LEO seems to be bolstering a weak case by adding the other ancillary charges. If Stanley had a strong case there would be no firearms or influencing public official charges.
BBM - That's the impression I got too.

I thought it was so strange when Watts confessed to killing his kids, to his public defenders about 2-3 weeks after his arrest. And that they wrote his confession down, and offered to keep preparing for trial with several approaches to get him declared not guilty. I guess I thought they'd have to excuse themselves. I was shocked, but what do I know. Learn something new every day.
When CW did the interview from prison he thought it was strange he wanted to plead guilty but his attorneys wanted to go to trial. Money, fame?

@Tiff23fr
I have SS of the court docs but not the link.
Am I able to share here ??

Thanks for seeking clarification @Spartygirl - all screenshots posted in the thread require an accompanying link in the post to the source. This is a general rule to help ensure authenticity, ensure documents are not “leaked” which could impact an investigation, and to stay within compliance of any copyright laws for documents, images, etc.
If you are able to get the link to where the documents can be found by the general public, you can then post the screenshots supported by that link.

Last edited:
I read somewhere Patrick Frazee had the Domestic Violence on his AA. Could it had been an error?
You are correct. And IIRC, the charge was added after the arrest just like with this case. I’m not worried at all about LE not having enough evidence.
Honestly, I think when we finally get to see the AA, we are gonna wonder why the arrest didn’t happen sooner. JMO.

I read somewhere Patrick Frazee had the Domestic Violence on his AA. Could it had been an error?
I never realized Domestic Violence was included in that case. It's probably the murder itself that is considered DV.

It reminds me of "homicide by child abuse," where the child dies due to physical abuse or neglect. It can be a culmination of long term abuse or a single incident. Imo

Last edited:
Not sure all the money is in this country. These trips to Mexico that often have a mundane reason on the surface, say, plastic surgery, allow people to clandestinely deposit assets. And for some reason, these two things are often combined.
It’ll be interesting to see/hear about the forensic accounting on this case. Plastic surgery and veneers are cheaper in Mexico. Plus re plastic surgery, you end up with a few days to heal before being around people from your home base who would notice the remnants of fresh surgery.
I feel sure CBI/FBI have watched with great interest all of the perp’s actions, including financial, for the last year while he was running around claiming the title of “Big Man on Campus” he so missed from his high school days. Single to mingle! Wonder if he signed up on any dating sites? LOL :)
All MOO
EBM

I never realized Domestic Violence was included in that case. It's probably the murder itself that is considered DV.

It's similar to "homicide by child abuse," where the child dies due to physical abuse or neglect. It can be a culmination of long term abuse or a single incident. Imo

Domestic Violence is not treated as an independent crime and applies to intimate partners.

It was not an error and Patrick Frazee charges were also headed with "Domestic Violence."

Domestic violence in Colorado is not treated as an independent crime. Rather, DV is a sentencing enhancement. It increases the punishment for any offense against current or former spouses or dating partners.

Colorado is a mandatory arrest state, which means police must arrest anyone they have probable cause to believe committed domestic violence. It does not matter if the alleged victims recant or wish not to press charges. And while DV charges are pending, defendants will have a protection order taken out against them.

Colorado Domestic Violence Laws - A Defense Lawyer's Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members