Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #59 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've wondered if MG was a go-between for BM and someone else as far as getting messages from someone else so they didn't show on BM's phone and that's why he didn't want her to turn her phone over?
I don't think they were that friendly with each other. MG said she had always respected him at work or that they got along well but I would think they only texted about work related things. Imo

I am struggling to understand two things - firstly, the entire plot, having arrived here pretty late in the piece o_O; and secondly, how can anyone possibly think it a good idea to murder someone, in particular the one person whom they should hold dearest :(?

I am struggling to understand two things - firstly, the entire plot, having arrived here pretty late in the piece o_O; and secondly, how can anyone possibly think it a good idea to murder someone, in particular the one person whom they should hold dearest :(?

I expect that those who have been here on the thread the whole time have the same questions, especially the second one…as we all do on every missing spouse or child case on WS that turns out to be murder. :( I understand your struggle and I think we are fortunate that we can’t fathom any of a murderer’s thinking!

For those of us in the UK, the hearing on Thursday will be at 11 p.m.

Financially, I think BM has been a scammer for a loooonnng time. He seems like the type of guy who would tell his wife, not ask, about any financial decisions. "Sign here, hon. What's for dinner?"

In one of the videos from the Interview Room, there's some background on BM taking over an elderly man's mortgage, then evicting him from the home. Those are not the actions of a straight-shooter.

Last edited:
For those of us in the UK, the hearing on Thursday will be at 9 p.m.

Financially, I think BM has been a scammer for a loooonnng time. He seems like the type of guy who would tell his wife, not ask, about any financial decisions. "Sign here, hon. What's for dinner?"

In one of the videos from the Interview Room, there's some background on BM taking over an elderly man's mortgage, then evicting him from the home. Those are not the actions of a straight-shooter.

I thought it would be 11pm in the U.K.Is it not a 7 hour time difference between Denver and the U.K?

Totally agree about BM being a scammer for a long time. Evicting that old man was despicable and shows his complete lack of any morals.

I thought it would be 11pm in the U.K.Is it not a 7 hour time difference between Denver and the U.K?

Totally agree about BM being a scammer for a long time. Evicting that old man was despicable and shows his complete lack of any morals.

You are correct, Skigh, and I changed my post. Just like the metric system, and driving on the other side of the road I will never learn time differences. :eek:

I am thinking that SM was resistant and protective of her inheritance assets....for the benefit of her daughters.. I think Barry considered joint, therefore his to decide what to do with, as was the case with everything else. Her dad was still alive, but in poor health. I think she anticipated his death, and settling his estate would have been next on her list of things to do. Barry had his eye on that as well...but their interests were different....and a point of contention and likely friction. Wouldn't be surprised if Barry was already dictating to her how her inheritance from dad was going to be used. If she had thoughts of divorce...this would be particularly volatile.

yes, but $1 million is quite common imo, for certain charges, and would not be considered excessive. Now a $50 million bond, for example, I personally think would be excessive as I don’t believe I’ve seen a murder charge with anything near that. I was just pointing out that if it was so high that not even a bondsman could sign for it, it would likely mean the bond is especially high and thus considered excessive in terms of the 8th amendment. While a defendant can use their own money without needing a bondsman, it doesn’t negate the fact that at some point the bail can reach the bar that would constitute “excessive”. I only pointed out the use of a bondsman because the poster I was replying to brought that up.

I would be slightly surprised if any m1 charge of this nature was given less than a $1 million bond (if at all). One of my other cases I’m following has the suspect held on a $5 million bond. Excessive is not at a set amount but I think certain numbers can start heading into that category.

You made me look! Very interesting per google search who and what amounts were for the top 11.

11 Highest Bail Amounts in US History | Bail Agent Network

Real estate heir Robert Durst received the highest bail ever in the United States at $3,000,000,000. In 2003 he was charged with the murder of his wife and given a $1 billion dollar bail, which he posted. Durst skipped on his bail and was then rearrested and given new criminal charges of tampering with evidence. As a result, the judge set bail at $3 Billion. :eek:

Who is the old man that BM evicted? Who/where is the source of this information?

And you marked it for me - thank you.

I don't have enough interest in CM's claim to search further, but am curious if there's an public record supporting the claim BM took over the mortgage, then evicted the man. IMO

I wonder if it is even true ... the guy he is speaking with, stepbrother Thomas Owen, shakes his head (but doesn't get a chance to respond) when that is mentioned. Yet, he nods his head to the things he does agree with. Body language.

If he was looking for a receipt, I hope he found it. And then in a moment of dumbdipity used it to write out his incredibly detailed BAMUS, which lists the only items likely to be found and nothing about the wife who EVERYONE ELSE was searching for. Makes me think he didn't really want her found.

What was on the other side of that crumpled list?????

But anyway, did he find what he was looking for?

How'd he break away from the search party anyway?

(Was this the same day as the swan backdive on the mesa?)

Weird, weird behavior.

JMO

I believe it. I don't think CM pulled that out of nowhere. Without knowing what LLCs or whatever business names BM was using for property in Indiana at the time, it would be difficult to verify. But I don't think CM made it up.

I believe it. I don't think CM pulled that out of nowhere. Without knowing what LLCs or whatever business names BM was using for property in Indiana at the time, it would be difficult to verify. But I don't think CM made it up.

No, I am not suggesting he made it up ... but it may be an unfounded rumour that he has heard. Or a misunderstanding about a situation. I wish that Thomas Owen had a chance to say whatever it was that was making him shake his head.

Not defending BM ... just reading the body language.

Do you know what info is needed to log in to the hearing?
At this time, it does not appear that Judge Murphy of Chaffee County is restricting public access to his virtual court hearings. At this time, his instructions do not call for a special passcode to enter.

Judge Murphy Virtual Courtroom
Join meeting in my Webex Personal Room

Meeting number (access code): 923 959 179

View attachment 298294

Join by phone
Tap to call in from a mobile device (attendees only)
+1-415-655-0001 US Toll
+1-720-650-7664 United States Toll (Denver)
Access code: 923 959 179 # #
Global call-in numbers

Join from a video conferencing system or application
Dial 173.243.2.68 and enter your meeting number.
If you are the host, you can also enter your host PIN in your video conferencing system or application to start the meeting.

Need help? Go to http://help.webex.com

Colorado Judicial Branch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members