Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #62 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is why I am not so sure SM was offed on Saturday evening. BM has already proven he can pose as his wife... he did it on Facebook...and voted for her. The back and forth texting with the friend on Saturday is key. Were the texts brief during the day or lengthy and detailed before they stopped? If brief, Barry could easily have been posing as SM while developing his alibi timeline. If SM was already deceased when the texts started coming in...BM could have been surprised, then started responding to them to buy himself some time. So it depends on what the content of the texting was. I am sure those texts were reviewed...IOW, as I mentioned before...the deed could have been done Saturday am before BM went to the worksite. That would still fit the DA's timeline of "Saturday". I realize it is likely Saturday evening, but I still have my doubts that BM bought the chlorine before offing his wife. I think buying it was a reactionary move...not a planned one. Time will tell.
I think it's possible, but unlikely that Barry could have impersonated Suzanne in a lengthy conversation about the friend's daughter's upcoming wedding. Suzanne was supposed to take some part in the wedding, and I'm not sure he would have been familiar enough with the details to pull it off.

Also, the conversation was said to have taken place throughout the day. At first it was between 3:00 pm and 9:00 pm, and then was reported as earlier until AM finally said it ended abruptly around noon. Whatever the case, it would have been difficult for Barry to maintain such a conversation while he was at the jobsite or running around town. Imo

The length of the AA bothers me a bit. An experienced legal team would not include excessive information, which in this case appeared to have irritated the judge.
(1) I speculate that the judge's statements in the order to seal say more about him than the contents of the AA. In other words, he used any possible reason he could find to get around Rule 55.1, presumably for the reasons stated....protect the girls, etc., instead of using any reason he could find to redact and release, as required by the "presumptive right of the public to inspect it" he was tasked with.

(2) Why has the Media Consortium's Response, released Thursday a week ago, not made it to the case docket?

(3) Being miffed about content in the AA not being presentable as evidence (how could it be long pages of phone records, for instance, which would surely be evidentiary?) has a clear remedy: redaction. But then the defense would be impeded in its "investigation"! - an entirely specious point under the law, as that is the prosecution's burden.

Pondering all the above & more as we wait for action in August.
JMHO

this is why I am not so sure SM was offed on Saturday evening. BM has already proven he can pose as his wife... he did it on Facebook...and voted for her. The back and forth texting with the friend on Saturday is key. Were the texts brief during the day or lengthy and detailed before they stopped? If brief, Barry could easily have been posing as SM while developing his alibi timeline. If SM was already deceased when the texts started coming in...BM could have been surprised, then started responding to them to buy himself some time. So it depends on what the content of the texting was. I am sure those texts were reviewed...IOW, as I mentioned before...the deed could have been done Saturday am before BM went to the worksite. That would still fit the DA's timeline of "Saturday". I realize it is likely Saturday evening, but I still have my doubts that BM bought the chlorine before offing his wife. I think buying it was a reactionary move...not a planned one. Time will tell.
The investigators have based their “theory” of what happened to SM, and when and where on the evidence they have collected. It’s an ongoing investigation, so the timeline could still shift based on new evidence, but I have a feeling the totality of their evidence is really solid and that leads to their theory. I’m anxious to see if LE has listed their presumptive idea of how & approximately where BM disposed of SM’s remains. Being patient is hard at times! Hey, Barry, are your plastic shoes causing blisters? Probably nah, ‘cause you’re sitting in one spot inside a concrete cage! Where’s your darling wife’s body? What a complete ***. MOO

So in order for the dates of “between May 9 and May 10” to be on that document, I wonder what evidence the state has for May 10?

They just have some gps data and hopefully video of BM driving around Saturday night into Sunday AM. If AM’s comments about no coolers being at the home, I wonder if we’ll see video of BM driving around with a cooler(s) in his truck Saturday night, then that cooler is gone of video of him driving to Broomfield that morning. MOO.
I always thought Friday was a strong possibility, with Barry impersonating Suzanne on Saturday. I never thought that Barry was the brightest bulb in the tanning bed, but I figured he might be able to scroll through Suzanne’s texts and messages and get a feel for her writing style. Some people are short and sweet in their communications, with lots of emojis and “kk”. If “Suzanne” said she was driving or biking while communicating, the recipient might expect simple responses. Heck some people have pre-set responses that state they are driving/exercising etc, that you just hit to answer.
The big BUT-the arrest warrant says May 9/10. If Friday was an even remote possibility, the date would have been in there. So forget Friday. There has to be solid proof that Suzanne was alive up to midnight. Not a simple text or message. More.
And btw I give Andy a pass on every thing he has said. He tried his darndest to find his sister, bring awareness to what happened and rally the helpers, remember every kernel of detail that people related to him. I’m sure he passed on rumors, but never stated them as fact. He just said them aloud. Grains of salt with his words, it will all sort itself out. Thanks Andy for being a good brother.

(1) I speculate that the judge's statements in the order to seal say more about him than the contents of the AA. In other words, he used any possible reason he could find to get around Rule 55.1, presumably for the reasons stated....protect the girls, etc., instead of using any reason he could find to redact and release, as required by the "presumptive right of the public to inspect it" he was tasked with.

(2) Why has the Media Consortium's Response, released Thursday a week ago, not made it to the case docket?

(3) Being miffed about content in the AA not being presentable as evidence (how could it be long pages of phone records, for instance, which would surely be evidentiary?) has a clear remedy: redaction. But then the defense would be impeded in its "investigation"! - an entirely specious point under the law, as that is the prosecution's burden.

Pondering all the above & more as we wait for action in August.
JMHO
Enough information in AA to arrest and move forward.
Suzanne Morphew is the victim, and the press is her friend.

I followed that case as well and it seemed to take forever for an arrest and then for details to be released. The entire time with this case, I've compared it in my mind to the Berreth case. Law enforcement's timely process seems very similar.
I followed the Frazee case also, but in my mind there are no similarities other than no body was ever found. Frazee was arrested barely a month after Kelsey went missing, LE had an informant in the Frazee case who was to put it bluntly Frazee's "bootie call" and Frazee's lawyer didn't launch much of a defense...so for me the only other similarity so far was in Frazee's case no motive was ever alluded to and we don't know yet if the prosecution, in this case, is going to allude to a motive. I have no doubt that Barry's lawyers will launch a vigorous defense.

I always thought Friday was a strong possibility, with Barry impersonating Suzanne on Saturday. I never thought that Barry was the brightest bulb in the tanning bed, but I figured he might be able to scroll through Suzanne’s texts and messages and get a feel for her writing style. Some people are short and sweet in their communications, with lots of emojis and “kk”. If “Suzanne” said she was driving or biking while communicating, the recipient might expect simple responses. Heck some people have pre-set responses that state they are driving/exercising etc, that you just hit to answer.
The big BUT-the arrest warrant says May 9/10. If Friday was an even remote possibility, the date would have been in there. So forget Friday. There has to be solid proof that Suzanne was alive up to midnight. Not a simple text or message. More.
And btw I give Andy a pass on every thing he has said. He tried his darndest to find his sister, bring awareness to what happened and rally the helpers, remember every kernel of detail that people related to him. I’m sure he passed on rumors, but never stated them as fact. He just said them aloud. Grains of salt with his words, it will all sort itself out. Thanks Andy for being a good brother.
BBM We should all be so lucky to have a brother like AM. The family has earned my utmost respect. Nothing but prayers for them. MOO

Andy first heard of SM's disappearance on Mothers Day, from his 87 year old father. He immediately booked a flight to Colorado and began his search. His assessment was preliminary, of course. Not only did he project a 3.5 hour window...but he also did not immediately point the finger at BM. That sort of developed over the 6 days he was in Colorado...ending with the statement on his way home "I don't believe (Suzanne) ever got on that bicycle. That tells you all you need to know".

I didn't see it mentioned in this thread, but another missing Colorado women's Ex has been arrested without her remains being located. I am so glad that there will be some justice in Jepsy's case.

Article on arrest here:
Husband of missing Colorado woman is charged with murder

websleuths thread here:

CO - CO - Jepsy Amaga Kallungi, 26, Colorado Springs, 21 March 2019 *arrest*

Interesting, isn't it, that the AA in Jepsy's case was released so quickly.

Really, really has me wondering what is in Barry's AA. Because all murders are awful, right? What makes this one special?

This is certainly something that law enforcement would have considered, as killers pose as their victims all the time (CBI in particular has recent experience with this in the Berreth case).

According to Andy, this particular conversation had to do with the wedding that was to occur on Sunday. I struggle to comprehend a scenario where Barry is able to impersonate his wife for any length of time, but especially a conversation like that.

Part of me hopes he did, as those communications are sure to be hilarious.

I’m sure Barry can carry a conversation concerning things he knows about (hunting, landscaping, grilling peanut butter), but he ain’t Martin Short’s wedding planner character in “Father of the Bride.”

I hope the conversation turned to women’s fashion.

Andy first heard of SM's disappearance on Mothers Day, from his 87 year old father. He immediately booked a flight to Colorado and began his search. His assessment was preliminary, of course. Not only did he project a 3.5 hour window...but he also did not immediately point the finger at BM. That sort of developed over the 6 days he was in Colorado...ending with the statement on his way home "I don't believe (Suzanne) ever got on that bicycle. That tells you all you need to know".
RBBM
Yes, by the time he left Colorado last fall after his big search, Andy knew the deal and his statement above is a perfect way to sum it up. The bike ride is the crux of the case and most people including Andy believe Suzanne never got on any bike on Mother’s Day 2020, because dead people can’t ride bikes.
Further, I believe LE/DA has enough evidence to prove Suzanne wasn’t alive on MD 2020/bike ride never happened.

To jump off the rest of your post, remember too that Andy had been interviewed by CBI in Indiana before he went out to Colorado for his big search in late September and told CBI at that time that he thought BM was fully cooperating with LE, that BM had told him he took a Polygraph and Voice Stress Analysis test. Per Andy, CBI informed him that no, BM is not cooperating, that he refused twice to take those tests, and that his truck EVI didn’t line up with his statements/timeline he gave to LE. AM knew right then that BM had lied to him about having taken those tests. and learning the EVI not lining up had to have also caused AM concern/red flag. So after his visit/interview with CBI, I think Andy already had suspicions about BM before going to CO for his big search. Then over the week while there, things became clearer and clearer to AM until he could no longer believe his BIL innocence.

Then of course, BM is on record stating in one of his interviews with LS upon query of why he didn’t take the tests, stated that he was never asked by LE to take any tests, which is absolutely laughable as he most definitely would’ve been asked to take them per LE SOP (standard operating procedure) being he’s the Spouse and admitted last person to see SM before she vanished.
So he tells AM he took tests he never took and was cleared, then tells LS he was never asked by LE to take any tests. Just more lies and inconsistencies to add on to the pile. If most of us can see it, I imagine Andy and the family weren’t oblivious to all the lies, inconsistencies, and BM’s inaction and unconcern for his beautiful “missing” wife. Smdh.

Yes I believe Andy’s statement that CBI told him about the tests and BM EVI not matching up. I also think he is a good brother and did everything he could/gave it his all to find his Little Sister and imo, deserves to be commended for his valiant efforts.
Can’t say the same for BM for all his NON efforts.
IMO, BM is right where he belongs and deserves to be for eternity.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
IIRC, all we know about the friend-texting is that it stopped abruptly and that the friend became alarmed.
Indeed....I guess one supposition for me is that this wedding planning has been going on for a while...and if its winding down to the end...maybe not alot of substance needed at this stage...so BM could impersonate SM with a few simple responses...who knows? Either SM stopped responding because she couldn't...or BM decided his timeline tracks were covered and stopped the texting. One or the other is true.

Here's a thought about the wedding.

We know this was a small Zoom type event.

What if Suzanne was supposed to do a reading?
Her failure to appear would be a big deal in general, but if she was to be an active participant, then her absence would have been even more conspicuous.

I mean, wouldn’t you also expect there to have been communication that morning? I know I would think that there would have been some texts back and forth to see how things were going, considering how close these women supposedly were.

So I think alarm bells may have been going off even prior to the proceedings, which may have also factored in to law enforcement’s response here.

Her failure to appear would be a big deal in general, but if she was to be an active participant, then her absence would have been even more conspicuous.

I mean, wouldn’t you also expect there to have been communication that morning? I know I would think that there would have been some texts back and forth to see how things were going, considering how close these women supposedly were.

So I think alarm bells may have been going off even prior to the proceedings, which may have also factored in to law enforcement’s response here.
At the very least, I would expect a quick check-in, reading or not.

Mod Reminder Falls at Random:

Links are required to be included in posts making statements of fact. If no link is included, the post along with those that quoted the post will be removed.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member