Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #77 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Do you feel BM will go to trial?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you think that needle cap got into the dryer. If I am understanding correctly, this is a clear sheath that is over the needle that covers a hole on the side. Once the needle pierces its target, the cap is pushed back further onto the back of the needle allowing the pressure to push the drug through. My thoughts are why would that even be separated from the entire dart at all? Once you pull out the dart, why take the sheath cap off? Does anyone have insight or am I not even correct about what this item is? thank you

On the first day the first agent read through texts between SO and SM. That may be it? Unless she has some information from after-the-fact.

My guess would be today focuses on the cover-up. How BM reacted to the interviews, what LE found in the hotel room, any information from the wires SM's friends wore to talk to BM later on. Perhaps the influencing an officer charges.
@Alethea What is your gut feeling about moving forward to trail at this time?

On the first day the first agent read through texts between SO and SM. That may be it? Unless she has some information from after-the-fact.

My guess would be today focuses on the cover-up. How BM reacted to the interviews, what LE found in the hotel room, any information from the wires SM's friends wore to talk to BM later on. Perhaps the influencing an officer charges.
Can I ask? Do the prosecution need to provide evidence to support why they think SM is dead and how BM killed her at the PH or not? TIA!

Another thing which seems like a discrepancy: if Barry knew that they needed an extra worker by 11am, why didn't he order and pay for a 3rd room? There only seems to be talk of one bed in 225. Which appeared slept in.

Where was JP meant to be staying?

Because BM is not psychic and should not have any foreknowledge that he would be called away at 5:15pm because his wife had gone missing and therefore would not be occupying the room anymore.

ETA: I suppose the rooms could have more than one bed but it would be interesting to find out for sure since we now know the numbers of the rooms involved.

Last edited:
I haven't heard anything yet IMO that would warrant the sealed AA for the Morphew daughters.

The AA in the Frazee/Berreth case was one of the most explosive and gruesome ever and it wasn't sealed. IDK maybe we'll find out today?
Glad I'm not alone. I just can't imagine what that could be.

@Alethea What is your gut feeling about moving forward to trail at this time?

I think there's absolutely enough evidence to move forward. I think the state has established probable cause. It will be up to the jury to decide if they've eliminated all reasonable doubt. I think at trial it will come down to the jury selection.

Given what we've seen right now you do have to make some assumptions to get to Barry beyond a reasonable doubt - you have to be able to eliminate the aliens, mountain lions, antlerless deer, and secret lovers as unreasonable options. I think jurors will be able to do it but there's always a risk of someone who won't do the work themselves and wants the state to put on a CSI style presentation. But just based on what we've seen so far, there isn't much time for another person to come in. Barry was home all night Saturday night which would have been the opportunity for an intruder based on the state's timeline.

Two questions in my mind, open to ideas: First, didn't Agent Grusing ask Barry something to the affect...did he think it was possible that something happened to Suzanne on Saturday? If I saw that (correct me if I didn't), then how is it that Barry saw Suzanne sleeping at 5:am on Sunday...(i.e. saw a lump in the covers but could see her breathing)? The other question is the 3rd worker in Broomfield that has been mentioned...CC. Do we know for a fact that the CC in question is a male?

Can I ask? Do the prosecution need to provide evidence to support why they think SM is dead and how BM killed her at the PH or not? TIA!

They just need to establish probable cause that the victim is dead and the defendant is responsible. I think SM going completely silent after that Saturday shows probable cause that she's likely deceased and the fact that Barry was with her when she last communicated with everyone (and then went on a cover-up spree) can show probable cause that he is responsible.

Again, whether the jury believes the evidence is there beyond any reasonable doubt is a different question. But for probable cause I think it is enough.

I think there's absolutely enough evidence to move forward. I think the state has established probable cause. It will be up to the jury to decide if they've eliminated all reasonable doubt. I think at trial it will come down to the jury selection.

Given what we've seen right now you do have to make some assumptions to get to Barry beyond a reasonable doubt - you have to be able to eliminate the aliens, mountain lions, antlerless deer, and secret lovers as unreasonable options. I think jurors will be able to do it but there's always a risk of someone who won't do the work themselves and wants the state to put on a CSI style presentation. But just based on what we've seen so far, there isn't much time for another person to come in. Barry was home all night Saturday night which would have been the opportunity for an intruder based on the state's timeline.
Thanks for the insight, ITA.

Really looking forward to what we'll hear today.

Been thinking about Grushing and BM and that comment in the back of the car. And BM offering to open his life, or however he worded it.

I wonder if BM thought he had actually bribed Grushing? BM thought it was a done deal?

How do you think that needle cap got into the dryer. If I am understanding correctly, this is a clear sheath that is over the needle that covers a hole on the side. Once the needle pierces its target, the cap is pushed back further onto the back of the needle allowing the pressure to push the drug through. My thoughts are why would that even be separated from the entire dart at all? Once you pull out the dart, why take the sheath cap off? Does anyone have insight or am I not even correct about what this item is? thank you
I still think he shot her with the dart while sunbathing. He could have washed the clothes he was wearing, the swimsuit she was wearing and the brown towel she was laying on that hasn't been found. He had plenty of time to do all that and put the swimsuit back in the basket where he knew she kept them. I also don't believe for one min that he didn't find out about the affair until Law Enforcement told him. Of course he's going to play clueless about something that was a motive to kill her.

They just need to establish probable cause that the victim is dead and the defendant is responsible. I think SM going completely silent after that Saturday shows probable cause that she's likely deceased and the fact that Barry was with her when she last communicated with everyone (and then went on a cover-up spree) can show probable cause that he is responsible.

Again, whether the jury believes the evidence is there beyond any reasonable doubt is a different question. But for probable cause I think it is enough.
thank you ! do you think the defence will ask for bail?

Really looking forward to what we'll hear today.

Been thinking about Grushing and BM and that comment in the back of the car. And BM offering to open his life, or however he worded it.

I wonder if BM thought he had actually bribed Grushing? BM thought it was a done deal?
I can feel the tension between Grusing and BM just reading this. BM really believed he had a 'friend' in Grusing IMO.

@LaurenScharfTV
Agent Grusing and #BarryMorphew are just staring at each other as the state talks between themselves to figure out any more questions for Agent Grusing.

6:20 PM · Aug 23, 2021

This is what I think was found in the dryer: a cap to the syringe used to fill the dart. Of course it could be clear or another color. Some are smaller than this one. The needle tip on the dart has a cap also but it stays on the dart when the dart is fired. JMO & speculation.

Image source: a needle or syringe with an orange cap

Attachments

• 1230262-a-needle-or-syringe-with-an-orange-cap.jpg
    1230262-a-needle-or-syringe-with-an-orange-cap.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 43
Another thing which seems like a discrepancy: if Barry knew that they needed an extra worker by 11am, why didn't he order and pay for a 3rd room? There only seems to be talk of one bed in 225. Which appeared slept in.

Where was JP meant to be staying?

Because BM is not psychic and should not have any foreknowledge that he would be called away at 5:15pm because his wife had gone missing and therefore would not be occupying the room anymore.

ETA: I suppose the rooms could have more than one bed but it would be interesting to find out for sure since we now know the numbers of the rooms involved.
Wasn't the extra worker JP?
I can feel the tension between Grusing and BM just reading this. BM really believed he had a 'friend' in Grusing IMO.

@LaurenScharfTV
Agent Grusing and #BarryMorphew are just staring at each other as the state talks between themselves to figure out any more questions for Agent Grusing.

6:20 PM · Aug 23, 2021
got me thinking about GD and TN as potential witnesses...what kind of facial communication that might create?

Have gotten onboard today with the speculation Barry has known since before they left Indiana about JL.

That's why he packed her up and moved her far far away into isolation.

Marriage is for life....afterall.

He doesn't have the mental scope to be bothered by her emotional connection to JL. Just the physical one.

She pulled it off sneaking away to see JL all but one time.
BM arrived in Florida unannounced.
She didn't get caught though I don't think...was close call!

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member