CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 , MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sep
CHAFFEE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE

Salida, Colorado

With the private search by Andrew Moorman concluding on September 29, 2020, the Suzanne Morphew Missing Person Investigative Task Force, consisting of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI), 11th Judicial District Attorney’s Office and the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office provides a recap of the search for Suzanne over the last several days, and since she went missing on May 10, 2020.

As reported previously, the law enforcement team responded to collect several pieces of possible evidence found by the searchers across the county, and will continue to follow-up to determine if there is any connection to Suzanne’s disappearance.

Also this week, members of the law enforcement task force responded to the report of human remains trained dogs “alerting” on three separate properties in Chaffee County. To clarify, none of these properties are owned by members of the Morphew family. One of the locations investigated by the task force was along the Arkansas River in the county. The dog handler used on that private property was interviewed by our team and explained that the dogs did not “alert” to anything on the property but did show interest. Our law enforcement team obtained consent from the property owner, and after further investigation, including working with the private human remains dogs on the property, it was determined this was not a viable lead in this case.

A second property near the Morphew home was also investigated after the same dog team alerted to an area on that private property. Our investigation team, immediately upon being notified, secured the scene and provided around the clock security until investigators from the Chaffee County Sheriff’s office, FBI and CBI arrived. This location of interest on the private property, with the consent of the property owner, was investigated extensively by members of the task force, and found to have no evidentiary significance to the case.

A third location was also identified in unincorporated Chaffee County near Salida on private property where a different pair of human remains dogs alerted. Also, once alerted, our team responded immediately and secured the property providing security around the clock. This morning our team, along with the FBI and CBI, and with consent of the property owner, excavated this location and once again, nothing of evidentiary value to the Suzanne Morphew case was located.

The Suzanne Morphew Missing Person Investigative Task Force remains dedicated to determining what happened to Suzanne. “The level of commitment from the entire team from the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, CBI and FBI investigators is unprecedented and unparalleled,” said Sheriff John Spezze. “While the public may not see all of the effort being put forth in this case, I can assure the community that this investigation continues to move forward.”

The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office is dedicated to assigning financial and staffing resources to this case, as leads continue to be extensively followed up on by investigators. “The investigative task force remains resolved in their commitment to finding Suzanne, and our hearts go out to her family and friends,” said Sheriff Spezze.

Anyone with information that could assist law enforcement in locating Suzanne Morphew is encouraged to call 719-312-7530.

Suzanne Morphew missing person Investigative Task Force Recap since May 10:

• 1,123 Total tips called to the designated tip line (includes hang-ups and duplicates).
  • 180 Interviews conducted in Colorado, Indiana and other locations. This number does not take into account the hundreds of other contacts made between investigators and individuals as part of this case since May.
  • 130+ Searches conducted (including warrants, which remained sealed at this time)
  • 4,000+ Hours spent by Task Force investigators on the case.

Last edited:
Volunteer search for Suzanne Morphew concludes: Sheriff says “this investigation continues to move forward” | FOX21 News Colorado
by: Lauren Scharf

Posted: Sep 29, 2020 / 05:38 PM MDT / Updated: Sep 29, 2020 / 05:38 PM MDT
SUZANNE-AND-SHERIFF-SYMBOL.jpg

CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. — Over the past several days, the brother of a missing woman, Suzanne Morphew has searched thousands of miles for his sister. The private search led by Andrew Moorman with hundreds of volunteers concluded Tuesday.
Snipped

Volunteer search for Suzanne Morphew concludes: Sheriff says “this investigation continues to move forward” | FOX21 News Colorado

Sept 29, 2020

As reported previously, the law enforcement team responded to collect several pieces of possible evidence found by the searchers across the county from September 24-29, and Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze said they will continue to follow-up to determine if there is any connection to Suzanne’s disappearance.

Also this week, members of the law enforcement task force responded to the report of human remains trained dogs “alerting” on three separate properties in Chaffee County. To clarify, none of these properties are owned by members of the Morphew family.

One of the locations investigated by the task force was along the Arkansas River in the county. The dog handler used on that private property was interviewed by the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office and explained that the dogs did not “alert” to anything on the property but did show interest. Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office said their team obtained consent from the property owner, and after further investigation, including working with the private human remains dogs on the property, it was determined this was not a viable lead in this case.

Chaffee County sheriff: No new leads following searches of 3 properties | FOX31 Denver

Posted: Sep 29, 2020 / 05:44 PM MDT

CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. (KDVR) — After searches were conducted at three separate properties, the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office said Tuesday evening that none led to viable leads in the search for Suzanne Morphew.

Morphew has been missing since May 10.

In the Tuesday update, the sheriff’s office said members of the law enforcement task force searching for Morphew responded to the report of human-remains-trained dogs “alerting” on the three properties.

“To clarify, none of these properties are owned by members of the Morphew family. One of the locations investigated by the task force was along the Arkansas River in the county. The dog handler used on that private property was interviewed by our team and explained that the dogs did not ‘alert’ to anything on the property but did show interest,” the sheriff’s office said in a statement.

At all three locations, authorities received permission to search the properties from their owners. However, after excavation, no significant evidence related to the Morphew case was found.

“The level of commitment from the entire team from the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, CBI and FBI investigators is unprecedented and unparalleled,” said Sheriff John Spezze in the statement. “While the public may not see all of the effort being put forth in this case, I can assure the community that this investigation continues to move forward.”

The Suzanne Morphew Missing Person Investigative Task Force includes local, state and federal authorities. Since May 10, it has received 1,123 tips and conducted 180 interviews. Investigators have spent a combined 4,000 hours on the case, according to the sheriff’s office.

“The investigative task force remains resolved in their commitment to finding Suzanne, and our hearts go out to her family and friends,” said Spezze.

~snip

Few answers in latest search for Suzanne Morphew - KRDO

Sept 29, 20

The private search effort organized by Morphew’s brother, Andrew Moorman, ended on Tuesday.

“I guess I’m a little melancholy today because I didn’t find my sister," Moorman said.

Suzanne's husband Barry claims his wife went for a bike ride on Mother's Day and never came back.

“I don’t think my little sister ever got on a bicycle and that tells you everything you need to know,” Moorman said.

Contrary to speculation, none of the properties searched in the last few days belong to any members of the Morphew family.

The sheriff’s office says dogs first alerted to an area along the Arkansas River.

“After further investigation, including working with the private human remains dogs on the property, it was determined this was not a viable lead in this case,” Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze said in a press release.

Then, dogs alerted to private property near the Morphew home. Dogs alerted to a third location in unincorporated Chaffee County. Neither turned up anything worth pursuing, according to the sheriff.

“That’s my biggest fear if you want the truth of the matter — that there wasn’t a single damn witness to this crime," Moorman said.

Law enforcement is working to determine if several pieces of possible evidence found in this search effort are related to Morphew's disappearance. Moorman is now heading home to Indiana.

“I’m gonna go home, I miss my family and I’m tired," Moorman said.

The future of the investigation is up to the Chaffee County Sheriff's Office, CBI, FBI, and Coloradans.

Volunteer search for Suzanne Morphew comes to an end, no evidence found in connection to case

CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. — The volunteer search for Suzanne Morphew, who was reported missing May 10, has ended and despite hundreds of volunteers lending their resources and time, the teams didn't uncover any evidence related to the case, according to Chaffee County authorities.

Hundreds of volunteers from around Colorado and beyond showed up to help with the search, which began on Sept. 24. The search was organized by Morphew's brother, Andrew Moorman, who traveled from Indiana to spearhead the effort. He said he believes his sister was murdered.
snipped
more at link

In the interview, Moorman revealed for the first time that he believes Suzanne was killed sometime on the Saturday night before she was reported missing.

“She was seen in town with Barry getting a sandwich at 4 p.m.,” Moorman said. “At midnight, somebody friended all of the guys my age on her Facebook at midnight.”

Moorman told Dr. Phil that he believes Suzanne was killed sometime after 4 p.m. and then someone involved manipulated her Facebook account — but it’s not clear who or why.

Moorman also said that the date on Barry Morphew’s vehicle does not correspond with the timeline he gave police about his activity on Sunday morning.
snipped
Suzanne Morphew’s brother shares new details about her last known sighting and strange activity on his sister’s Facebook page hours before she was reported missing

July 9, 2020

Two months into search for missing Chaffee County mother, investigators “aggressively working this case” | FOX21 News Colorado

Lauren Scharf@LaurenScharfTV

The FBI has confirmed that they are doing a “operation activity” today in Maysville in regards to the #MissingPerson case of #suzannemorphew I am also putting an article together today about the case thus far. It will be on
@FOX21News
#FindSuzanne

1:50 PM · Jul 9, 2020

Lauren Scharf@LaurenScharfTV

A private investigator NOT working on the case told me "operation activity" could be agents gathering more evidence pertinent to the case and or a potential person of interest that they are contacting.

2:10 PM · Jul 9, 2020

JULY 10, 2020 FB Live Interview with Fox21 LS
includes info from BM's friend Troy Skinner, PI Dan Corsentino, and confirmation reporter received info "off the record."

Lauren Scharf on Facebook Watch

Last edited:
Missing woman’s house for sale in Chaffee County | FOX21 News Colorado

Oct 5, 2020

CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. — The home of a missing Chaffee County woman is now up for sale, less than five months since she was last seen.

Suzanne Morphew, 49, was reported missing on Mother’s Day – May 10. She had reportedly left her house alone for a bike ride and never returned. Her bike was recovered less than a half a mile away later that the same day, her family has told FOX21 News.

A Zillow realtor confirmed that the Morphew family home was put on the market on Monday. The 3-bedroom home, located on Puma Path in Maysville, was listed on Zillow and Redfin at $1,759,000. According to the assessor’s office, the home was sold to the Morphews in April of 2018, they were the second homeowners.

Barry Morphew Sits Downs With CBS4 Nearly 6 Months Since His Wife's Disappearance

Snipped
He shared a letter Suzanne wrote to him in February for Valentines Day. It’s the last note he has from her.

“I remember the first kiss you gave me at my front door. I remember our long talks in the dark on the golf course between the 3rd tee and the green. I remember the day you asked me to marry you, you gave me flowers in Castletin. I remember the day you held me when I just found out I had cancer… I remember our wedding day and the way you made me feel so beautiful. I remember the days our girls were born and you were right there to hold my hand and rub my back and encourage me through the pain. I remember the February nights, you held me in 2013 when I was so sick and couldn’t sleep. I remember all the beautiful and difficult we had- so many, Through each one I know our love has grown stronger. You are my love 4ever.”

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks
Back