Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There has been some tag-teaming going on in this thread. It is when a group of members gang up on or badger another member about their opinion. This happened in a previous thread and members were warned about it at that time. Websleuths does not tolerate this type of posting, and in fact it is one issue that we consider far more serious than many other violations of TOS.

Discuss the case and not other members. This includes referring to other members as fence-sitters just because they haven’t formed an opinion that matches yours, or formed any opinion at this point because they may be considering reasonable doubt. Now there’s a novel concept.

Many good posts had to be removed because the post they were responding to was removed for violating TOS and the responses could not be edited appropriately to retain context.

Stop the snark. If you can’t be respectful in your replies to other members, don’t post.

Thread is open again.

Trail? What trail? There's no evidence any trail is involved in this case.

Yes you are right I meant 225 County road. But that is because I see the 225 as a continuation of the trail in either direction. If you are coming from the west past the dam, you have to take the 225 and cross Highway 50 to continue the trail. (And vice versa).

Did LE search the area at all after the first 2-3 days? (Not counting demolishing concrete.) I don't think they have, and that is why I keep suggesting that Texas Equusearch be brought in. Can BM make that request?

CHAFFEE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE

Salida, Colorado

PRESS RELEASE

May 11, 2020

On May 10, 2020 at 1746 hours the Chaffee County Communications Center received a report of a missing female in the area on County Road 225 and West Highway 50.

Members of the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office responded to the area and contacted the reporting party. They advised that their neighbor, Suzanne Morphew, age 49, from the Maysville area had reportedly gone for a bike ride in the area and failed to return home.

Sheriff personnel called members of Chaffee County Search and Rescue South and North and a search began immediately. The Department of Corrections was contacted and a request was made for tracking dogs to assist. They responded and joined the search. The search continued into the early morning hours with no results.

The search resumed in the early morning hours of May 11 with Search and Rescue. They once again scoured the area. Members were then called from the Chaffee County Tac Team along with search parties from the Department of Corrections and the area was once again scoured.

In all over 100 personnel were used during the search, however by late afternoon on May 11 Ms Morphew had not been found.

This will be an ongoing investigation into this matter and the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office asks that any person or persons who may have information please call the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office at 719-539-2596 or Chaffee County Crime Stoppers at 719-539-2599.

*****Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze 719-207-3199*****

LE searched right away as you can see, i bolded the search part in the qoute.
BM said (in the TD video) he got his own private investigators (whatever that means), i would think that any help would be greatly appreciated in the search for his wife Suzanne.

Last edited:
If my mom when missing there’s no possible way someone would stop me from looking for my mom. Including my four brothers. They would’ve have to restrain me from not helping. But thats just me.

Somethings wrong with Barry’s story. During his conversation with YouTuber, he said their daughters were expected to arrive on Mother’s Day, only to find out they would be late. From the way he explained everything the daughters should’ve arrived sometime Monday evening . A 10 hours drive to their home. We’re hearing one side of the story. And it’s Barry‘s side.
I feel the girls weren’t expected on Mother’s Day. Because if they had been expected the latest would’ve been Monday night.
Barry isn’t being truthful on certain things. I get suspicious then someone isn’t being truthful.
You could be right about this, if there is another source that I'm not aware of supporting their originally anticipated departure time and/or Monday arrival, but I don't think this can be deduced from the TD video I've seen. Also, do we know if the driving couldn't have been shared, allowing for a more or less seamless trip?

If BM is responsible for Suzanne's disappearance, the problem I have in thinking that BM was lying about this, is that it seems he might have timed his absence deliberately, banking on his daughters or neighbor making the discovery that day, so that he wouldn't have to call it in.

I do think there is something fishy about him saying they were running late, like he was watching the time, and it seems to me he might have been expecting them to text earlier. Either that or he knew it didn't make sense to have said they were expecting to spend Mothers Day with Suzanne giving him the justification to leave early in the day (presumably), then having to explain why they texted (presumably) very late in the afternoon.

MOO

I haven’t overanalyzed BM’s plea, or his conversation with a random YouTuber. He can act like a jerk, well maybe he is a jerk, but that doesn’t make him a murderer. I’m not looking for a motive, finances, whether or not they were living apart. Just one thing-why did LE know, pretty much from the beginning, that this was not an animal attack, or an abduction? They saw or found something early on that led them down the road they are on. They didn’t just decide to like the husband. They have something. Or lots of somethings.

gives conflicting information or outright mistruths.
Usually the 'suspect' tells on him/herself.
Remember LE goes where the information leads them. They follow a logical path.

We know for certain the Ms were currently sharing a home right? Not to throw a monkey wrench but it just hit me. We know for sure that BM left from the family home for his trip? “The girls need you”. It sounds unlike what a spouse would say.
Actually, we don't know. I recall the family spokesperson TN first contact with MSM when he declined to comment/confirm some basic elements. Let me find the quote...

ETA: Add quote/link

Family offers $200k reward for missing woman’s ‘safe return, no questions asked’

May 14, 2020

CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. — The family of missing Chaffee County woman Suzanne Morphew is now offering a $200,000 reward for her “safe return, no questions asked.” [..]

Morphew’s nephew, Trevor Noel, who lives in Colorado, spoke with FOX21 and said that her bike was recovered on Sunday. The Sheriff’s office has not confirmed this information.

Noel said Suzanne’s husband put out a reward of $100,000 and a family friend has matched the amount, totaling $200,000 for her safe return.

“She’s a beloved family member, and we want her back. Everyone in the family, we love her, we want her back,” Noel told FOX21.

Noel declined to comment if Suzanne had children or who she lived with. No further details were provided.

Noel created a Facebook page called ‘Find Suzanne Morphew’ to help with online efforts.

Noel said they are searching for Morphew independently from the sheriff’s office. A page has been created to support the family and search efforts.

“We want everyone in Colorado, in Chaffee, surrounding counties in Colorado, and beyond, to be alert. And to please call in any tips or suspicious behavior or activity that could potentially be related to this case – to the tip line at 719-312-7530,” said Noel.

ETA2: Declining to comment who SM lived with may also be due in part that for reasons unknown, Barry was not yet publicly identified in any media on May 13, 14, reports announcing the reward. On these dates, BM was referred to only as "the husband."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member