Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM - I cannot get "got in the river" out of my mind. Do you think BM is accidentally telling us where she is? That would be a logical scenario to explain since BM has been pushing the whole "crashed bike" scenario. Also, the e-mail to the church that states "they can't find her." I think the language is very telling. IMO, he knows her body is hidden or will at some point be discovered. It's just a matter of time. All JMO

5/25 - Crimeonline reports on email message to IN church from "family"
‘They can’t find her’: Message to church group shows desperate plea in early days of search for missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew [REPORT]

Thank you so much for that. I took it for granted about the plea to their old church. It's very telling.

BBM - I cannot get "got in the river" out of my mind. Do you think BM is accidentally telling us where she is? That would be a logical scenario to explain since BM has been pushing the whole "crashed bike" scenario. Also, the e-mail to the church that states "they can't find her." I think the language is very telling. IMO, he knows her body is hidden or will at some point be discovered. It's just a matter of time. All JMO

5/25 - Crimeonline reports on email message to IN church from "family"
‘They can’t find her’: Message to church group shows desperate plea in early days of search for missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew [REPORT]

BBM:

I don't think SM will be found anywhere remotely close to their home.

Unfortunately, I don't think she'll be found anywhere, period.

The suggested locations are no more likely to me than the suggested scenarios, i.e., she's as likely to be in the river there as she is to have crashed her bike or been abducted by a serial killer lion.

"My concerns were this way, and that way."

Translation: "Look over there."

Classic misdirection.

JMO.

JMO
I saw most, if not all, of TD's videos and I get confused how BM's "went into the water" theory could even happen if the one video that had a ribbon on the tree where the alleged bicycle was found was actually the place where the bicycle was.

That video of the ribbon on the tree was the first time I was able to put the Cougar theory way down on the list of possibilities because I would have guessed any form of attack from the road by an animal would have came at her broadside while she was riding on the road and my guess is the bicycle would have gotten hung up in the brush much closer to the top near the road rather than down where the ribbon on the tree was.

Back to the water......Thats the thing. There was no water near the ribboned tree from what I saw unless the small creek was closer than it appeared. I did not hear any water rushing and did not see any water in the ribbon on tree video.

Now I do remember another one of TD videos showed a curved road and there was a "creek" looking water that was nearby that sharp curve. The water was rushing fast but it was not much more than a large creek to me although it could carry a body downstream a little ways but I would expect any body to get hung up on debri or rocks because it did not look wide enough at the time of the video.
But the main point is that curved part of the road where we saw the water I could never reconcile how far that area was compared to the ribbon tree area. Maybe its closer than I am thinking it is.

In a 3rd video segment when we see TD out on the main road near a parking area where BM drives by him and TD mentions about him being shirtless and looking disheveled and all wet, I dont think we know where BM could have been to enter into any water other than maybe that sharp turn area with the smaller creekish water. In that video we only see BM driving by so we really dont know what TD may have been referring to where BM may have been prior to that. It was also raining out on that video because we actually see rain drops during the video shoot so BM may have gotten all wet from the rain itself.

Hope some of this helps.
This is a good aerial view of it all. See where the cars are parked up top, that's where TD was walking and stopped to look at the car number plate, then
he starts walking down the start of CR225 off Hwy 50. In about the middle of that road to the left is where the bike apparently was. See the number 225 in the photo, at the edge of the 5 you can see the creek and the bridge. There is water down the bottom where the bike was found. And the road that leads off the 225 to the left takes you to the Morphew home. MOO, but I think that's where it all occurred. Fellow sleuths, free to correct me if I've got it wrong, no worries :)

.sceneofTD&BM.png

This is a good aerial view of it all. See where the cars are parked up top, that's where TD was walking and stopped to look at the car number plate, then
he starts walking down the start of CR225 off Hwy 50. In about the middle of that road to the left is where the bike apparently was. See the number 225 in the photo, at the edge of the 5 you can see the creek and the bridge. There is water down the bottom where the bike was found. And the road that leads off the 225 to the left takes you to the Morphew home. MOO, but I think that's where it all occurred. Fellow sleuths, free to correct me if I've got it wrong, no worries :)

.View attachment 252616
Thank you. What is the thin white line running parallel to Hwy 50?

It was all very shocking to many of us. As for me it stunned me. Because if she had been abducted it was a day lay late and a dollar short. Because, in my mind I pictured someone throwing somebody a life belt or a lifesaver, but waiting 15 minutes before doing so....
Yeah. I told my hubby to shout out if he can't find me!
Unless of course...

Thank you. What is the thin white line running parallel to Hwy 50?
It appears to be a bike trail - oh wait, I think that is CR 226 that follows the side of Hwy 50 and leads back onto it. I did notice that across the road of Hwy 50 and CR225 the Colorado trail continues. Food for thought as to why bike was found near the top of CR225 though ..... was SM in the habit of crossing over there for the Colorado trail .... possible, but not particularly scenic, looks quite dry and barren really, the other side is nicer, more picturesque, hey? MOO
Edited to correct

It appears to be a bike trail - oh wait, I think that is CR 226 that follows the side of Hwy 50 and leads back onto it. I did notice that across the road of Hwy 50 and CR225 the Colorado trail continues. Food for thought as to why bike was found near the top of CR225 though ..... was SM in the habit of crossing over there for the Colorado trail .... possible, but not particularly scenic, looks quite dry and barren really, the other side is nicer, more picturesque, hey? MOO
Edited to correct

Yes in previous threads, the trail continuation and possible trails, have been discussed in fairly good detail.

Map of Trails near Salida, Colorado | AllTrails
Go west on the map past maysville, zoom in, you can click on the number 3, then three pointers will show up, which will indicate three different trails. (Showing their length and travel time, ect.)

This map also shows the elevation quite well, the 226 is indeed a trail, although fairly short.

Yes in previous threads, the trail continuation and possible trails, have been discussed in fairly good detail.

Go west on the map past maysville, zoom in, you can click on the number 3, then three pointers will show up, which will indicate three different trails. (Showing their length and travel time, ect.)

This map also shows the elevation quite well, the 226 is indeed a trail, although fairly short.
Do you know if there's a go-around to the sign up to view what you describe? Thanks.

Thanks Acorunadepor, came in a bit late in the case, haven’t read all the threads yet, will have a look. Thanks for the map of trails link too, indebted, good on ya

I know several others agree with this. Me? Not so much. Do many people really pick up and move to be near their child’s college? Kids usually want to grow their independence at this time in their lives. Plus, if they graduate and get a job half way across the country would you pick up and move again??? Grandparents often move to be closer to where children and grandchildren have settled, but following your kid to college is kind of creepy and I would think would be embarrassing to the child.
Agreed. More likely that she chose that college because they were moving to the area.

See the number 225 in the photo, at the edge of the 5 you can see the creek and the bridge.

Just a point of clarification - that's the S. Arkansas River, not a creek. It's not very big there. In early spring runoff has it running faster and a bit deeper, but it's nothing like the main Arkansas where people raft and kayak.

.View attachment 252616

Thanks for that photo.

JMO
That gives a better feel that most of TD's video clips were probably all within walking distance of each other.

Ive come to conclude that even though we dont see or hear water in the ribboned tree (exact supposed bike location) video clip from TD nor do we see water in the video clip when TD is with BM on top of the road pointing down at that area, I think BM meant she may have left the wrecked bike on foot and walked away from it and got disoriented and stumbled into the water.

Most of TD's video clips are all in general walking distance of each other. The picture you included pretty much confirms that now so thanks for sharing it.

sceneoftd-bm-png.252616

Last edited:
Yes. Lots of stress. I still struggle to understand why they even moved to Colorado. Hey, I know it's a beautiful place -- I used to live in Denver -- but with all the stress they already had, why did they add to it?
Hard to say why a family with roots in one area
and an established business would pull up stakes and relocate to a far state.
Only the parties involved would know the real
reason.
Was it because "he" was bored w/ his life in Indiana?
Was his business not doing well?
Was he running 'away' from something?
Did he want to start over 'fresh' some place new?
If they'd vacationed in Co. or he'd hunted there, that could be a draw.
Seems the decision to move was his decision,
so you'd have to ask him for the reason.

Maybe they’ve already talked to those who matter.

I might not talk to the media if a friend of mine went missing, if:

1. I had info for the police.
2. I felt the case was being handled as well as can be and taking to the media wouldn’t help.
3. The family asked me not to. And I trusted them.

If I had info for the police I would not be taking to the media about that info. That’s for sure.

^^THIS^^

IMO

Actually I wouldn't talk to the media at all if I were even remotely connected to the case or even peripherally connected via friendship or acquaintance.

There's no reason to talk to anyone outside the people who are actually working the case, i.e. the detectives, as they're the ones who need information and tips, not the public and not the gossip monger media. The only exception to this is if there is a coordinated volunteer effort and specific actions are needed by volunteers, then getting the word out is helpful.

The less information about a case that is leaked, the better position the case will be in terms of both sides' future rights. Plus, people are more than happy to get into others' personal business for their entertainment.

/IMO

Last edited:

.View attachment 252616

I keep trying to orient myself with these photos.

Are you saying that the tree with the ribbon (the location the bike was found?) was above the 225, on the side of the yellow box? (Box to indicate side of the road, not position of the bike)

I ask because in the video where he points to the bike location, BM also gestured toward the RV Park. I thought he was pointing in the direction of the red box.

Also, I don’t think that road to the left leads to the M’s. It leads to a neighbor. The M driveway begins way around the bend at the end of Puma Path.

My understanding could be wrong. Struggling with this.

MOO

Attachments

• 8B97E13C-ACA1-433A-A8C3-268CA4900398.jpeg
    8B97E13C-ACA1-433A-A8C3-268CA4900398.jpeg
    243.6 KB · Views: 74
But she's not been declared dead yet.
Right I was responding to speculation in this post from @LietKynes

Ita.

Speculation alert :
What if Suzanne had come into this marriage with money--or had inherited some cash ?
So, if it was her $$$ and not BM's, what happens if they split up ?

What do you think? Unless she had a Will specifying bequests or a trust - best guess? husband but in my state you may not disinherit a spouse they are entitled to elective share regardless unless there is a prior Pre or post nup Or a trust
IMO

I keep trying to orient myself with these photos.

Are you saying that the tree with the ribbon (the location the bike was found?) was above the 225, on the side of the yellow box? (Box to indicate side of the road, not position of the bike)

I ask because in the video where he points to the bike location, BM also gestured toward the RV Park. I thought he was pointing in the direction of the red box.

Also, I don’t think that road to the left leads to the M’s. It leads to a neighbor. The M driveway begins way around the bend at the end of Puma Path.

My understanding could be wrong. Struggling with this.

MOO
Whoops, you are right, thanks for that Truecolors, that’s not the road leading to the Morphew house, yes, I’m not too good with aerial views. I ask that my comment about the Morphew turn-off be stricken from the record and be declared null and void.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
everyoneblooms