Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @10ofRods

I have to redeem myself on this thread because I was stupidly identifying the wrong house and kept correcting those who had the correct house to being with !! *embarassed*

PS- I follow your stuff on COVID-19 !:)
I also follow @10ofRods on Covid but can’t post there anymore b/c I get too upset! :rolleyes:

So Barry offered money for her return as soon as she went missing. If there had been threats to kidnap her I really don’t think that she would be out there, by herself riding around on a bike, and how would they know she would be in that location and how did they know she didn’t have a weapon or mace!! MOO

There are community property laws. Is there anything that makes you think that a coupled married 26 years wouldn't hold their assets in common? It's traditional to do so, and, under Colorado law and Indiana law, even if a spouse tries to separate their assets, if the asset/$ is acquired after the date of marriage, unless there's a very specific trust, the spouse typically inherits.

We don't have any reason to believe that Suzanne set up a separate trust that excluded her husband.

Ah, but "there's the rub," as my man William Shakespeare would say.

That's exactly the problem.

I'm wondering if Suzanne had a will or a trust.
Having apparently had at least one bout with cancer, and perhaps minor children at the time, it would not be surprising if she did have one or the other.

For what it's worth, Colorado is an equitable distribution state, vs. a community property state:

Colorado Marital Property Laws - FindLaw

I absolutely believe financial/monetary issues lie at the root of SM's disappearance.

I'm anticipating we'll be seeing a field full of shady acres.

JMO.

About your questions : What is also odd is no plea from the daughters .
Why ?
I'm assuming they are missing her terribly. :(
Are they afraid of someone ?

The thing is.... this assumption may not be true, and I see a lot of posters hanging on to it. Daughters don't always miss their mothers. You may know a woman like that?

Sometimes "home" is a very difficult place, and families are complicated. Sometimes you don't know who the "bad" guys are and who's an "angel". It's often not immediately obvious. You don't know where loyalties lie; you don't know who might lie to protect another; you don't know what dark feelings might have been festering forever and suddenly broke loose.

IMO we can't make any assumptions about feelings of one member of a family or other. We just don't know. And if we could make a reasonable guess, there is a very large chance we could be way off.

bbm
Agreed.
Seeing the family together is not "parading" them in any way !
Any 'playing' is not even thought of when a family member has been abducted --if that's what happened here.
Everything else vanishes in the wind if you think someone has taken your loved one.

A woman and a mother & wife is missing ; and god knows what could be happening to her.

Why should the daughters care about how it looks to plead for her safe return ?
I know I wouldn't care.

Any amount of time in front of the press and LE would not be nearly enough if my loved one was missing.

And it wouldn't take my family 7 days to plead on camera for my return; nor would any of my own relatives hesitate to answer questions and give a thorough description of my clothing, bike, and who last spoke with or saw me in person !

I would think if it was a planned kidnapping wouldn’t they take one of the daughters instead of the wife? This whole thing is strange. I’m sure LE is digging into all their finances, bankruptcies, perhaps husband has a lover. Perhaps Suzanne was going to file for divorce and she had kicked him out and explains why he was in Denver and not home on Mother’s Day. Chris Watts and Shannan looked had a nice large home, nice vehicles but were heavily in debt. This reminds me of the Fotis Dulos case who was wealthy had a lover committed suicide because they were coming to arrest him for his wife’s murder Jennifer’s body was never found.

I'm not sure what to make of his video, but I don't personally find it alarming or odd that his daughters haven't come out with a public plea. For one, maybe they just cannot physically do it right now. My mom is one of my best friends and I am very close to her. If she went missing, I think I would be a sobbing mess 24/7 and could not pull it together to do a public press conference or video, and I am in my thirties. Her daughters are still very young and this must be absolutely devastating for them.

Perhaps he does not want them exposed to the media or the masses and it is his idea to not bring them into the videos.

Perhaps the daughters aren't very close to their father and/or don't have a good relationship with him at all and he just went off and did this video on his own.

This is all just supposition and possible scenarios, but I guess my point is, I can see several reasons why her daughters wouldn't be appearing publicly.

Based on other cases I've followed--I would have to say that if absolutely nobody is speaking out, not her family or his family or daughters or anybody, it's almost certainly because for whatever reasons related to the investigation, LE has asked them not to.

I mean, even the nephew hasn't said anything for a few days, right?

Does any remember a recent kidnap for ransom case by a stranger in the US? Not a case that was later proven to be a farce. How often does this actually happen in the US? The only ones that come to my mind are the couple in California (Quinn/Huskins), and Samantha Koenig.

And, I still want to know a little more info from LE before I completely hop off the fence.

I do wonder if her husband has a theory about someone who took her. Maybe it's someone who has harassed or threatened him and/or Suzanne in the past. Or maybe they have an acquaintance or person in their life who HE believes was interested in his wife. Whatever the case - perhaps BM has had a theory since day one on someone who has been jealous or felt slighted by them and has maybe give them trouble or even threatened them in the past, and he immediately thinks it HAS to be that person.

Perhaps LE is not convinced and/or looked into said person and they have an alibi or there is no evidence they're responsible. But BM still believes it is this person so he goes out on his own to make this video and is being very pointed to speak to this person who, in his mind, must have her and could be motivated by money. MOO

Thanks to members who continue to violate TOS with their posts that are not victim friendly, this thread is closed for review. Those members who have constantly violated Websleuths very basic victim friendly policy will lose posting privileges. If you can't understand The Rules, then you should not be posting here.

Not sure how long this review will take. Check back later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member