Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM LOL :D
We can now see why the sheriff called in the CBI and FBI. Barry was incapable of providing answers to simple questions. MOO
I found it interesting that the brother said BM was there at around 6pm. BM has been saying 9pm. It’s gotta be tough for BM to keep his lies straight. MOO

I'm so grateful for PE -- we learned today (i.e., Andy) answers BM gave to questions 24-48 hours after SM was reported missing, compared to statements BM was making three weeks later, and 90 days later.

One this is certain .... the answers are ever-changing!

BBM This is what I heard as well. That he disappeared from the group to another location nearby and laid down on the ground. A friend that was with BM apparently took a picture of him laying down. LE is interested in this area. I don’t think BM also went and collapsed/lay down in Crested Butte. MOO
Didn't he say that BM was looking over a cliff and then he layed down? I think I was waiting for him to say that BM was about the jump!

I just rewatched that interview with Andy Moorman, Suzanne’s Brother, on “Profiling Evil.”

He says that he’d like to organize a large search for Suzanne before winter comes. Unfortunately, I don’t think all the manpower in the world will make a difference here.

The issue isn’t having the resources to conduct an effective search. The issue is knowing where to look in the first place.

If they can hone in on an area based on what the evidence says (phone data, GPS, etc), then it would definitely be worthwhile. The problem is they don’t have access to that information, unless the authorities feel like sharing it.

But I can’t imagine that conducting another search in the vicinity of the house, will be worth their time and effort.

Barry left early that morning for a reason, and I’ll eat my hat if the purpose wasn’t to dispose of Suzanne’s body.

She could be anywhere between the house and Denver, or wherever the hell he went first (if he even went to Denver).

Good grief I can’t find the emoji I was looking for.
Can someone create an “I have a hard time believing the drama coming from this man that couldn’t be bothered, and they should probably look in the opposite direction of Crested Butte” emoji.

a0551.gif

The interview with Andy was not only enlightening, but also heartbreaking.

I especially noted when Andy remarked about Barry's hunting and outdoor skills and how rugged the terrain is. Also, Barry lying down at the edge of the cliff? WTH was that about? (I too was thinking, was he gonna jump??)

And now we have the disgruntled fired employee. Who may or may not really exsist. Along with the glass wall.

I'm at the point, if it comes out of Barry's mouth, there's a 98% chance it's a lie of some sort. Did poor Suzanne have to put up with that day in/day out? Sort through the nonsense to figure out what was really going on?

Here’s something I hadn’t even thought of, until someone brought it to my attention.

If law enforcement has Suzanne’s phone, it will be damning. In the Gannon Stauch case, law enforcement was able to determine when exactly Letecia’s phone was unlocked (she left it at home, and accessed it 25 minutes after she returned).

That same sort of thing would prove huge here. Barry leaves Suzanne at 5am (according to him).

I think it’s a safe bet that Suzanne would have checked her phone at some point after waking up, and certainly before going for a bike ride.

Especially on Mother’s Day.

I’ll be willing to bet there was no such activity.

ETA: Although the rumor is that the security cameras were not working, that doesn’t mean that the whole system was not. If they have motion detectors, that can be invaluable as well (no motion in the house after Barry left).

Attachments

• B19CE108-6E80-46E5-A869-DCB6DF0FA82F.jpeg
    B19CE108-6E80-46E5-A869-DCB6DF0FA82F.jpeg
    38.9 KB · Views: 56
Good Morning All-
MassGuy, so you're thinking the M's had a whole house type security system which may have continued to record the internal motion
detectors, eh? Hmmm.
I'm not familiar with the newer systems that record but it's
an intriguing idea. Have to read up more on that one. Cause my old system had 2 modes,
ON or OFF, no recording that I was aware of if it was OFF.
Great to see some early morning brains here at work!

I just rewatched that interview with Andy Moorman, Suzanne’s Brother, on “Profiling Evil.”

He says that he’d like to organize a large search for Suzanne before winter comes. Unfortunately, I don’t think all the manpower in the world will make a difference here.

The issue isn’t having the resources to conduct an effective search. The issue is knowing where to look in the first place.

If they can hone in on an area based on what the evidence says (phone data, GPS, etc), then it would definitely be worthwhile. The problem is they don’t have access to that information, unless the authorities feel like sharing it.

But I can’t imagine that conducting another search in the vicinity of the house, will be worth their time and effort.

Barry left early that morning for a reason, and I’ll eat my hat if the purpose wasn’t to dispose of Suzanne’s body.

She could be anywhere between the house and Denver, or wherever the hell he went first (if he even went to Denver).
Would be great if they could get Tx EquuSearch up here.
LE would have to approve it first.

Report a Person Missing

Special note: Texas EquuSearch can only accept a missing person case if it has been filed with the appropriate law enforcement agency, a case number has been assigned, and law enforcement gives their consent for Texas EquuSearch to become involved.

Requests for Texas EquuSearch’s assistance must be made by the family of the missing person and/or the law enforcement agency handling the case. If the family requests our help, law enforcement MUST approve our assistance after the request is made by the family.

mornin', websleuthers. you guys got it covered!

i'd like to know what ideas y'all have about barry lying down on the ground in the middle of the search. what in the bizarro world kind of action is THAT?

andy's interview was so classy, and not only did he come across as very intelligent and articulate, it's so clear by his words how much fear and pain he is holding in. i am going to bet suzanne was very similar to him, and i truly believe now that she got tired of BM's *advertiser censored* and was going to leave him and he snapped/premeditated her murder. (still on the fence with that. there are too many coincidences going on for me to get off yet).

THIS is the way a family member behaves when someone goes missing: anger, fear, confusion, sadness, disbelief.

i will also add, based on andy's recollection of his first conversation with BM after she went missing, there didn't seem to be any plan of action set up, any description of what suzanne was wearing or her state of mind, gatherings for help from locals (other than a few of barry's "buddies"), OR any real emotion attached to SM being missing. but there WAS the set-up for the ALIBI: it was all about where BM was at the time and why.

eta: can you imagine the chill andy got up his spine when he saw the bike, and realized it had been placed there by human hands and what that likely meant? i would love to hear at what precise moment it clicked that barry could be a suspect. terrifying. scary barry is one of the most ruthless killers i've learned about in a long time.

Last edited:
Here’s something I hadn’t even thought of, until someone brought it to my attention.

If law enforcement has Suzanne’s phone, it will be damning. In the Gannon Stauch case, law enforcement was able to determine when exactly Letecia’s phone was unlocked (she left it at home, and accessed it 25 minutes after she returned).

That same sort of thing would prove huge here. Barry leaves Suzanne at 5am (according to him).

I think it’s a safe bet that Suzanne would have checked her phone at some point after waking up, and certainly before going for a bike ride.

Especially on Mother’s Day.

I’ll be willing to bet there was no such activity.

ETA: Although the rumor is that the security cameras were not working, that doesn’t mean that the whole system was not. If they have motion detectors, that can be invaluable as well (no motion in the house after Barry left).
Its always the cell phone that brings these "criminal masterminds" down. Im glad the FBI is helping with them, Im sure it expedites things for local LE and Im sure they can provide extremely accurate results. Interesting point about the security system, im not to hip on how they work but keeping my fingers crossed it provides something valuable

“The mountain lion called and demanded a ransom.”

If Barry did in fact sit down for 30 hours of interviews, I can’t imagine the damage he inflicted upon himself.

“Where were you?” Is not a difficult question.

can't stop giggling.....

Are we stilllllll wondering why LE pounced on
this poor innocent guy so early????

ok, i decided to listen again, so i'm just gonna make a few notes.

1. if the drug-fueled angry ex-employee that was harrassing the morphew family was something barry immediately got worried about, why would he send his female older neighbor over to the house alone, not once, but twice, to check in the house and in the garage? why wouldn't he immediately announce that to the public to get that info out there? (instead we got "it's too soon.") why is it "too soon" to tell the public there is a dangerous person out there that had been threatening his family?!?

2: why were barry's buddies/family the only ones out searching? why did andy mention the guy who separated from them in the woods that first morning, and that when they got back to base, this buddy was already back there? why didn't they spot the "item" when they had searched that area already? (i know this is not uncommon. just making note).

3. where are suzanne's diamonds?

4. why was barry taking off on his own during the search? why did he lie down on the ground in that particular area?

5. why is barry lying about lie detectors and voice analysis tests? do his buddies know the truth? (surely they have been interviewed, right? would LE confirm to them that barry was not taking ld's the way they did with andy?) if so, why are these buddies so staunchly defending barry's lies?

6. where are the daughters, and why aren't they communicating with the moorman's? it sounds like they are a close family, and andy even compliments how wonderful barry's mom and sisters are. why did they have to go on youtube and make a public statement in that way to initiate contact with their granddaughters/nieces?

moo.

Guys, today is the start of my 3L year and officially my last first day of school. I cant tell you how excited I am to be done soon. The one silver lining is im taking a wrongful convictions class this semester with my favorite prof this semester and its probably the only class ive ever been excited about. This is totally off topic but im real excited to be done soon and also I avoiding doing a long and tedious reading assignment I have no motivation for, so two birds one stone.

Me, one year from now:

72955788_10157868848157652_6220901013155479552_n.jpg

odd that its 3 months into SM's disappearance and hes just now mentioning a disgruntled ex employee
It actually surfaced a number of weeks ago on FB. I’m not sure if this fact having now been revealed by AM on PE will allow us to discuss any of that, as AM did not go further into how that information showed up on social media. It was actually interesting to see how BM used SM’s family to implicate his former employee and insinuate that he himself has been cleared, which he was not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KazPsi