Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a sick feeling when reading this.
I googled this online and the consensus was that this could not be SM as it would take a lot longer than four months for her body to decompose to this level.
Yeah. I think that body has been there for a very long time. It’s not going to be her.

Brother of missing Alexandria woman organizing 'army search' for her in Colorado
Andy Moorman is going to find his sister I pray.
Brother of missing Alexandria woman organizing 'army search' for her in Colorado
This is pointless unless the task force gives them locations in which to search. I hope they have areas of interest in which they can deploy these people. I don’t think she’s anywhere near that house.

So I’m happy this is happening, but skeptical it will result in anything fruitful.

Alexandria- Monroe Chamber of Commerce@MonroeCommerce

Candle Light Vigil for Suzanne Moorman Morphew- This Saturday! https://conta.cc/3hzZJ3t

12:29 PM · Aug 27, 2020·
So this tweet from the Chamber of Commerce in SM’s hometown has a link that opens to an email blast about tonight’s vigil. In the email is a link that says For More on Suzanne. When you click that it opens to this:

Suzanne Morphew’s family speaks out; Their thoughts three months after her disappearance | FOX21 News Colorado

This is pointless unless the task force gives them locations in which to search. I hope they have areas of interest in which they can deploy these people. I don’t think she’s anywhere near that house.

So I’m happy this is happening, but skeptical it will result in anything fruitful.
This is at the bottom of the story:

Learn more
A trip to search for Suzanne Moorman Morphew in Colorado is being organized by Profiling Evil, a team of criminal behavior and intelligence experts who have consulted on high-profile homicide and kidnapping investigations.

Those interested in finding out more about the expedition, tentatively scheduled for Sept. 23-28, can visit the Profiling Evil YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/profilingevil

There were yellow and teal balloons (I believe the yellow signifies "come home" and the teal was for the color of her bike helmet??).
RSBM.
Yellow is the ribbon color for Missing Persons Awareness. Teal is the ribbon color for Sexual Assault Awareness and, more importantly in this case, those murdered by an act of domestic violence. (Among other things. There are only a dozen or so ribbon colors and so many worthy causes.)

It seems the balloons may have been a coded message.

65 Popular Colors for Awareness Ribbons and What They Mean

He did mention that they would "coordinate the search using searchers' cell phones and GPS". You can just feel his desperation to get answers for his dad. It is such rugged terrain and a huge footprint to search, it agree the odds are not in their favor. JMO.

This is one amazing Lion. It picked her up and carried her outside the 200 mile search area without a trace.

I think she was more likely caught by a bob-cat. That cat which was switched on when it was supposed to be off! BM seems very keen to explain that story away. That sort of back fired on him as nobody had heard about this story. It made him look even more guilty, and now people want to know what that was all about!

I agree that it will be like looking for a needle in a haystack, but it will probably give AM some comfort knowing he is doing something to try to find his sister.

I hope that maybe there will be some type of resolution before the search even happens.
I feel for this poor family.

Do you think BM will join in the search effort?

@Dr.StClements sbm Thank you for your post.
Bbm #1. Iiuc, BM was given authority by ct, to close July IN.prop sale (and use proceeds from that sale; not sure if BM has free rein already w all their jt. assets. Iiuc (and not saying I do, because I have not seen pleadings, ct orders, & other dox), ct appt'ed him as Gdn/granted him auth'y. to act only as to that one home prop, which would have been specifically listed in the petition originally filed.
Also iirc, BM/BM's atty did not file an inventory after first ct order/apptmt re that one prop. was issued.

Bbm #2. Based on gen business practices described below, I doubt that now/before Sept(?) hearing, that BM can manage to wangle any real est or brokerage a/c transactions. But no predictions from me about what will happen in the fall or re bank accts.
Stepping away from the M's specifically, say, ;)Harry Husband & Wanda Wife, (;) my favorite hypo couple), are in a situation in which HH petitions for Gdnship , because of WW's long term coma after car crash. HH files petition and inventory of prop, assets, accts, etc and requests apptmt/authority over all of them. Something like this -->
Inventory: 1st Nat'l Bk checking a/c ($5,000); Derrill-Bynch brokerage ($ 15,000 IBM common stock); Gedility Mutual Funds ($ 30,000); Rental house ($ 125,000); Rental duplex ($ 200,000); Rental office bldg ($ 350,000),
< in WW's name only.

Iirc, the court (virtually? always) specifies in its Order/Letter, the properties, assets, accts, which HH has auth'ty to handle. At least IME at HQ of a national investment brokerage, HH is not allowed to place buy or sell orders for stocks, mut fds, etc, or make withdrawals, write checks, etc , in WW's a/c, unless/until home office law/compliance dept had reviewed ct doc's to verify that HH had been given auth'ty by the ct do do so.*
IME w real est, title ins. co's exercise similar scrutiny over real est transactions.

Personally cannot address bank practices, so hoping some others , esp'ly our legal professionals, will weigh in, to
comment, clarify, or correct. And if their exp. w other types of businesses or institutions is different from mine.
my2cts
----------------------------------------------------------
* Of course, some other situations allow HH to transact business for WW, for ex. if WW is named as trustee of WW's trust agreement of tr dox, or if WW executed a power of atty authorizing him to do so.

While it's true that the GU petition included a motion (and approval) for the sale of the couples former residence located in Hamilton County, IN, be advised the temp guardianship approved by the Probate Court on June 5, did not limit or prevent other joint ownership property from being quitclaimed to husband on July 24, with SM authorization given via her guardian.

As with durable power of attorney, guardianship papers are a very powerful instrument. The only difference really is a respondent gets to chose who they give their POA, and the court decides on the guardian. MOO

I agree that it will be like looking for a needle in a haystack, but it will probably give AM some comfort knowing he is doing something to try to find his sister.

I hope that maybe there will be some type of resolution before the search even happens.
I feel for this poor family.

Do you think BM will join in the search effort?
Not a snowball’s chance in hell.

And I agree, it will bring comfort to AM, who unfortunately, feels like he’s failed his sister. He hasn’t, the deck is stacked against him.

So this tweet from the Chamber of Commerce in SM’s hometown has a link that opens to an email blast about tonight’s vigil. In the email is a link that says For More on Suzanne. When you click that it opens to this:

Suzanne Morphew’s family speaks out; Their thoughts three months after her disappearance | FOX21 News Colorado

This is the first time I have seen this! BBM from link above.

“Fox 21 News has reached out to Barry Morphew on many occasions, but has not heard back.

The Morphew family is offering a reward of $210,000 for information for Suzanne’s safe return.

This is the first time I have seen this! BBM from link above.

“Fox 21 News has reached out to Barry Morphew on many occasions, but has not heard back.

The Morphew family is offering a reward of $210,000 for information for Suzanne’s safe return.
Yeah. Barry put up 100k, a friend matched it, and someone else added 10 because no one is going to come forward for 200k, but they will for 210. Or something.

Regardless, no one is getting anything. Suzanne isn’t coming home alive.

Yeah. Barry put up 100k, a friend matched it, and someone else added 10 because no one is going to come forward for 200k, but they will for 210. Or something.

Regardless, no one is getting anything. Suzanne isn’t coming home alive.

Yes however it’s always been framed as “returned no questions asked”. This is “for information leading to A safe return..”. Information?? New spin...Sadly, I don’t even think that’s possible.

I probably need to go back and listen to the interview with AM, but didn’t he say that BM suggested a disgruntled employee that he had fired?

That same employee, which BM then proceeded to get jobs around Salida and near his neighborhood? After this employee had supposedly made threats against BM’s family?

Did I hear that correctly? If so, that makes zero sense to me.
I thought I heard the same thing but thought I must've misheard it!

While I'm not convinced that Barry is responsible for Suzanne's disappearance, those 5 reasons -- taken together -- do indeed provide strong justification to suspect Barry. I would want to see actual evidence of a motive on Barry's part: Not mere speculation but something tangible or digital.

Is Indiana a state where motive is required for a first degree murder charge?

I do not think it's required in all states.

Aug 29, 2020

“I’m here tonight not because I want to be, but because I have to be,” Moorman told a crowd of about 200 people gathered at Harrison Square in the center of town. “I’ve got to find my little sister, and I have to bring closure to my family. We were quiet for a while because the investigators asked that of us, but it’s time now to rally the troops and go west and find her.”

[..]

“It’s been rough,” Moorman said. “We just can’t get any closure on this thing. The investigators don’t let loose of very much information. They protect a lot of it for investigative purposes, and that’s been rough.”

According to several news outlets, an initial $100,000 reward offered by Morphew’s husband Barry for her safe return was matched by a family friend, doubling the reward to $200,000.

“This case remains very active, as more than a dozen investigators are aggressively working this case on a daily basis,” Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze said in a news release. “Until we determine what happened to Suzanne, we can’t discount any scenario or formally eliminate anyone from suspicion.”

Morphew is the daughter of Gene Moorman, the former owner of the popular Gene’s Root Beer drive-in restaurant on Scatterfield Road in Anderson.

Throughout the ordeal, friends of both families and schoolmates of Suzanne have stayed in contact with Moorman to offer words of encouragement and hope. Saturday’s vigil, they said, was meant to be a tangible demonstration of their support.

“Both of these families are broken,” said Lisa Patz, who helped organize the vigil. “They’re very broken. Neither family is doing very well. It’s a tragedy. This (vigil) is to bring light to Suzanne and everyone and anyone involved with these families, to let them just come and give us light for Suzanne. Let’s just find her.”

ETA: bbm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads