Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My reaction to this was that her husband must have left on the 8th, and therefore this was the last date anyone could corroborate her being at home?
And the reasoning for LE request for any home cams beginning the 8th....

“Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze on Sunday urged residents to hold onto any recordings from security and game cameras, Ring doorbells and other devices between May 8-12 as authorities continue to search for 49-year-old Suzanne Morphew.

“One of the most helpful ways the community can aid in the search of Suzanne Morphew is by preserving these recordings,” Spezze said in a statement. “We are aware that some systems override video after several days, and we want to ensure video remains available if needed.”
https://nypost.com/2020/05/18/doorbell-cams-could-hold-secret-to-suzanne-morphews-disappearance/

BBM MOO

This article says that the nephew said that the bike was found. I’ve seen it other places too. Law enforcement hasn’t commented on it though, I don’t think.
Chaffee County Sheriff Updates Search For Suzanne Morphew, Encourages Tips From Public
From your link

"It’s, it’s the hardest thing,” her nephew, Trevor Noel, told CBS4. “She’s a beloved member of her family and the sweetest person that you’ve ever met.”

Noel said Morphew’s bike was located, but Morphew was nowhere to be found. Sheriff John Spezze has told CBS4 it was “probably not” animals.

Suzanne-Morphew-chaffee-county.jpg

Suzanne Morphew (credit: Chaffee County)

Noel urged people to question the sheriff about the condition of the bike. When asked about the bike Friday, Sheriff Spezze said he would not comment on the items found.

Spezze said the case is still considered a missing persons investigation and they still have hope that Morfew will be found alive. He added that Morfew’s husband has been cooperative with the investigation.

“We’re certainly hopeful that she is (alive). Obviously as time goes by that gives us concern, but we’re searching as though she’s alive and we do believe she could still be alive,” Spezze said

So what did that mean? Ask the Sheriff about the condition of the bike. Was it perhaps damaged in an accident?

I’m wondering if they are working on confirming or disproving alibis?

cameras have a funny way of catching people in lies in regards to a timeline
This was target use in the P. Frazee case.
As time goes forward we will see bits and pieces of the puzzle. I have great trust in the CCSO.

TY I see the link now but I am not able to view it anyway. Is it allowable for those who have access to copy and paste her posts in here about the health issues for discussion? Perhaps a mod will clarify in case it is against TOS.
Does this link work?
Suzanne Morphew
we only discuss what SM has said herself, but there are some interesting comments.

Depends on time of year. The headwaters to the river aren't far from where the Morphews live, so it's still smallish as it passes their house, probably has lots of exposed boulders, but also some deeper pools. People do raft the river a little further downstream.

According to the water flow rate chart, flow is above average right now. Do keep in mind that you can't tell the depth of these rocky gorges by looking at the width of the riverbed. Take a look at the pictures and flow rates here:

Arkansas River At Salida Flow Report | Colorado USGS 07091500

Many a person has disregarded depth and gone into water just like that. It would probably be called a creek if it weren't known to be the Arkansas River. 1469 miles long, starting about 60 miles from the Morphew house, it flows into the Mississippi. The whitewater rafting season has started (county residents only) and Brown's Canyon (near Salida) seems to be a busy put-in place.
Any guesses where the press photo of divers was taken? It doesn't seem to be near the South Arkansas River.

Photo source: Suzanne Morphew search: Residents near Salida asked to save video cam recordings
Chaffee_morphew_dive.jpg

Members ARE allowed to discuss what Suzanne herself has posted on her social media. If Suzanne herself commented about her health issues, that can be discussed. What others may have said in response is not allowed.

HTH :)

TY I see the link now but I am not able to view it anyway. Is it allowable for those who have access to copy and paste her posts in here about the health issues for discussion? Perhaps a mod will clarify in case it is against TOS.

Mod has clarified. :)

Edited to add: The few posts by Suzanne that are visible to the public are really nothing more than an occasional "thank you" when someone comments on one of her pictures. I imagine she may have been more active behind the privacy settings.

Sorry @sillybilly really tried not to say anything I couldn’t! They are in the comments though so I adjusted my post.

From what I can see Suzanne herself does not discuss cancer or her health.

Turns out the cancer reference came from back in Thread #1 where it was sourced to the husband's instagram (which is NOT an allowed source and nobody alerted us). We can't stuff all that toothpaste back into the tube now, so please just refrain from discussing it further.

To all members: Please Report any posts that make reference to it from now on. Thanks !!

A question about how people use Facebook.

So many people collect friends on FB. Why would someone like Suzanne, with the numerous family, friends and contacts the Morphew family has, have no ‘friends’ on her profile?

Why would someone use it solely to post photos of herself, husband and girls on vacation?

Thanks - I’m not a FB user, just an interested observer.

I may be repeating an answer - if so...I apologize, but sometimes Im afraid maybe someone asks something and it doesn't get answered...so I just hit reply.

ON FB, you can chose what the public sees. On my FB...its very locked down. You see nothing. Not one single post. No friends. No about me. No likes. ONLY my profile pic/banner. I also don't use my real name - so nobody outside of my family/friends would ever be able to find my page ;)

So with hers - she obviously has her friend list hidden from the public....and unless family/LE says something....we have no idea when her last post was actually made. She may have public and private posts.

Hope this helps and isnt a repeat.

Yes maybe you are absolutely right. I am having a hard time with that because I am not familiar with the type of wealth these people have. I think that’s why I think the way I do. My husband would not be able to say Honey I love you and I will give you any amount you need to bring my wife back. Why does he say that ? Does he think money will bring her back? That’s what bothers me. That’s why I think it’s strange that he is pleading for her release for $. Does he know it’s about $ or is he trying to push toward this being about $ ?
IMO he is at a loss on how to get his wife back, especially if she has just disappeared and the only thought he might have is that someone took her. My husband would know that I would never just up and leave and that if I was missing, there was something nefarious going on. So what should he do? He can post that he will give whatever it takes to get her back. I felt the video was a very distraught, heart felt plea and I can see the exhaustion and distress he is feeling. I will sit back and watch for any new developments, but until then, what we do know (which isn't much) leads me to believe that she was loved by her family and friends.

From what I can see Suzanne herself does not discuss cancer or her health.

Turns out the cancer reference came from back in Thread #1 where it was sourced to the husband's instagram (which is NOT an allowed source and nobody alerted us). We can't stuff all that toothpaste back into the tube now, so please just refrain from discussing it further.

To all members: Please Report any posts that make reference to it from now on. Thanks !!
Hi Silly Billy. Is it permissible for members who can view SM's FB posts for them to copy or SS them into the thread if they are being discussed? Not the comments but just her own posts. I am not completely sure of the TOS on that.

Hi Silly Billy. Is it permissible for members who can view SM's FB posts for them to copy or SS them into the thread if they are being discussed? Not the comments but just her own posts. I am not completely sure of the TOS on that.

Not allowed.

From The Rules: Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc

Approved SM Pages/Profiles

Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as indicated by LE)

• Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
  • Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • Posts by friends and visitors are off limits.
  • Do not link to an individual’s (victim or suspect) social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.
  • If a social media page is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

If LE put out a reverse 911 call for folks to retain their ring camera footage, they must have reason to think she or a suspect, if they have one, would be in a town or residential area. Most of the homes out her way are so far off the road that a doorbell camera wouldn't pick anything up unless the person/vehicle was right up at the door. MOO MOO MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay