Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We moved to CO at around the time recreational usage became legal (not connected). If you are at any outdoor activity, whether a concert or a festival, a park, you will without a doubt will be aware of its usage. It is pretty much everywhere and as far as I'm concerned, nobody will think anything of seeing anyone smoke, except for those who can't tolerate smoking in general. Our visiting relatives enjoy visiting "the shop" which is a new building in a nice suburban shopping center. Most of the people I know do not smoke but buy jellies and other products.
I second this. My parents live in CO & in their town it is EVERYWHERE. No one cares. Pot shops on every corner. It’s the norm.

There was a shortage of bleach at the time during Suzanne's disappearance.

I could easily see there being a big jug of Clorox in the laundry room. When Covid first started there wasn’t a bleach shortage yet. First it was the bleach wipes and hand sanitizer that everyone hoarded and not until those ran out did I resort to making my own with bleach. And I was able to buy liquid bleach and bleach spray for awhile. Maybe it was in shorter supply in Co though but I bet Suzanne had some for laundry and such. Unless he needed multiple bottles of bleach? I hope not...that’s a horrific thought. Honestly at first I just thought JP was using the word chlorine meaning “bleach” until I saw the PE tweet with the big blue jugs of Ezy-Chlor pool cleaner. Doesn’t that give us a clue that BM used actual chlorine??

I am in the U.K where it is not legal,but I thought medical grade, legally produced products are different to the weed kids are warned about.

I should have been more clear.
There is a stigma attached to "marijuana" in literally any form.

For some, it doesn't matter how it's ingested, what matters is that it is, ingested.
I've watched a lot of online discussions on it, and had discussions in person with numerous folks and it tends to come down to "but it's still pot" by those against it, and "but it's not the same" by those trying to argue for it.

This is just my own, completely subjective personal experience.
I realize it may not represent anyone else's experience, however.

It certainly does seem especially cruel that if she was suffering through treatments, he wouldn't allow her to get some relief through using legal weed. (I suspect there's likely much more to this story, however).

I think our society in general is still very much not on the same page when it comes to pot. Generations of public school funded programs telling us (and our kids) how terrible pot is (gateway!) and now, the same quantities that used to get folks tossed in jail, are perfectly legal.
It's entirely possible BM is radically against weed use, for any reason. Tons of people are.

jmo

In which case, he's controlling, narrow-minded, and inflexible. It's one thing to be narrow-mindedly. and inflexibly against cannabis, but it's entirely another to oppose your spouse's medical use of it.

But the discussion would be so much more interesting if we knew BM's views on anabolic steroids or off-label use of certain other chemicals popular in gyms, which IMO, are about the only way to explain BM's "gainz" from 2015 or so until 2020. If endogenously produced, it's really odd that for most of BM's life he was much more gracile, not robust as he is today. The biochemistry of it would be similar - and so would the side effects.

Makes him something of a medical oddity, if no extras were input into his system. Also, seems to me he has more posed picture after he starts to bulk up. By 2017, he's put on a lot of muscle, but is not nearly as bulky as he is today.

That degree of muscle gain, at his age, is remarkable. The speed of it is remarkable, the absence of it in earlier years (when men gain muscle more easily - and he was an athlete) catches my interest.

Last edited:
Off Topic warning: I get what you are saying, but I think THAT is a matter of personal preference. I have many friends who are medical patients and prefer high THC content because the euphoric high helps with things like depression and anxiety. There are also users of CBD oils and products who would NEVER consider smoking or ingesting actual marijuana flower. But when it comes to the actual products, be it flower or edible, the products are the same for rec or medical. The difference is in which product you buy, sativa or indica, and the percentages on that given plant or product.
Except that wasn't the question from the UK OP (I'm also from UK). If your personal preference isn't allowed in the state you desire to purchase and use, you don't really have much choice, legally.

Last edited:
Interesting idea! If LE could prove no electricity, water, cable tv, etc. were used during a morning when a victim was supposedly at home, they could prove that a perpetrator was lying. I don't recall ever seeing information like that brought up in a court of law, but it sounds like great evidence. Is it hard to get that kind of data?

I can login to my own hydro (electricity) account and find out what time of day the most electricity is being used in my house. So no, it's not hard at all, since the actual meter outside is running literally, 24/7 and recording every kilowatt hour so they can send you a lovely bill every month.

Except that wasn't the question from the UK OP (I'm also from UK). If your personal preference isn't allowed in the state you desire to purchase and use, you don't really have much choice, legally.

But with all due respect, the UK OP asked (I think) about Colorado, and in Colorado, it's pretty much all available to just about anyone of legal age.

Actions Compromising Evidence, Remains?
Bodies are found out in the woods all the time by lay people.
At this point I doubt there's anything a volunteer could do, other than don't disturb or touch, that would
compromise anything.....
@enelram sbm Agreeing w your post. Others --- assume, for sake of discussion, SM's remains are buried in the forest/bush/wild on private prop or public land.
Who discovers?
--- If discovered by LEOs/CCSO S&R official team, then LE's Chain of Custody obligation begins. SOP for CoC is maintaining documentation of LE's control (not modifying) of remains which are now evd in crim case (potentially). At trial, Prosecutor must be able to show documentation that LE complied w SOP for CoC. Ditto many other types and pieces of evd, e.g. an article of clothing w blood stains or tears, holes, or broken zipper.
Then Def. atty cannot plausibly argue - So, after finding remains, LE contaminated evd, e.g., planted Def's DNA on remains, or place/ removed Def's article of clothing on/from remains, or removed jewelry or clothing, or caused bruising to remains. Yaknow, to 'make the case against Def.'
--- If someone else (other than LEOs/LE's S&R) discovers remains? A birdwatcher, hunter, jogger, kayaker, mtn biker, camper, bird watcher, or private individual in an informal search group discovers and phones LE? After notification and arriving at scene of remains, then LE's CoC documentation begins.
^Seems there's always an opportunity for someone to do something to remains, but would in itself only rarely preclude prosecution, imo.

When discovered, after MisPers report?
Day 4? Month 4? Year 4? Regardless of when discovered, a gap btwn Time of Death (ToD) and time of locating remains allows their evidentiary value to decline, by
--- a person deliberately or accidentally modifying remains, e.g., add, move, or remove parts, items.
--- nature, e.g. weather, heat hastening or cold delaying decomp; animal predation, scattering body parts & bones.
--- passage of time itself causing decomposition.
--- combo or all of above.
The more time that passes before discovery, the more difficult for M/E to determine CoD, MoD, and ToD, imo regardless of who discovers. No way to get around it, afaik. At least I cannot recall any case where M/E said, Oh, good thing it took months or years to find the remains, so helpful in determining CoD, MoD, and ToD.

@enelram :)
I think you got it - most important thing for anyone is Do Not Touch or Disturb.

As always, I welcome comment. clarification, correction, esp'ly from our legal professionals, ;):Dand bobcats, mountain lions, and other wild or domestic felines;):D. I could be missing or misinterp'ing something. jm2cts.

In which case, he's controlling, narrow-minded, and inflexible. It's one thing to be narrow-mindedly. and inflexibly against cannabis, but it's entirely another to oppose your spouse's medical use of it.

But the discussion would so much more interesting if we knew BM's views on anabolic steroids or off-label use of certain other chemicals popular in gyms, which IMO, are about the only way to explain BM's "gainz" from 2015 or so until 2020. If endogenously produced, it's really odd that for most of BM's life he was much more gracile, not robust as he is today. The biochemistry of it would be similar - and so would the side effects.

Makes him something of a medical oddity, if no extras were input into his system. Also, seems to me he has more posed picture after he starts to bulk up. By 2017, he's put on a lot of muscle, but is not nearly as bulky as he is today.

That degree of muscle gain, at his age, is remarkable. The speed of it is remarkable, the absence of it in earlier years (when men gain muscle more easily - and he was an athlete) catches my interest.
I am so glad you are here! Yes, ITA!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member