Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The daughters both had an online presence at one point, so we know they weren't cut off from electronics. I think it was much more BM sowing seeds of discord within the extended family that may have made it uncomfortable, for both them and Suzanne.

MOO

Your quote: "Oh, and in both cases, the husbands admitted to being the last known person to see their wives on the day they went missing."

When BM stated that I nearly fell off my chair.
its crazy how cases of missing persons where the husband most likely did it, the offenders follow such similar patterns of behaviors that scream guilt to the public in ways the offender doesnt realize or try to hide

BM's style of rebuttal seems to be throw it back 10 X as hard. He plays hardball. Nobody is gonna mess w/ the tough guy.
BULLY!!!!!!!!!
poor Suzanne.
Yes!
And notice his rebuttals are ALL counter arguments determined to defend himself.

He's not using that breath in his lungs to speak out for Suzzane.

How do I say yes, yes, no, yes, no, yes and yes again. And no, I didn't keep up, lol.

I don't think he was ever invested in this marriage as an equal partner. Suzanne knew her place.
Whether she was a grade school teacher, she was first and utmost his wife who cleaned and cooked, a maid and an asset. A very pretty one.

Then she was a mother to his children and did the same, without acting up or having a voice. Keeping the peace for the sake of her daughters.

Once she failed in her duties, she wasn't valuable. And, I mean all duties.
It was her fault she had cancer. Not his problem. He couldn't sit through ONE of her chemo sessions.
Don't even know why he showed up. Maybe it was one of his daughter's suggestions - hoping he may have some compassion for their mother.

I'm going to go one further (or twelve).
Suppose his fragile ego was butthurt that SM could no longer wantingly cater to him and his whims without questioning his love and care for her.
And/or/especially the and, suppose someone else was showing him interest that was all about him, fulfilling his needy psyche and all that entails.

It happens, especially when a partner has an illness. Wimpy *** only thinks about himself.
Then, SM is conveying, let's say, to friends that she's unhappy and is thinking of getting a divorce. Her husband finds out. She also confronts him about financial issues and a possible affair - let's just suppose.
Add to that, a large inheritance that BM may not have access to - not talking about the $500K that went into the CO home. That's fifty fifty, at this point.
I guess that covers it for now. I don't have all twelve in me, it's late, but there's more than that.
I'm not saying any of this happened or is relevant to this relationship, even though I do believe it all is, and more.
This is pure conjecture and JMO, my own perspective and my instinctive intuition.
IMO
double BAMM!!!
did you read the article posted about the types of men who killed their spouses?
This behavior of BM was described to a T.

and you repeated it, GREAT!!!
Yup, we've got his number. No more surprises here. even his acting as the victim. Perfect.
Wonder if any of those shrinks will talk to him when he's in prison? naw he's too ordinary.
Hope someone tells him he's just a run of the mill wife disappearer, nothing special.

double BAMM!!!
did you read the article posted about the types of men who killed their spouses?
This behavior of BM was described to a T.

and you repeated it, GREAT!!!
Yup, we've got his number. No more surprises here. even his acting as the victim. Perfect.
Wonder if any of those shrinks will talk to him when he's in prison? naw he's too ordinary.
Hope someone tells him he's just a run of the mill wife disappearer, nothing special.
I honestly think he will be more upset about being considered widely ordinary and a cliche will bother him more then Suzanne's disappearance. Whats shocking is these guys could just google husband kills his wife and see the tell tale signs of guilt to try and not repeat them, yet they always feel so confident in their own skills that they are dedicated to doing exactly what ever other guilty husband does. Chris watts, scott peterson, im sure BM will not be remember with such notary

I find the latest orchestrated you tube coverage and organized search by brother - causing our Benghazi Hero's to join in search priceless...the usual suspect would be wise to take heed. IMO-God bless our First Responders- God bless the search effort.
yes and likewise I was glad to see residents of
Salida joining the search.
This guy needs to be hung and quartered in the eyes of his community.
You Can Run But You Can't Hide.

Tools or no tools, I have a feeling LE has a nice crisp photo of BM entering the Holiday Inn Express with a bag of some kind.

What's in the bag, BM?

If he says it's tools, I say it's not. (Unless he had some to clean.)

So.... what might be in the bag?

A baby blue bike helmet? Biking clothes? Bike shoes?
We can guess some important property papers.... (clue: they were addressed to BM, according to JP, not to Suzanne, not probably to both of them either)
A ruined cellphone?
A partial bottle of chlorine to pour down a hotel drain?

Nothing left to do but shower and catch some quick zzzzzz's?

I wish JP could go back to the Holiday Inn Express and go through more than the room trash.

I wonder what evidence may have met a dumpster...

I'm still thinking he thought the room would be cleaned before JP arrived.... but between Mother's Day and Covid, housekeeping may have prioritized cleaning only for changeovers, leaving his room untouched.

Bring on LS's timeline!!!

JMO

Last edited:
He doesn't fix the security cameras OR put in a land line for her, since her cell did not have good service. Wasn't he worried about his daughter's being there alone with no cell service and no security cams?
Ya see, these would be doing a type of electrical thing. He only does a type of mechanical things.

Regarding the 'tools'.
I've suspected all along that BM will accuse JP
of stealing the 'tools'. You know, the guy who spent 9 yrs. in prison. Who you gonna believe?
He just hasn't said it publicly YET.

That story already has legs on some social media, unbelievable, huh?

My interpretation of “didn’t have tools for the job” JP statement and my 2cents meant the “tools” to repair the wall weren’t onsite at the repair job, the wall. I have no construction bkgrd, but I took it JP was talking about fill dirt, reinforcement steel, concrete, whatever would be needed specific to that job site. I could be totally off base. MOO

ETA Here’s the video of LS interview of JP. Start at the 1:40 mark for Puckett statements.

Last edited:
BM has been dumped into a box labeled ‘Narcissist‘, and that label supposedly explains his behaviour.

Is that a box you are born into? And how does one climb out of that box? Or is it once a narcissist always a narcissist?
its the classic nature vs nurture argument. narcs are on a sliding scale like all personality disorders, some worse then others. Therapy may help some of his issues, but its unlikely they would ever go because narcs truly dont believe they are in the wrong. they see their actions as justified and therefore they have no need to change their behavior patterns. Well i think everyone can learn and grow theres definitely a cap when it comes to personality disorders

BM has been dumped into a box labeled ‘Narcissist‘, and that label supposedly explains his behaviour.

Is that a box you are born into? And how does one climb out of that box? Or is it once a narcissist always a narcissist?
you might want to go read the article posted this am that explains the thinking of many of these men who off their wives. Very important to understand what was lurking in their own families that made it OK to behave in such a manner toward their own wives.

Not all narcissists kill their wives. Nor do all of them act violently towards them, but there's often things in their background that make it OK in their minds. Really go read the article.
Things will become much more clear in helping you understand what happens in these marriages and how and why these men do what they do.

I'm a little confused on the timing of her mom's death and father's remarriage. Base on that 1994 wedding announcement they list her mom with a different surname so I thought her parents had been divorced for quite a while. Did her dad only remarry after his wife (her mom) died?

My understanding is that it is extremely difficult to treat. Given that they aren't likely to admit a mistake or take responsibility for their actions, they tend not to seek help.

I wonder if “the more physical the job the partner does, the more difficult it is to find a body”?

I wonder if anyone did such a study?

PF did physical farming work. We know the result.

CW, an engineer, was also not shying away from physical work, either, and had his plan worked, nothing would be ever found.

Now, there are people who don’t work physically themselves and hire others, and they are likely not to invest a lot of time hiding.

Is there a correlation?

Not a little odd, very odd. It seems to me that BM didn't want any of SM's family to be in touch with her.
Taking out the landline as soon as they moved there?
It'll all come out.
Jumping off your post :)

BM was apparently very fixated on $. In that vein, maybe he is one of those people who is so hung up on acquiring the external trappings of wealth that he pinches every penny.

IMO Mr. Wild at Heart took control of SM's inheritance and sunk that and whatever other liquid $ they had into the Puma Path house. He seems like someone who has to "have it all" so people can admire him and his "things" and want to emulate him.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members