Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible. IF she was attacked while on social media with her friend, that points to something other than an argument that boiled over, IMO..... so if that's the case, something had to have changed, and that could have been it. JMO.
I think it was simmering for at least a day based on what MG said. He was upset on Saturday, heading home to spend time with 'the wife'. Then, by Sunday morning he sounded as if he had had the worst night of his life. I think he killed her on Saturday, maybe in the evening?

My point about a history of DV doesn't seem to apply here, based on what we know thus far. That could change.

My sense is they were very much in love and had a lot of good years together.

Time will tell.
MOO.

I hate to ask this question. But with the potential missing cooler thing. I know Suzanne was small. But could a body fit in a cooler without being dismembered?
I think it was on the last thread that we touched on the Anne Marie Fahey case. She was slender but quite tall (I want to say 5’10”) and her body fit into a large cooler after her legs were reportedly broken. (I hate typing that). There didn’t seem to be any indication of dismemberment.

I hate to ask this question. But with the potential missing cooler thing. I know Suzanne was small. But could a body fit in a cooler without being dismembered?

Oh, yes, very easy Fit MOO. I uploaded a pic with various size coolers as an example, person standing in front of coolers gives you an idea of sizes.

Attachments

• FF328965-87DD-4CDE-BD06-08B4B16B99E1.jpeg
    FF328965-87DD-4CDE-BD06-08B4B16B99E1.jpeg
    20.8 KB · Views: 96
So if he left at 5 am on Mother’s Day to head up to Broomfield, but only did 30 minutes of work-what was he doing the rest of the day until 5:45 pm?

That is the million dollar question isnt it.

One question I have is did he physically see any person of his crew Sunday in the Denver area before he showed up back in Salida area?

The reason this is important is if he did not see any single person of his crew in the Denver area on Sunday, then he may have only been there in the very early morning hours in that room with the smell. He may have left Sunday morning and he could have spent the entire day Sunday in another location.

Last edited:
MG says BM did a half hour of work on the wall.

So I want to know, how long was he actually AT that wall jobsite.

Did he do UNSOLICITED work there, on either side of the half hour? 7am.... construction worker, would anyone take note?

I hope LE looked in, on, around and under that wall....

JMO

That is the million dollar question isnt it.

One question I have is did he physically see any person of his crew Sunday in the Denver area before he showed up back in Salida area?

The reason this is important is if he did not see any single person of his crew in the Denver area on Sunday, then he may have only been there in the very early morning hours in that room with the smell. He may have left Sunday morning and he could have spent the entire day Sunday in another location until he got the word the bicycle had been found at which point he could come home.
Here's hoping LE can account for all that time. Cellphone, GPS, Highway cameras, whatever technology they have. Perhaps it takes a long time to sift through all that data?
MOO.
IMO, they have their man and are working to nail down the fine details.
Also, hoping to find her remains.
MOO.

No reason to rush

MG says BM did a half hour of work on the wall.

So I want to know, how long was he actually AT that wall jobsite.

Did he do UNSOLICITED work there, on either side of the half hour? 7am.... construction worker, would anyone take note?

I hope LE looked in, on, around and under that wall....

JMO
And, were there cameras in that area?

I don't know how tall Suzanne was or what she weighed but she looks so very tiny in her pictures.

I just did an experiment with one of my DH's Igloo hunting coolers and my 5'5" tall daughter laid on her back in it with knees to her chest but couldn't get her head down enough for me to close the lid. Then another employee walked up and he's 5'3" and he curled in a ball facing down and he fit just fine. And he didn't even take his ball cap off.

Attachments

• 20200914_143841A.jpg
    20200914_143841A.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 113
A deep heartfelt thank you to those participating in the search. Personally speaking, please know my thoughts, prayers and wishes for success will be with you everyday. I’m praying Suzanne is found!
YES !!
Thank you so much to all the searchers and to our own WS searchers for taking time out to help search for Suzanne !!
Praying for safe travels and safe searching for all of you !!

Was the location of the bike something that could be seen from the street or even from other hikers/bikers? It is incredibly odd that no one reported seeing a bike there all day Sunday.
I don't think it's odd at all, since there's only 2 (maybe 3?) other homes down that same road.
Very low traffic = very low chance of her bike being seen there I would think. IIRC.

Here's hoping LE can account for all that time. Cellphone, GPS, Highway cameras, whatever technology they have. Perhaps it takes a long time to sift through all that data?
MOO.
IMO, they have their man and are working to nail down the fine details.
Also, hoping to find her remains.
MOO.

No reason to rush

7 months for FDulos, 2 months for LStauch.
This abductor had the opportunity to learn from both.

I don't know how tall Suzanne was or what she weighed but she looks so very tiny in her pictures.

I just did an experiment with one of my DH's Igloo hunting coolers and my 5'5" tall daughter laid on her back in it with knees to her chest but couldn't get her head down enough for me to close the lid. Then another employee walked up and he's 5'3" and he curled in a ball facing down and he fit just fine. And he didn't even take his ball cap off.
thanks for the tip ;-)

I wonder if he had a piece that possibly fit another Bobcat and used his own piece then replaced what it with what it actually had on it before. His own vs site Bobcat. What part is on the site Bobcat? I'll have to check that out.
Especially after BM remarking about his Mess up with the "Mechanical Bobcat" thing.
A replacement part ??

FROM ARTICLE-
'It was only because I didn't know the time that I did something, a mechanical thing, to my bobcat,' he stated.

'I was confused and I just found out my wife was missing, and I was a little bit not in my right mind when they were asking me these questions, but I did the best I could and I answered everything. I never once declined any interview.'
Barry claims that the local Chaffee County Sheriff's Office initially bungled the investigation, and are now trying to cover their tracks. "

SOUNDS to me that BM bungled and is now trying to cover HIS tracks.
Husband of missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew, 49, claims cops have 'destroyed evidence' | Daily Mail Online

Especially after BM remarking about his Mess up with the "Mechanical Bobcat" thing.
A replacement part ??

FROM ARTICLE-
'It was only because I didn't know the time that I did something, a mechanical thing, to my bobcat,' he stated.

'I was confused and I just found out my wife was missing, and I was a little bit not in my right mind when they were asking me these questions, but I did the best I could and I answered everything. I never once declined any interview.'
Barry claims that the local Chaffee County Sheriff's Office initially bungled the investigation, and are now trying to cover their tracks. "

SOUNDS to me that BM bungled and is now trying to cover HIS tracks.
Husband of missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew, 49, claims cops have 'destroyed evidence' | Daily Mail Online
I think that as a man who works with heavy equipment would not normally use the words he used in describing "doing a mechanical thing" with the Bobcat. He would just go on and say what he actually did unless it would sound suspicious. It was like he was purposefully not saying what it was that he actually did with the Bobcat. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OkCujo98