Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #36

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the time, Barry said the girls were making posters. Baby blue bike helmet was the best he could do in the meantime, I guess. I wonder if he ever came back with a poster.
I think the original missing persons poster featuring Suzanne with the bike helmet may have been made by the family. Or at least they supplied the picture. Imo

BBM:

This happened after SM was reported missing.
LE was already asking questions at that point.
I think BM was nervous that heading off to any remote area would look incredibly suspicious.

Best guess is that something either occurred to him late or he noticed it after the fact and got worried that it might incriminate him, so he stopped at a public trash receptacle to dump it.

I'd be interested to know whether this trash bin was in front of the store or at the side/rear of the store, and the size of it, i.e., whether it was just a regular trash can or a dumpster.

Also, would like to know time of day BM was at this store.
I'm wondering whether this occurred in the early morning before daylight or at night/after dark.

Also, the DM article stated that BM was banging on the glass window to get the manager's attention, so I'm thinking the store was closed at the time.

If that's the case, it REALLY begs the question as to what BM was doing there in the first place.

My main man William of Occam says he was tossing something into the trash surreptitiously.
Not attempting to retrieve something from it.

I'm with my main man Will on this one.

JMO.
Good points. The time of day and location/size of the trash can are big questions on this. Was this also the same place that LS reported that LE didn't come by to pick up video footage?

Got it, thanks for that visual!

That helps hugely…so, it's a large dumpster, and at some remove from the store.

Store Hours are 7a - 7p.

https://www.ponchamarket.com

They were closed at 8 pm.

He tossed something.

JMO.

Last edited:
That's definitely a decent sized green dumpster. I don't see a trash can up by the building at all. Cars are blocking the view, but I also assume there would be a trash can by the gas pumps, but it doesn't sound like that would have been what BM was looking through. It's interesting that the PE guys said "trash can" - I would definitely refer to that as a dumpster.....

BBM:

This happened after SM was reported missing.
LE was already asking questions at that point.
I think BM was nervous that heading off to any remote area would look incredibly suspicious.

Best guess is that something either occurred to him late or he noticed it after the fact and got worried that it might incriminate him, so he stopped at a public trash receptacle to dump it.

Serious shades of Fotis Dulos here.

I'd be interested to know whether this trash bin was in front of the store or at the side/rear of the store, and the size of it, i.e., whether it was just a regular trash can or a dumpster.

Also, would like to know time of day BM was at this store.
I'm wondering whether this occurred in the early morning before daylight or at night/after dark.

The DM article stated that BM was banging on the glass window to get the manager's attention, which means the store was likely closed at the time.

If that's the case, it REALLY begs the question as to what BM was doing there in the first place.

My main man William of Occam says he was tossing something into the trash surreptitiously.
Not attempting to retrieve something from it.

I'm definitely with my main man Will on this one.

JMO.

BBM
It looks like a green dumpster is located at the rear of Poncha Market.

Attachments

• 9475A394-91BB-4891-9094-8BBB0F89200C.jpeg
    9475A394-91BB-4891-9094-8BBB0F89200C.jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 132
  • 8D1EEABF-94A4-43F6-942B-99BC1953D47C.jpeg
    8D1EEABF-94A4-43F6-942B-99BC1953D47C.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 118

Store Hours are 7a - 7p.

He tossed something.

JMO.
I can't wait to read that pc affidavit, I think we've nailed a lot to the floor in this case!!

Store Hours are 7a - 7p.

BM definitely tossed something.

JMO.

As many have stated, it makes no sense to tell the store owner to be on the lookout of a baby blue bike helmet and biking clothing.

What does make sense would be that he was seen tossing something, and that rattled him so badly that that was the best he could do at the time, to try and cover up what he did.

His thought processing don't seem to be very sharp.
Moo

That's definitely a decent sized green dumpster. I don't see a trash can up by the building at all. Cars are blocking the view, but I also assume there would be a trash can by the gas pumps, but it doesn't sound like that would have been what BM was looking through. It's interesting that the PE guys said "trash can" - I would definitely refer to that as a dumpster.....
I work in solid waste, not the collection side- Landfill / Transfer Station & Hauling. Most people wouldn't call that container a dumpster, lol.

I know we have debated this back and forth, but I was peeved from the beginning about LE’s request for everybody to save footage so that it could be picked up at LE’s leisure. The day they said it, I thought that it was either a message to whomever or they were doing it wrong. Simple folk should not be expected to thumb drive stuff or have a huge amount of storage so it doesn’t get written over. I would rather they have asked to email to a box if they were unable to preserve the footage, or give them a call. I guess they didn’t need it, as some have suggested. I still would have liked to see Barry at Poncha Market to see exactly what he was doing there-and by I, I mean anyone directly involved in the case. Opportunity missed.

Good points. The time of day and location/size of the trash can are big questions on this. Was this also the same place that LS reported that LE didn't come by to pick up video footage?

If I were that store owner, LE would not have had to come by to pick up the video footage. I would have taken it to them as soon as BM left.

What would you call it? I definitely thought those big green things were called dumpsters.
Yeah, the PE guys said he was looking through the "trash can" and then knocked on the door to the store. It sounds like he was in front of the store looking through a garbage can, as opposed to behind the store looking through the dumpster. Being former LE I would think they would be specific if he were looking through the dumpster.

Which tells me that BM took that effort upon himself without encouragement from LE. If my wife went missing I would not refrain from doing what he did because LE told me not to. We know LE has done that in the past, where they 'advise' or 'instruct' family members or whomever not to go public or give interviews, etc. We know it's happened.

I See this differently. Don't think L/E ever told BM not to make a plea, I don't see that at all, nor would I expect anybody would listen to that advice if a loved one was missing. When approached by major media to make a plea Barry said it was 'too soon' and he also didn't appear with L/E at the press conference. "BM took that effort upon himself" I see it as Barry wants control of the narrative and NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Network TV plea or Facebook(?)...sure glad I'm not married to Barry.

I am not aware of this aspect of the case. Is this repair for a motor vehicle or a bike? Did SM have it repaired, and by whom?

Bike....people have been tying to get an interview with Scot, who maintained her bike.

I'd guess after being informed LE found "personal items" (yes, Speeze used plural) he immediately began looking for other items belonging to SM. I'd have done the same. Finding items in various locations might reveal a direction of travel... that would be my thinking if I were involved in such a situation.

We've had this ironed out for awhile. Earlier post by JnRyan post #287 thread 20...

More of our conflicting info. The sheriff stated "items" plural - I definitely heard that in the video. Lauren Scharf in her most recent video asked (CBI spokesperson?) if it was an "item", singular or "items", plural. The response she got was that it was definitely "item" singular. Lauren also noted that it was interesting that the CBI is correcting info previously stated by the sheriff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
QueenOfPain