Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysti88c

Reaction score
A Chaffee County woman is missing after a neighbor said she went out for a bike ride Sunday and never returned
Chaffee County woman missing since Sunday after neighbor said she went out for bike ride

Media, Maps & Timeline thread (No Discussion)

Suzanne Morphew Case Archive (developed and maintained by WS member AmandaReckonwith)

Verified Insider posting in this thread:

NatureLover (Verified friend of the Moorman family)

Verified Experts/Professionals posting in this thread:

10ofRods is a Verified Anthropologist
Angleterre is a Verified LE from England
riolove77 is a Verified Attorney (prosecutor)
Alethea is a Verified Attorney (defense)
otto is a Verified Expert
Chomsky is a Verified Attorney
angelainwi is a Certified Trauma Counselor
gitana1 is a Verified Attorney
Cassidy is a Verified Attorney
lamlawindy is a Verified Attorney (former Prosecutor, now Defence)

Suzanne Morphew FB page
Suzanne Morphew Twitter page

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39

Last edited by a moderator:
Please continue discussion here in accordance with The Rules:

Quick rundown of reminders from prior threads:

Rumors are not allowed.

A thread specific decision has been made by Tricia to allow members to discuss Barry Morphew and to speculate about him based on how he is being publicly treated by LE, information from MSM and other WS approved sources (except rumors). Do NOT sleuth him or his business and do NOT trash him.

Do not sleuth or make accusations against anyone else who is not an officially named POI/suspect.

Preview your posts to avoid broken quotes.

Lengthy personal anecdotes are off topic. Stay on topic.

Discuss the case and not each other; state your opinion and move one without arguing or bickering.

Random youtube videos or blogs are not allowed unless approval is given by Tricia or Admin.

Approved sources are MSM, LE, Profiling Evil podcast, Lauren Scharf podcast or social media, Investigation Discovery, Crimeonline, Tyson Draper (only the interview with Barry Morphew),

Do not discuss removed posts or question/challenge moderation on the thread. Doing so is subject to an automatic Time Out.

MOD NOTE - THIS POST LANDS AT RANDOM

While speculation based on the facts of the case is certainly allowed and encouraged, speculation based on no known facts in the case, such as the yet unnamed suspect could also be responsible for the Delphi murders (or other cases), is not allowed.

Please stick to the facts in this case.

Thank you :)

What is interesting about the second undisclosed site where multiple cadaver dogs hit:

-It must have been a major area of interest for LE.
-Cadaver dog resources are limited, and we saw one at the beach front and know that was an area of high interest.
-So where ever that second location is must have had similar circumstances for them to be able to allocate multiple cadaver dogs to it. (Ie - gps tracking, interview information etc...)

Also, regarding the beach front. A passive hit from a veteran dog is about as good as it gets. The term passive just means how the dog responds - either sitting or laying at their final spot where they detect the scent. It’s called passive because the dog is taught not to disturb that final location as it’s a crime scene.

Dogs freaking rule. Mans best friend indeed.

First, I totally agree that humankind does not deserve dogs but we are so blessed to have them!

Second, This is a very exciting development. There are so many indications that this site has meaning both to law-enforcement, to Barry, to the dog, and also to, in my opinion, MG.

There's a lot that MG knows, and I think while certainly the Broomfield job could have been a cover and an additional extension of Barry's alibi, I also think it was very much a way to get MG out of town, and out of the reach of law-enforcement until when Barry would imagine they had bought the bike ride story, the heat on him would pass, and clearly Barry would be in the clear. I'm not sure if the other two people there were sent for reinforcement, to make sure that MG stayed put and didn't leave, or if they too had witnessed something that Barry did not want them to talk with law-enforcement about. And of course, there's the whole hush hush money thing.

And now...we wait. Praying that these developments will lead to justice for Suzanne.

Speaking of which, my heart is heavy reading about the vigil but also amazed at the effort and dedication of all who participated in the search. Thank you to @NoSI and @TKG for their participation, pics, and detailed first-hand accounts. We are with you. Thank you for being our eyes, ears, and hearts!

I hope you’re right @MassGuy. I remember when they took down Frazee. I know that would be their preferred method but the “duck” is unstable. Looks like c@arp (stress is getting the better of him?) Lack of sleep can make one really psychotic too! I suspect the last 5 days have done a real number on his psyche!

Anyway, hoping for an uneventful arrest in a very public place. It makes for exciting news.
I still wonder if he will off himself like Fotis Dulos.

So was her body temporarily at the beach site and the bobcat used to dig a hasty grave and then moved at 5am Sunday morning and this is the second undisclosed site ?
JMO

I’m wondering if maybe they’ll find an empty cooler or something like that at the beach front? Maybe BM used that job site to dispose of evidence, and used the bobcat someplace else to bury the body?

ITA with everything you've said. I was listening to AM talking on PE and I'm pretty sure he said that when the dog hit, it also ate the grass and Chris went on to explain how the dogs are trained to hit on the smell and also the taste, or something along those lines.

It's interesting how they have given us the details and location of the passive hit at the beach area yet are keeping the other location secret, I wonder why?

Good morning ya’ll. Today could be a very big day!!! I was wondering about the Longhorn Ranch property for the secondary site specifically the well...that would also be BM’s private property. But what if someone took the dogs to the lot anyway and they made the non passive hits there? Could that complicate LE getting a search warrant? Another guess re possible site...what about a mine opening??

PE said getting a search warrant for the beach site might be complicated due to the river being government land. They said it might take a little time but if we see another excavation site go up we will know something is happening.

Also the #5 hint...I only had a chance to read a few pages last night and everyone was guessing what the “five” might mean and there were lots of posts with great ideas. This may have already been brought up this morning but on PE last night Mike said to keep thinking five and that there are five strong reasons and he also mentioned Bruce Lee. There is a famous Bruce Lee movie called Five Fingers of Death. I’m trying to decipher the meaning of the plot...it’s a revenge story about good guy vs. evil guys who killed a loved one and the bad guys ambush him and don’t fight fair and eventually Bruce Lee masters the technique called the “iron fist” and beats his enemies...or something like that!

I’d also be surprised if the beach site is a burial site,
CM did stress the fact that the dogs would also hit on maybe equipment that had been used there and had the scent on it.

JMO maybe a piece of equipment that had a “mechanical thing” done to it? << this is my speculation. Chris didn’t say this part.

This is what I have been thinking too. If the cadavarine was transferred there, into soil at the riverside beach, from the bobcat it makes even more sense why LE were so keen to know accurately from Barry where he changed the bobcat attachments and at what time. The bobcat’s location (with dodgy attachment) prior to the riverside is key I think.

I’d also be surprised if the beach site is a burial site,
CM did stress the fact that the dogs would also hit on maybe equipment that had been used there and had the scent on it.

JMO maybe a piece of equipment that had a “mechanical thing” done to it? << this is my speculation. Chris didn’t say this part.

JMO

Perhaps the Bobcat loaded on the trailer in the picture is headed to the car wash.

Maybe BM is getting leary about all the Bobcat talk and thinks it needs a good washing.

There may be a big truck wash nearby that he could take it to.

My guess, Barry isn't too happy with the friend who released this photo
Maybe, maybe not. I suspect initially Barry figured this photo would work in his favour, you know, grieving Barry, so heartbroken. :rolleyes: What he didn’t count on is that others are so much smarter than he is and saw it for was it was, theatrics! Not so smart Barry thinking he could outsmart LE and everyone else. Not working out so well for him :)
JMHO

This is what I have been thinking too. If the cadavarine was transferred there, into soil at the riverside beach, from the bobcat it makes even more sense why LE were so keen to know accurately from Barry where he changed the bobcat attachments and at what time. The bobcat’s location (with dodgy attachment) prior to the riverside is key I think.
Yes this! What was it PE said early on about an attachment at a pawn shop or mechanics? I can't remember...

Is there a #5 Mine in the area?
#5 Forest Road?
5 in spanish- town or mountain named in Spanish?

I think there's more reasons that MG beat feet out of state. Maybe since she's distanced herself she's been more forthcoming with info she was
afraid to divulge earlier.
She's the key to the beach site and BM's time table here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper