Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #40

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The bolded. It's possible I'm misunderstanding. Are you saying that LE told AM to search a specific area with dogs? Who said this as fact? IMO - that just doesn't ring as true or make sense. While I don't believe LE will be conducting any large scale searches for SM like in the early days of this investigation, they will absolutely conduct a search based on new evidence, as an example. That's their job. I believe this is still a very active case.

IMO - if there's an area LE believes should be searched, they will do it themselves, with resources they want, including the dogs they want to bring in.

I sometimes go against the grain of many opinions and it's not intentional. I just find myself there at times. I've been bothered by the info being released by the PE guys, especially since Saturday night and specifically about the dogs. It just creates so much confusion with the public. It made me very itchy. Let me be clear, that this opinion has nothing to do with AM. This is a dude, with no LE experience, who is just trying to find his sister. He can say whatever he wants. IMO.
Before LE takes any action, wouldn't they search that area with their own search dogs first? I would think they would want to confirm the hit on the same area, especially since the dog Andy used was retired and may be more likely to make a mistake.

Also, since Andy was with the dog much of the time would that have caused the dog to be confused? As opposed to just working alone with it's handler? Is it possible that the dog sensed their anticipation or interest in that area and was excited and eager to please?

What makes a dog a veteran dog? Is it simply because of age or could there be other reasons? TIA!

According to AM, yes. MK asks AM if the one of the sites has FBI sitting on it and AM responds YES. Beginning at 8:00

8:00
okay so so yeah let me let me maybe
differentiate between
the two andy
uh the one of beech was a
passive hit by a cadaver dog
several passes just enough of an
indication that it warrants that that
thing has to be investigated further
but um yesterday uh with
two separate cadaver dogs you had a hit
in a
single location that was a solid hit
that indicated that that that absolutely
uh needed and that's the one that that
fbi has been sitting on for the last
couple days is that right
yeah when i passed there this evening
there were five cars sitting on that
so
yeah i mean that's that's really
substantial that's
you don't put five people on a weekend
at a site

Catching up and I just wanted to thank everyone for all the informative posts. There have been lots of promising updates like this one so "Thank You" to everyone for all that has been shared about this case.

Lets hope one or two of the recent updates helps LE get whatever evidence they need to solve this case and file appropriate charges if necessary.

I wonder what the searchers are doing today, if they are full-on or at a slightly more relaxed pace than the first couple of days? Searching for hours every day, up mountains and in higher altitudes is hard work and can be grueling. This is day #5, if they aren't feeling tired, I'll be surprised, especially those who have been there since the 24th.

The question emerging for me now is, "are they there yet?" Meaning, is there enough evidence to convince a DA to move forward on charging someone?

The bolded. It's possible I'm misunderstanding. Are you saying that LE told AM to search a specific area with dogs? Who said this as fact? IMO - that just doesn't ring as true or make sense. While I don't believe LE will be conducting any large scale searches for SM like in the early days of this investigation, they will absolutely conduct a search based on new evidence, as an example. That's their job. I believe this is still a very active case.

IMO - if there's an area LE believes should be searched, they will do it themselves, with resources they want, including the dogs they want to bring in.

I sometimes go against the grain of many opinions and it's not intentional. I just find myself there at times. I've been bothered by the info being released by the PE guys, especially since Saturday night and specifically about the dogs. It just creates so much confusion with the public. It made me very itchy. Let me be clear, that this opinion has nothing to do with AM. This is a dude, with no LE experience, who is just trying to find his sister. He can say whatever he wants. IMO.

I think it’s worth remembering that LE had exhausted their resources (time, money & manpower) in searching for SM which was a big reason for AM’s search. So I don’t think we can say they’d search it themselves.

I guess I should have prefaced my comment with a MOO, but given how limited cadaver dogs are (both in AM’s search and availability to LE) I would imagine they were only used in areas that LE had indicated to AM were of very high interest to them.

It’s quite possible that LE searched that exact location multiple times but never had access to cadaver dogs during those searches.

Video of Andy at link:

He told his search group this morning that they’re taking the dogs and headed to search in Turret, CO today as a result of psychic information.

Turret is a old gold mining town 12.8 miles North of Salida.

https://twitter.com/profilingevil/status/1310593096439136258?s=21

I find myself hoping this is intended to give a particular someone the idea that the search has produced nothing relevant and is [still] heading out in random/unlikely directions.

I had the same impression about the conflicting messages about when the search was to end. One message was intended to give a certain impression to a certain person while the other plan was the actual plan, and unfortunately not all the players being broadcast (PE and Andy) were up on the strategy.

IMO JMO MOO

taking the dogs and headed to search in Turret, CO today as a result of psychic information.

hmmmmmm. Part of me is like "yay!" but also the other part of me is like "SMH" Have any of these psychics been correct in searches this week? I always roll my eyes when the psychic says things like, "s/he's near a tree, and some water, in a rugged area, there are some small houses." (ok, that describes 90% of a lot of places).

Last edited:
I find myself hoping this is intended to give a particular someone the idea that the search has produced nothing relevant and is [still] heading out in random/unlikely directions.

I had the same impression about the conflicting messages about when the search was to end. One message was intended to give a certain impression to a certain person while the other plan was the actual plan, and unfortunately not all the players being broadcast (PE and Andy) were up on the strategy.

IMO JMO MOO

I think it’s also prudent to examine any sites—regardless of how the suggestion arose—that will become harder to access under winter conditions.

I believe we are all in for unpredictable weather patterns this year, which just rounds out the whole 2020 as dumpster fire plot to which we’ve been subjected.

Before LE takes any action, wouldn't they search that area with their own search dogs first? I would think they would want to confirm the hit on the same area, especially since the dog Andy used was retired and may be more likely to make a mistake.

Also, since Andy was with the dog much of the time would that have caused the dog to be confused? As opposed to just working alone with it's handler? Is it possible that the dog sensed their anticipation or interest in that area and was excited and eager to please?

What makes a dog a veteran dog? Is it simply because of age or could there be other reasons? TIA!

I believe a veteran dog refers to a cadaver dog that has had multiple positive identifications of finding a buried dead body.

I’m also not sure that LE would bring in a cadaver dog to confirm. I think it would just depend on their availability to a cadaver dog as they are a finite and limited resource even in LE. If LE debriefed the handler and was able to verify everything, they could possibly proceed with ground penetrating radar or something similar to confirm.

Based on the photos that were shown of house search the dog's handler was right there with it going through their search protocols. AM described and narrated that sequence last night on PE.

I immediately think of those large black tubs
that rootpruned, growing trees are in when sold.
Maybe they located one of those big pots along with remains. ???
Wiki:
In January 2018, Project Prism investigators obtained evidence connecting two disappearances to Bruce McArthur, a 66-year-old self-employed landscaper, whom they arrested on January 18, 2018.

Police say that they found evidence in McArthur's apartment leading to homicide charges and that they found the dismembered remains of several men in planter boxes at a residence where McArthur stored landscaping equipment.

Last edited by a moderator:
At the end of PE last night the hosts are talking about the people that are involved and should come forward and cooperate because PE knows who they are. Then they go right into talking about 5, remember 5.

It makes me think that maybe they are hinting at 5 people being involved. BM, TN, GD, MG, CC????

Was the other area (where 2 different dogs sat), away from AM and his group? If so, that is an area of much bigger interest. MOO.

hmmmmmm. Part of me is like "yay!" but also the other part of me is like "SMH" Have any of these psychics been correct in searches this week? I always roll my eyes when the psychic says things like, "s/he's near a tree, and some water, in a rugged area, there are some small houses." (ok, that describes 90% of a lot of places).
my first thought is maybe LE wants to get AM and some searchers "out of the way" and not near the 'happenings'.

Video of Andy at link:

He told his search group this morning that they’re taking the dogs and headed to search in Turret, CO today as a result of psychic information.

Turret is a old gold mining town 12.8 miles North of Salida.

https://twitter.com/profilingevil/status/1310593096439136258?s=21

The searches were planned/scheduled to go through Tuesday.

Ending them early would demand an explanation.

"It's too soon," as BM would say.

The show must go on.

JMO.

he did allow it but nothing formal, I believe it was a very low key "hey its just me and Andy and we have a dog here, can we peek around your yard?" situation. MOO
Hoping for search warrant #3 inside the house for anything LE might have missed, if possible.

I about fell out of my chair when they announced this. Granted, its not much of a sacrifice when you know there's nothing to find. LE has already conducted 2 searches at the house and BMs had alot of time to make sure anything let thats was incriminating got removed. JMO but maybe BM finally got in touch with a lawyer or a media consultant and they let him know how much cooperating with LE (or at least the appearance of it) would help turn his public image around. it may have been likely BM knew another warrant was coming so instead of waiting for it, hes taking the opportunity to let them in on his own so he can no say in interviews "he helped with the case, and the search and is cooperating" And hey just making a statement not directed at anyone but Judges like to see that a criminal feels remorse for their crimes, and things like this (shallow or not) can be used to show someone was helping LE and not working against them. Cooperation and remorse are absolutely taken into account during sentencing

Same opinion here on psychic visions. I’m too much of a realist I guess.

Plant DNA? Tree Invoices?
The tree paper work could be pretty big. Beyond just the paper work, plant DNA should be able to tie a tree(s) back to the nursery. MOO.
... I've heard of plant DNA identifying such, but not from a specific crop, from a specific nursery as I thought (as a garderner) that they were *clones* and babies from a mother.. Has anyone else and can educate us for such?
@Barry @dixiegirl1035 Sorry if already answered & discussed. W a verrry quick search, I found this but we (or speaking for myself, I) may need help w interpreting.
---Forensic Botany: Using Plant Evidence to Aid in Forensic Death Investigation
" ... forensic botany first requires the identification of the plant species by morphological characteristics, microscopy, or molecular biology (2-6). After the species has been identified by its class characteristics, then an attempt to individualize the sample is made. The effectiveness of source attribution of plant material will depend on how unique the species is to the geographic area and its genetic history (7). If a plant is very rare, source attribution may not be difficult; however, many plants may require DNA testing to confirm that the evidentiary sample originated from a
source plant, if generated by seed, or a source population if generated by clonal reproduction..." bbm http://neuron.mefst.hr/docs/CMJ/issues/2005/46/4/16100764.pdf

First US case w plant DNA used to convict, in 1992 death. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA_profilingDNA

"
Leaves, seeds and pollen found either on a body or at the scene of a crime can offer valuable information regarding the timescales of a crime and also if the body has been moved between two or more different locations. The forensic study of pollen is known as forensic palynology and can often produce specific findings of location of death, decomposition and time of year. The knowledge of systematics leads to identification of evidences at crime scene. The morphological and anatomical study revels in collection of samples from crime scene and its in vitro analysis. It leads to proper submission of evidences in court of law." bbm Forensic biology - Wikipedia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denny