Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #40

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn’t the gut-punch it sounds like.

We’ve heard reports of scents, but nothing stating that remains had been recovered.

The Daily Mail did make the leap that the scent means the body is definitely there, but we all know better.

They’ll need a warrant, they’ll need a team, and then they’ll need to get to work. It’s too early to know at this point, and the Sheriff isn’t going to confirm a thing until they know.

Could that be a well surrounded by blocks and there is a big dirt pile next to it so maybe it’s from digging out the well? I know nothing about wells but surely someone else here does?

I'm not sure about wells in Colorado, but we have a well at our house. It is a pipe about 6 inches in diameter, that sticks up above the ground a couple of feet. The dirt could be from the digging of the well, but it seems like more than you'd get from an average well, depending on how deep they had to go to get water. It's dug straight down with a well-drilling rig (google it) so the hole is not big enough for a body, nor would the well driller leave it open for anyone to put anything in it. It's important to keep the water as clean as possible.

We’ve heard reports of scents, but nothing stating that remains had been recovered.

The Daily Mail did make the leap that the scent means the body is definitely there, but we all know better.

They’ll need a warrant, they’ll need a team, and then they’ll need to get to work. It’s too early to know at this point, and the Sheriff isn’t going to confirm a thing until they know.
It's just boiler plate for "We've had 400 calls in the last hour".

NEW: The Chaffee County Sheriff's Office just reported that "contrary to some media reports, there have been no remains found in the #SuzanneMorphew case."

There have, however, been a "handful of potential leads," the sheriff's office said. So far, nothing connected to the case.

The sheriff's office added that investigators will not comment on the specifics of these leads since this is an open investigation. #SuzanneMorphew
https://twitter.com/stephaniebutzer/status/1310682373462212608?s=21

But they have had 24 hours or more to get that SW. You are an optimist Mr. MassGuy. I know that’s a good thing but...

If, and a big if, there are human remains found on a property owned by BM, and the remains are positively identified as SM’s,
then I give BM about 25 seconds before he is arrested.

JMO

If they dig up an elk carcass I’m going to have a BM worthy temper tantrum! It sounds pretty definite that veteran cadaver dogs have demonstrated multiple non passive hits using different dogs at this location two days in a row. They would not mix up the scent of human body decomposition with an animal due to their experience and training. Correct? This has got to be Suzanne. Unless BM has done something very sneaky to throw off LE and searchers. But I don’t think any other scent would fool the dogs.

Barry's likely not in custody yet, but it's likely that the girls are not with him at this time.

I would think that is an unmarked FBI SUV at the site?
not necessarily guarding it from Andy OR BM but they need to preserve it from just anyone.

I have a feeling he had the "good" idea of putting that driveway down fast, and in a specific spot.

there could be an elk buried there. and in that case, they had better keep digging deeper.

all jmo

I'm wondering about LS. Do you think she is "being protected" by LE or FBI? I'm thinking the same for MG? I know it is alleged that MG left the CO area to get away but it seems very coincidental that they are both MIA. JMO

It appears execution of an alleged S.W. has not started yet at that particular site. I opined yesterday I would be surprised if a S.W. execution had started yesterday on any alerted site. Perhaps they'll start later today or tomorrow. It's already almost 3pm MDT in Salida.

NEW: The Chaffee County Sheriff's Office just reported that "contrary to some media reports, there have been no remains found in the #SuzanneMorphew case."

There have, however, been a "handful of potential leads," the sheriff's office said. So far, nothing connected to the case.

The sheriff's office added that investigators will not comment on the specifics of these leads since this is an open investigation. #SuzanneMorphew
Hey Gordian, I see you are here. What are your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025