Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #41

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
brilliant. thank you. i've always been a big fan of the "follow the money" approach, and your answer has opened several new doors.
Oh good. Wasn’t sure - I could probably look it up because it would be public record but I don't think I can ask contacts at RTD to pull anything... at this point I don’t think we can sleuth BM or his biz interests.
Sometimes subcontractors don’t show up in city docs. It is not unusual for a large contractor to have a smaller contractor clear a site or do other tasks like site prep, or lay pipe, especially if main contractor is focused on construction and not dirt moving or planting.

Pardon my ignorance but does anyone know what the big circle is? Just Curious :)

UFO landing strip?
DM has been on this case since the beginning.
All the telephoto shots are theirs. Usually bad facts reporting but excellent photos.
Too bad about LS, she was earning her way in this.

And pictures speak a thousand words. Like peanut butter.

omg the tree exists!
color me surprised!
that plot looked barren to me.

Andy is not on PE live because he is at BM new property "checking out a tree"

ETA: cadaver dog hit on this tree twice
924A4D25-B434-4A02-85DD-F43A5BFE981C.jpeg

Last edited:
Is it possible LE's plan is to downplay the search for now until they get confirmation that the remains are in fact SM ?? So as not to inflame BM to do something rash and tip him off that things are about to change radically for him?

I believe this is exactly what is going on, but it's a little late now that a lot of cats have gotten out of bags. LE may have seriously underestimated the interest and speed of rumors and information in this new age of social media. They may also have underestimated a brother's passion and dedication to finding his sister and in having to be less involved, perhaps did not really think anything would be found so they did not communicate about what should be and shouldn't be communicated to media before confirmation.

I'm still cautiously hopeful. But also realistic about the timelines we're looking at here. A few days at least till we hear one way or another.

Last edited:
also from that article:

Moorman, on his fifth day of a massive volunteer search for Morphew, said the German shepherds have previously “hit” on a riverfront property where her husband, Barry, had been working for his landscape business, and on the entrance to a housing development,
That leads me to believe that she’s in bits and pieces. :(
I really, really hope that isn’t true.

BBM:

It's more than possible.
It's probable.

I don't know how to state this more plainly:
Way, way, WAAAAAY too much is being read into LE's most recent public statement.
And what IS being read is being read completely inaccurately by a lot of people.

Of course LE is going to downplay developments right now.
LE doesn't deal in speculation.
LE deals in facts.

LE told us they received new leads, and that they're following up on those leads.
What more do people think the public is entitled to know right now?

Because I'll tell you what more the public is entitled to know right now:
Nothing.
Not one single, solitary, blessed thing.

LE's obligation is to Suzanne. Their mandate is to ensure justice for Suzanne.
They're not going to do, or say, anything that would jeopardize that outcome.
There are legal ramifications for every word LE utters, and every step LE takes at this point.
They are not going to risk making any misstep, including inadvertently putting the proverbial foot in mouth.

There's also a bad actor who's still out roaming around a free man.

Why would LE update him on their progress?

JMO.

And how many large searches have LE already accomplished? 10?
If the house is 2 and the riverside place is 1, we don't even know about the other 7, right?

My point is, IMO, they have kept everything under radar so far, why stop?

Exchange on PE:
Mike: (to Chris) Do we know what the status of that place is? Is that place still being watched by law enforcement?
Chris: No
Mike: OK. Well it’s a troubling question, hopefully law enforcement has justification as to why they haven’t.​

PE - So Andy is probing not on the beach, but on the property side of the wall.

That picture was from yesterday or the day before (if we're wondering about PE"s statements regarding Andy's current whereabouts).

I get the feeling that the PE guys and AM are not in sync.

I sure hope LE is taking those dog hits seriously.

Seriously? Someone plants A TREE with a ring of odd landscape rock adjacent to absolutely nothing? One tree in a context of pretty much nothing else?

As of last night, 2 independent cadaver dogs hit on that tree and then 5 fbi agents guarded it but no one is there now?

So Andy is going back to see if the tree has been displaced and back to the river site to see if those rocks have been removed.

Trouble in river city?

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members