Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the remains are not Suzanne’s, this story does give a glimmer of hope that she might still be found one day. At least with all of the super outdoorsy folk here, there is a chance that hikers, bikers, trail runners, kayakers, campers and hunters might still find Suzanne.

Yes and the upcoming gun hunting seasons will surely add lots of boots in remote areas. I am keeping the faith she can be found sooner or later.

Thank you.
I didn't know this.
ETA
He must have been pretty confident that nothing would appear amiss.
MOO

He must have thought heavy bleach would wipe out any traces of blood. Wonder if it was just in the garage, attached or all over the house.
But follow me here:
4:00 pm ish she’s spotted in town. By midnight, her FB is sending out weird friend requests. She’s killed in that 8 hour time span. He cleaned up with bleach either before midnight, probably, or could not sleep, and after. I’m with before. He slept like a rock. No worries.
4:00 am Barry leaves but lies and tells LE he left at 5:00. He needed an hour. So that’s an hour he has to load up her body, load the bike. Drive wherever he’s has planned to drop the bike to make it look like a lion abduction, plants a helmet or whatever it was that was found further out, and do something with her body. Then keep driving to set up his alibi.

Human remains found in Saguache County - KRDO

State & Regional News

SAGUACHE, Colo. (KRDO) — The Colorado Bureau of Investigation is helping investigate after hikers discovered human remains in an area near an abandoned mine in Saguache County on Friday.

The Saguache County Sheriff’s Office asked Colorado Bureau of Investigation agents from its Grand Junction regional office to investigate the remains to determine the identity of the person as well as the cause of death.

The remote location where the remains were found is in the western part of the county near the Hinsdale County line.

A body was found by hikers near an abandoned mine in Saguache County yesterday - @CBI_Colorado

Investigators say the body appears to have been there for “quite some time.”

There’s no evidence that connects the case to missing mother Suzanne Morphew from Salida at this time.
https://twitter.com/juliadonovantv/status/1312531374738296832?s=21

They're calling it a body, not human remains.

To me, that implies that the person hasn't been there for years and years.

If the report had said that hikers came across what are suspected to be human bones or partial human remains, then it would definitely indicate that the person had been out there for years vs. month.

"Quite some time," is very vague, nebulous language.
It could mean years...or it could mean months...or it could mean weeks.

Given that another woman went missing from that very county back in 2016, it's more likely to be KR than SM, but I think that given both the direction (southwest of Salida) and the distance from Salida, it's entirely possible that this could be SM.

I don't know that it's probable, but it's possible.

Somebody's family is going to be getting some answers soon, either way.

JMO.

Last edited:
It would be great to know if the church camp too got rescheduled 2x because of Covid the same period the wall repair did. I know I may keep on dreaming...

The country was still in Stage 1 when SM disappeared and Idaho was no different to establish and publish it's staged openings. While the Colorado-Idaho was not closed during Stage 1, travel was requested restricted for essential purposes and 14-day self-quarantine for people entering Idaho to prevent the influx of out-of-state visitors.

I'm in complete support of the family saying whatever they want to protect SM's daughters and if they want to tell the public that they traveled from Colorado to Idaho for a church camp/retreat that's fine with me -- it doesn't mean I have to believe it's true! MOO

Stages of Reopening

ETA:
To be clear, Idaho is in-fact home to many youth church camps but IMO, I think many shared this same type of message this year.

A random example:

2020 SUMMER CAMPS- CANCELLED

After much prayer and consideration, our Board of Directors made the difficult decision to cancel the 2020 summer camp season due to the unprecedented health challenges presented by COVID-19. Our biggest priority is the safety of campers and staff, and as hard as it was to make, we are confident our decision is the most prudent course of action. This decision was not made lightly and can only be met with His comforting words:

“but for those who hope in the Lord

will renew their strength.

They will soar on wings like eagles;

they will run and not grow weary,

they will work and not be faint.”

-Isaiah 40:31

Intermountain Christian Camp - Camps - CANCELLED- ALL 2020 Summer Camps

Saguache is a neighboring county to Chaffee County and although this is not related to SM, I'd like to think that the search efforts by team Andy inspired another that will now bring closure to the family of another missing person. No stones left unturned, and no efforts in vain.

Julia Donovan KRDO[URL='https://twitter.com/JuliaDonovanTV']@JuliaDonovanTV[/URL]

A body was found by hikers near an abandoned mine in Saguache County yesterday -@CBI_Colorado
Investigators say the body appears to have been there for “quite some time.” There’s no evidence that connects the case to missing mother Suzanne Morphew from Salida at this time.

4:14 PM · Oct 3, 2020·

Cancelled twice. At least in Texas, construction, repair, remodeling is a necessary business or whatever they call it. So the jobs in CO would not have been cancelled due to COVID if CO was leaving construction as a necessary business.
SO.... he set up her murder twice but both times something came up so he couldn’t get it done. And cancelled the Brookfield job. Both times. Not thinking he’d be able to kill her mother’s day weekend, he did not reschedule Brookfield. But the opportunity came up, he ran with it then called to reset the Broomfield job.
Yes? No? What do you all think?

Reportedly, the wall was built last year and BM needed to repair deficient work by one of his meth-head employees (as told to AM by BM). I don't doubt that BM had some deficient work to repair in Broomfield for RTD and it was just a coincidence. No doubt BM was feeling clever how he took advantage of this for his alibi.

Reportedly, the wall was built last year and BM needed to repair deficient work by one of his meth-head employees (as told to AM by BM). I don't doubt that BM had some deficient work to repair in Broomfield for RTD and it was just a coincidence. No doubt BM was feeling clever how he took advantage of this for his alibi.
And yet, all of that came from BM. The wall, the repair. Does he have connections to RTD? I think he has.

That very well could be, but why was BM acting strange to MG on Saturday morning at the beach site? Banging my head against the wall trying to figure the timeline out.
Maybe this points to premeditation. He already knew he was going to kill her. One last time to make Suzanne happy, give her some last happy final moments, a hike or bike experience, a nice lunch, before saying goodbye.

Does anyone know if Barry took the Bobcat with him to Broomfield?
We don’t know. He sure does like to take it everywhere with him though, as we saw him towing it during the search.

I’d be shocked if he didn’t have it with him, as the fact that he mentioned it to Lauren is telling. CBI thinks it’s important.

We don’t know. He sure does like to take it everywhere with him though, as we saw him towing it during the search.

I’d be shocked if he didn’t have it with him, as the fact that he mentioned it to Lauren is telling. CBI thinks it’s important.
CBI does? You mean the fact that he mentioned screwing around with it that didn't jibe?Paraphrasing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966