Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #43

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know what time Suzanne was last texting her friend about the wedding? That seems to be the last time anyone had definite contact with her but I don't remember if we ever got a timeframe for when that occurred. The information about sending or accepting friend requests is new stuff just coming out and I feel like it definitely could have been BM using her phone to try and stage yet another scenario. Maybe he was going to try and use that like "see she added all these friends and then disappeared maybe one of them took her or she ran off with one of them." Neither of those scenarios are believable in my opinion but I could see him trying to convince people of that for sure.

I'd say it's Barry's (blatant) attempt to show that he doesn't know where that baby blue helmet is.

Oddly, though, how does he know it's missing? It's as if he knows it's out there somewhere, to be found. Surely it should still be on Suzanne's head as she wanders through the woods, disoriented from her biking accident? Or found near the rest of her body parts, if a lion ate her? Or removed by her abductor - but why would an abductor throw it in the trash in Poncha? Or anywhere?

An abductor has a reason to throw a phone out the window (even smarter to throw it into the creek, so that it is damaged and possibly never found).

I've been stymied by the lack of use of metal detectors (that we know of) in this case. We didn't see them at the beach property nor the Salida lot (or at any other time - but perhaps LE was clandestine).
Thank you.
Much of this is starting to look chaotic. Like the Denver thing.

After all we know now, the last paragraph where Barry explains how Suzanne went missing very clearly highlights his set-up. He had to bring the bike into focus, so when it was discovered it would explain her missing status.

In his head it all made sense, he had a solid storyline & alibi. Barry never in his wildest dreams would envision the position he's in today.

His rendition leaves out so many crucial details, that he was involved with. I'm still amazed he spoke to TD in such detail.

ITA
BM had no idea "in his wildest dreams" how tenacious a guilty conscience can be.

Assuming BM has a conscience ( could be a faulty assumption), I believe it will be screaming at him and haunting him until he dies.

I suspect his move to Poncha Springs was a futile attempt to be physically removed from the site of SM's death.

I believe BM is now realizing he cannot escape the hell on Earth he created by taking SM's life on Mother's Day weekend.

Even if BM moves to a colony on Mars, he cannot escape himself, IMO.

My hope is that eventually BM will be compelled by his guilty conscience to come clean to LE.

Please, BM, tell where "the love of your life since 1988" is currently located.

If you cannot do this for yourself, BM, please do this for your two precious daughters.
MOO

I believe it was Barry messing about - I can see why he would think making friend requests would give the impression that Suzanne was still alive and well, the time doesn't really bother me too much - there is a time difference between CO and IN, what I am trying to figure out is if it was male only 'friend requests' - why not mixed gender 'friend requests'? Why only men? imo

Yeah, Barry. WHY? (Because I think it's only a question he could answer).

JMO

Replying to my own post to add: I may have misinterpreted @NatureLover Post #655 with regard to BM's mom and sister traveling to CO together by car. Hopefully @NatureLover can clarify. In the meantime, please take that part of my post as my speculation and opinion only. Thank you! :oops:
IMO Nature Lover was only speculating that BM’s Mom might have traveled to Colorado with the aunt because of the Mom’s age , she would probably not make the drive alone. Makes sense, but they (NatureLover) also said that would explain the Mom being with BM in TD’s encounter video.

TD did not run into them until May 30.

I believe it was Barry messing about - I can see why he would think making friend requests would give the impression that Suzanne was still alive and well, the time doesn't really bother me too much - there is a time difference between CO and IN, what I am trying to figure out is if it was male only 'friend requests' - why not mixed gender 'friend requests'? Why only men? imo

If it was only men - He probably couldn’t remember the women so well and found those he did remember were already Suzanne’s FB friends

eta :moo

I remember one of Barry's Indiana buddies came to Colorado to elk hunt. He supposedly had a conversation with Suzanne about her health and mountain biking. I can't find a MSM link and don't remember where that info came from. Anyone else recall what I'm talking about?

Point was she had received the all clear and was not afraid of riding her bike on the trails. This would have been in late 2019, so it indicates she was riding.

Barry told Lauren "“Suzanne went on a bike ride every day, Lauren. She was an avid biker. If she did not bike around the subdivision, she biked on trails. I don’t remember how the conversation went, but I probably said something like, ‘is her bike there?’ Because her car was there and she’s gone,” Barry said.
Video with Barry here Search for Suzanne Morphew pushes on despite silence from Chaffee County Sheriff | FOX21 News Colorado

I think you mean this article, only I’m unable to open it in my location to check it.
Two months into search for missing Chaffee County mother, investigators “aggressively working this case” | FOX21 News Colorado

I wondered if perhaps these men were all friends of Andys. In which case she was simply friending her brothers friends... or someone was making it look that way

But is BM really a devoted Christian? My bet it’s on Suzanne (by what I’ve seen posted by her). I think he was going to church to keep up this perfect family image and maybe to network and build up his landscaping business.

I haven’t seen one outward Christian trait in him. He has never mentioned his wife by her Christian name. Heck! He hasn’t even searched for her or gone to any vigil!

Nope! BM is no Christian in my book. MOO
What is SM’s Christian name? When would a husband refer to his wife by her Christian name?

What is SM’s Christian name? When would a husband refer to his wife by her Christian name?
We were talking BM as a Christian persona. Her name in fact is of Christian descent, Suzanne. He never mentions her name. Except once in the 26-second infomercial. He avoids it. I wonder why?

BTW, I'm not religious so this is not a post about religious beliefs.

MOD NOTE:

Just a reminder from @sillybilly's post on page one:

A thread specific decision has been made by Tricia to allow members to discuss Barry Morphew and to speculate about him based on how he is being publicly treated by LE, information from MSM and other WS approved sources (except rumors).

Do NOT sleuth him or his business
and do NOT trash him.

Yeah, Barry. WHY? (Because I think it's only a question he could answer).

JMO
Perhaps he purposefully picked men. Perhaps for a couple of reasons. Maybe to make it look like she was "in the wrong" like she was seeking out the attention of other men. Perhaps to justify in his psyche why he did what he did. Maybe, he felt that she was the "out of control" crazy person, or unstable, as he witnessed her growing opposition to his control unfold. Perhaps he was so controlling (likely based in his extreme narcissist psyche) that he was looking at the profiles of men that could possibly be influencing her or that might be causing her oppositional behavior towards him. Or, maybe he wanted it to look like it might have been one of these guys that "offed" her? Maybe in the depths of his insecurity, he was comparing himself to these men? Perhaps in his twisted mind, validating what he did. Pure speculation, of course. MOO

MOO
The TN SM appeal fund needs to now go up as a reward for finding SM alive, her body or evidence leading to the arrest of a suspect.

The fund is/was in her name, donors gave money to support finding her, so no matter who is the formal "beneficiary" is, the purpose of the monies is now soley to support finding Suzanne.

Unless the benficiary is out looking for SM full time, the money now and immediately needs to be used and a reward adverised to motivate others to look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member