Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #44

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
An 'as is' home sell can mean that the seller has no intention of fixing anything found during inspection.
Yes, when we have sold places “as is” it means we have no intention of fixing, changing or repairing anything...what you see during showings or uncover in an inspection is what you get.” It is not an unusual thing to see in a listing.

Selling 'as is' might mean it'll be a remote sale. It's entirely possible that Elvis has left the building.

For those following the Stauch case, we weren't surprised when the stepthing was arrested; we were surprised when she was arrested in a completely different state.

I hope LE has a bell on the boy. IMO we can't be sure he's still in the area.

Time will tell.

JMO

Don't quote me but imo it was Andy the brother who claimed one of the L.E. investigators told him of the smell at house and Andy told either youtuber or Lauren . Can't provide link but maybe in timeline? The hotel bleach was Megan and her co-hort and I believe the usual suspect again on youtube imo

I do not for one second think that AM is just throwing around accusations of bleach smells for the hell of it. He was told that information from someone who made him believe it is a fact, and that someone was part of the investigation.

We not only have at least 2 witnesses who also smelled bleach at the hotel, but BM, himself, said the hotel smelled like bleach! It's really not a stretch to think that there was, indeed, a smell of bleach surrounding BM that weekend, for whatever reason. That reason, we do not know YET.

imo.

It also serves notice that he isn’t going to let a potential buyer try to negotiate unreasonably due to any stigma about the possibility of a murder occurring in the house, doublespeak for “take it or leave it”

He may have already have had offers on house, people with low offers, trying to take advantage of this factor.

This may just be a reaction to that, serving notice, and funneling legitimate offers thru realtors. Higher price may be indication he neither needs or wants to sell house.

BBM

Then why list the house for sale in the first place?

BBM

Then why list the house for sale in the first place?
Barry Morphew Sits Downs With CBS4 Nearly 5 Months After His Wife's Disappearance
Barry, believes she was abducted. He told CBS4 as a result, his daughters are terrified to return to the house, and the family has been renting a home nearby for the last several weeks.

Another reason Barry felt the need to list the home is due to the extensive media coverage. He has been recorded against his will and had curious strangers wander onto the property.

We don't know when that letter/card was written to BM. It could have been five years ago. And to me, it sounds almost pleading and like she was saying, remember what we had? I do think Suzanne was madly in love with Barry. I have serious doubts if BM loves anyone other than himself.

In his most recent interview, he floats the abduction theory again, apparently having abandoned the mountain lion theory for good. He doesn't plead for her return, he won't show his face on camera, and just to keep it classy, he insinuates her family didn't care about her.

Yep, totally the behavior of an innocent spouse.

There is a lady missing in Belle Isle FL right now, who's husband has been front and center from the get go, pleading tearfully for her return and for help and information. Apples and oranges as far as the spouse's behavior.

MOO and my speculation

Totally agree. Also, factor in the lockdown and pandemic. A whole lot of togetherness.

I’m not convinced that letter was from this VDay, but if it was, it’s almost like she was begging him to remember the good times. That letter really makes me so sad for SM. I bet she was such a good person.

Or a preface to a planned, heart to heart talk with BM. (SM was an educated woman -- living with BM for 25+ years should have also earned her a doctorate)! MOO

I'm starting to believe that Barry has disposed of the body in a way that its going to be extremely unlikely she will ever be found. With all his years working in landscaping along with being an avid hunter, God only knows the amount of discreet off grid types of places that he's either travel to or worked on or near over all the years. His access to and knowledge of various different kinds of heavy machinery and equipment etc, There's a very good chance he's either put her somewhere or done something with the body to make it almost impossible to find.

His seemingly brazen attitude also makes me suspect he is confident she won't be found either. I hope i am wrong but that's the feeling i have at this time.

As for the Valentine's Day card, it's another glimpse into Suzanne's loveliness.

It's also a telling snapshot.

One hallmark among many of gaslighting is the sly ability of the controller to get the controllee to apologize for the controller's behavior. "Oh, love of my life, you know I would never hurt you. I only did that because you made me." And when patterns like that exist, the dominated partner assumes that responsibility. "I'm sorry I made you angry."

Her card might reflect a happier time, as I'm sure they must've had some.

But I read a subtext. A beg, please can't we remember better times and recreate that....

Further, I don't doubt that BM "loved" and "loves" his wife, insofar as he's capable of love. I suspect Suzanne did EVERYTHING she could to love him and meet his needs... and I suspect he loved THAT. Smacks of a sad codependency, like a relationship that was never in balance, ah but so subtle at first who could see it?

So he's had FIVE MONTHS to miss his wife.... and I imagine he does. She was his fixer, IMO. He'd like her back in some nebulous, not gonna happen way.

I'd sure love to know what happened with her jewelry, her clothes, her medication when he moved out of Puma Path. Drew Peterson packed up Stacy's stuff right away; he must've had a premonition she wouldn't be returning from "runaway beach location/new life".

I don't see a man behaving like she might come home.

He has literally moved on.

JMO

Last edited:
I do not for one second think that AM is just throwing around accusations of bleach smells for the hell of it. He was told that information from someone who made him believe it is a fact, and that someone was part of the investigation.

We not only have at least 2 witnesses who also smelled bleach at the hotel, but BM, himself, said the hotel smelled like bleach! It's really not a stretch to think that there was, indeed, a smell of bleach surrounding BM that weekend, for whatever reason. That reason, we do not know YET.

imo.
actually the meth head, the convict and BM stated they smelled chlorine in the hotel....AM stated LE smelled bleach in the house

Selling 'as is' might mean it'll be a remote sale. It's entirely possible that Elvis has left the building.

For those following the Stauch case, we weren't surprised when the stepthing was arrested; we were surprised when she was arrested in a completely different state.

I hope LE has a bell on the boy. IMO we can't be sure he's still in the area.

Time will tell.

JMO

Well, he was as of 2 days ago:

"CBS4 sat down with him at the house on Sunday, with no cameras, he said he wanted to share his side of the story." Barry Morphew Sits Downs With CBS4 Nearly 5 Months After His Wife's Disappearance

sbbm
As for the Valentine's Day card, it's another glimpse into Suzanne's loveliness.

It's also a telling snapshot.

One hallmark among many of gaslighting is the sly ability of the controller to get the controllee to apologize for the controller's behavior. "Oh, love of my life, you know I would never hurt you. I only did that because you made me." And when patterns like that exist, the dominated partner assumes that responsibility. "I'm sorry I made you angry."

Her card might reflect a happier time, as I'm sure they must've had some.

But I read a subtext. A beg, please can't we remember better times and recreate that....

///snipped///

JMO
That VD note could just as easily be viewed in the context of: "Even though my cancer's back and I'm devastated by that news, I remember how you got us through it, made me feel better..."

Etc. Etc. Etc.

MOO

sbbm
That VD note could just as easily be viewed in the context of: "Even though my cancer's back and I'm devastated by that news, I remember how you got us through it, made me feel better..."

Etc. Etc. Etc.

MOO

Yes, very true. But I need to interpret the card through the lens of She Is Missing. So I look to see whether it contains a clue.... whether it tells me anything about the dynamic of her relationship.

It's a whisper of the only voice she has left.

Jmo

We don't know when that letter/card was written to BM. It could have been five years ago. And to me, it sounds almost pleading and like she was saying, remember what we had? I do think Suzanne was madly in love with Barry. I have serious doubts if BM loves anyone other than himself.

In his most recent interview, he floats the abduction theory again, apparently having abandoned the mountain lion theory for good. He doesn't plead for her return, he won't show his face on camera, and just to keep it classy, he insinuates her family didn't care about her.

Yep, totally the behavior of an innocent spouse.

There is a lady missing in Belle Isle FL right now, who's husband has been front and center from the get go, pleading tearfully for her return and for help and information. Apples and oranges as far as the spouse's behavior.

MOO and my speculation

You’re absolutely right. The love letter might be years old but initially it shocked me because the interview stated:

“He shared a letter Suzanne wrote to him in February for Valentines Day. It’s the last note he has from her.“

I went back to look at the letter again and now I’m wondering if it was two different things - a note written on a Valentine’s card and a longer letter from years past. I wonder if the reporter checked the dates. Not everyone puts a date on cards though. There was no mention of the move to Colorado among the memories Suzanne mentioned in her love letter. I call it a “love” letter because it was full of love and feelings of gratitude and she said she would love him “4ever” so either something drastically changed her feelings for her husband or she didn’t see this coming at all.

Also she wrote about BM holding her during those nights in February 2013 when she was too sick to sleep. She was diagnosed with cancer in 1994 and had a relapse around the time they moved to Co but did she also have a recurrence in 2013? Maybe I missed that. <modsnip: No link to MSM or approved source to substantiate > Just curious as to what was going on in February 2013 that made Suzanne that sick. Can anyone shed any light on that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member