Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moormans apparently didn't know that BM hot temporary guardianship in Indiana UNTIL Dauly Mail, I believe, contacted them for a statement. Doesn't that imply that none of them, specifically Suzanne's father, was NOT contacted (by BM) PRIOR to that? And AFTER that, the call would be unnecessary because temp guardianship was already awarded, via the oldest daughter...

So.... I'm wondering if guardianship was an assumption but possibly NOT why BM called Suzanne's father.... did BM have OTHER papers he wanted signed? Hmmmm.... did Suzanne own anything in joint tenacity with her father? Like, say, a trust? Could there be other papers we just don't yet know about?

JMO

I am not a lawyer, for sure, but whatever it was, GM refused to sign. If it was crucial to the guardianship proceeding, I would guess that proceeding could not have moved forward so quickly without it being resolved.
If GM controls a trust, land ownership arrangement or any other fiduciary form of which SM is a part, then SM did not control it. BM could not seek to control of something in guardianship that SM did not control prior to her becoming incapacitated. IMO, IANAL

Crime Stories with Nancy Grace
BOMBSHELL: Suzanne Morphew Hubby caught searching dump for missing wife's bike helmet.

Is that supposed to say "dumpster"? Or is there a new revelation about a landfill?

She also repeatedly calls SM a "young mom". She's 50. That's not a young mom.
Nor was there any search in a "dump". UGH. So annoying.

jmo

What if LE has asked him to refrain from talking about his timeline for those few days? If they are trying to figure out who (and I think they already know if they think it's him or not), then maybe Barry not revealing anything LE hasn't mentioned is something they have asked him to do so they can trap or trip up someone else they are watching. I think that is very possible.

Good points. I agree with you about that.

The only thing I would add is that when things go south in the relationship between LE and a person that may or may not be suspected of a crime, usually the person would have no problem speaking their mind and defending themselves with whatever factual information would help to convince others they are not the ones LE should be looking at. Its sort of an "all bets are off" once the person feels they were left hanging out to dry.

We saw a little of that when the Giveme fund spokesperson was talking in support of him and the spokesperson told the public to ask LE about the condition or position of the bike.
JMO

Last edited:
As for the Valentine's Day card, it's another glimpse into Suzanne's loveliness.

It's also a telling snapshot.

One hallmark among many of gaslighting is the sly ability of the controller to get the controllee to apologize for the controller's behavior. "Oh, love of my life, you know I would never hurt you. I only did that because you made me." And when patterns like that exist, the dominated partner assumes that responsibility. "I'm sorry I made you angry."

Her card might reflect a happier time, as I'm sure they must've had some.

But I read a subtext. A beg, please can't we remember better times and recreate that....

Further, I don't doubt that BM "loved" and "loves" his wife, insofar as he's capable of love. I suspect Suzanne did EVERYTHING she could to love him and meet his needs... and I suspect he loved THAT. Smacks of a sad codependency, like a relationship that was never in balance, ah but so subtle at first who could see it?

So he's had FIVE MONTHS to miss his wife.... and I imagine he does. She was his fixer, IMO. He'd like her back in some nebulous, not gonna happen way.

I'd sure love to know what happened with her jewelry, her clothes, her medication when he moved out of Puma Path. Drew Peterson packed up Stacy's stuff right away; he must've had a premonition she wouldn't be returning from "runaway beach location/new life".

I don't see a man behaving like she might come home.

He has literally moved on.

JMO

Yes and I never really thought about the significance of him filing for a guardianship as far as what that says about his knowledge of whether she’s coming home, until today when talking about the father’s response to trying to get him (apparently) to consent.

Because anyone else would be consumed with waiting for their spouse or loved one to walk through that door. I mean I know we’ve discussed that aspect but now I’m looking at that on an even more micro level in light of Suzanne’s father’s reaction to the consent form.

Because it takes a while to prepare and file a petition. And to get a trial. And someone super desperate and focused on their spouse doesn’t give up hope so easily that at any moment, their loved one is going to walk through the door.

Even in the face of pressing, time sensitive transactions.

“Barry, as your realtor we really need to deal with the pending sale of the property.”

“Uh, I’m sorry. I don’t give a damn. She’s going to be found any moment now. They will all just have to wait.”

He didn’t do that. He sought a guardianship knowing how long it takes to get one. Looking ahead in the future, he sought a permanent guardianship. He knew she wasn’t walking in through that door again.

He is not a suspect.

Sorry. You don’t get search warrants to excavate the worksite that the husband of a missing woman was at the night before she was reported missing, when he’s not a suspect.

That’s illogical.

My biggest take away is why was Barry looking for a baby blue bike helmet in the trash at Poncha Market? Did he lose his?

My guess. He clearly knew SM's helmet was missing from the home.

If he's innocent - he's literally searching for it, everywhere, even in business trashcans/dumpsters.

If he's guilty - it's busy work for appearances sake. He knows exactly where it's at.

IMO

Oh I beg to differ.

Law enforcement rarely names POI’s or suspects anymore. That’s why you have to look at their actions.

They don’t search your house twice, excavate your worksite, tell family members your truck data doesn’t align, or that you refused a polygraph, unless they are looking right at you.

Most importantly, Barry literally said “the Sheriff’s Department screwed this whole thing up from the beginning and now they are trying to blame it on me.”

There’s a reason he’s combative, and why he feels like he’s being targeted.

That’s because he is.

Better said than I did. Exactly. It’s not logical that he’s not a suspect. Clearly he is. And he knows he is.

Yes and I never really thought about the significance of him filing for a guardianship as far as what that says about his knowledge of whether she’s coming home, until today when talking about the father’s response to trying to get him (apparently) to consent.

Because anyone else would be consumed with waiting for their spouse or loved one to walk through that door. I mean I know we’ve discussed that aspect but now I’m looking at that on an even more micro level in light of Suzanne’s father’s reaction to the consent form.

Because it takes a while to prepare and file a petition. And to get a trial. And someone super desperate and focused on their spouse doesn’t give up hope so easily that at any moment, their loved one is going to walk through the door.

“Barry, as your realtor we really need to deal with the pending sale of the property.”

“Uh, I’m sorry. I don’t give a damn. She’s going to be found any moment now. They will all just have to wait.”

He didn’t do that. He sought a guardianship knowing how long it takes to get one. Looking ahead in the future, he sought a permanent guardianship. He knew she wasn’t walking in through that door again.

Sorry. You don’t get search warrants to excavate the worksite that the husband of a missing woman was at the night before she was reported missing, when he’s not a suspect.

That’s illogical.

I think with the many businesses and her non profit, along with properties they own, it was smart for Barry to get the guardianship knowing it takes a long time. If she returned or was found, then no harm, but if months go by and then he decides he needs it, they wait several more months because it takes a while. I think it was smart and it doesn't mean he wasn't looking for his wife while that process was moving forward for the guardianship. Again, if she returned or was found, nothing is lost by him seeking the guardianship.

I think it would be careless if LE didn't investigate all leads. They had a neighbor saying she heard equipment and that was a job site of his. They investigate to eliminate also. If nothing is found, it goes in the eliminate category. They needed to search before the owners continued on building the house.

Thanks for your input. I understand the searches. I don't necessarily believe secondhand information, no matter how many times it is repeated.

What second hand info? We’ve seen and heard from LE that their home was searched, twice, per sealed search warrant, BM’s worksite where he was the night before she was reported missing was excavated and searched for three days. How is that second hand info?

And Barry himself said he’s a suspect.

Do you not believe him?

I totally agree.

What makes the bleach smell at the Motel near Denver reliable information is that we have corroborating people all telling us the same thing from their first person account. As well as BM himself telling us the room smelled like bleach. So its pretty safe to assume there was in fact a bleach smell in that room.
How it got there is the only real debate for that one.

For the house bleach smell, we only have what would be deemed as "heresay" because we dont have the officer themselves that allegedly smelled it in the house. We only have one person really claiming they had spoken to that officer to know about it. This is the type of thing where we are faced with a choice on whether we believe it or not. For me personally, I think AM is a highly credible person that would not purposely lie about something like that so I choose to believe him for now until something comes up that could go against it.

One possibility that I do consider is maybe with all the confusion of talking to so many people, the officer may have been referring to the motel and maybe AM thought he was referring to the house so it could be an honest mistake. So if it is not accurate information, then an honest mistake would be the only reason I could see it not being true and that is a possibility to consider.
JMO
I'm very curious when LE learned of the motel... if it was after the initial entry to the home where the smell of bleach May have existed - I would say there is less chance of a mixup - I believe bleach/chlorine was used in both places.
JMO

Yes. He reverted to his tried and true tactic of bashing someone who has said things that don’t put him in a positive light.

So we have “meth heads,”and someone who isn’t believable because they’ve “served prison time.”

Interestingly, he never disputed what they said.

Then Andy is attacked for not caring enough about his sister, the same woman that he organized a massive search for.

The same woman who he immediately hopped on a plane for when he learned she was missing.

Of course Barry hasn’t lifted a finger, and life goes on. I’ve seen some cold murder suspects before, but this is shocking on another level.

What a sicko.

And half of them are people he continually hired.

Please lock this down for me.

What day was the bike helmet found, and was this the same day a searcher went sidewise and showed up later at the house (or house Andy was staying at?

And how do those two events triangulate with BM's trash search?

Any significance?

Was he off searching all by himself?

Something's off.

JMO

That’s illogical.
It takes us 2-3 weeks to prepare all the documents for a "normal" guardianship - where we know where the proposed Ward is. I wonder when he contacted the IN lawyer to file this missing person guardianship - and am very curious how many other missing person guardianships have even existed prior to this one?
Guardianship was opened 6/1 - so if the IN law firm works similar to ours - that puts the contact about 3 weeks prior - right around 5/11. hmmm. Order was entered 6/5. during Covid. I've posted this before but we always try and get the immediate family (as defined in our Statute) to waive and consent so that we can present a nice little package to the judge. But our Judges require a finding of incapacity to issue Letters and apparently the uniform guardianship code doesn't - because the proposed Ward is missing. I do not like this process at all.
JMO

Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase

Financial Information
Financial Balances reflected are current representations of transactions processed by the Clerk’s Office. Please note that any balance due does not reflect interest that has accrued – if applicable – since the last payment. For questions/concerns regarding balances shown, please contact the Clerk’s Office.
Morphew, Barry L
Petitioner
Balance Due (as of 06/05/2020)
Charge Summary
Description Amount Credit Payment
Court Costs and Filing Fees 177.00 0.00 177.00
Transaction Summary
Date Description Amount
06/03/2020 Transaction Assessment
06/03/2020
Motion Filed
Motion to Waive Hearing
Filed By:
Morphew, Barry L
File Stamp:
06/01/2020
06/03/2020
Motion Filed
Motion to Sell real estate
Filed By:
Morphew, Barry L
File Stamp:
06/01/2020
06/05/2020
Hearing Scheduling Activity
Hearing on Petition to Establish Guardianship scheduled for 09/01/2020 at 10:00 AM.
06/05/2020
Order Issued
Order Approving Sale of Real Estate entered. ew
Judicial Officer:
Casati, Michael A.
Noticed:
Hoeller, Mary Jane
Order Signed:
06/05/2020
06/05/2020
Order Granting Temporary Guardianship
Judge CASATI,MICHAEL
Order Signed:
06/05/2020
06/05/2020
Letters of Guardianship Issued
Temporary Adult Guardianship
File Stamp:
06/05/2020
06/05/2020
Order Issued
Order Setting Videoconference Hearing entered. The Court schedules a hearing to be conducted as a Microsoft Teams Videoconference Hearing on Sept. 1, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. ew
Judicial Officer:
Casati, Michael A.
Noticed:
Hoeller, Mary Jane
Order Signed:
06/05/2020
09/01/2020
Hearing on Petition to Establish Guardianship
Session:
09/01/2020 10:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Casati, Michael A.
Comment:
345-MAC-permanent (by video, 30 minutes)

Recorded can also mean still photographs. Although excellent, the DM photos were intrusive. And having drones and helicopters overhead has got to be nerve-wracking.

The evidence we've seen suggests a certain person is not acting as expected, if not guilty. The optics sure look like he is involved in the disappearance of his wife. Can you imagine, though, what a nightmare this would be for an innocent person?
Innocent or not at all, Suzanne's fate probably/certainly has been much more painful than that of her loving husband. He can bear that, he is a strong man and he has an answer to every question. He doesn't need pity. IMO

The crew arriving at 11am in Broomfield and BM already being gone sure makes the chlorine smell, tools, towels and bed info all that much more intriguing.

Also, I bet there is some interesting footage of BM around Broomfield killing time for when the call happens.

Grrrrrr the timeline is so confusing at this point.

The Sunday timeline being a mess seems to be due to BM telling multiple versions of what happened, mixed with the crew’s versions coming out.

The Friday and Saturday timelines are mostly a mess because of AM & PE sharing what they, allegedly, heard from LE.

So if you believe BM has been lieing about Sunday, I wonder if LE has purposely been feeding misleading time line info for Fri/Sat to see if BM will slip up and try to talk about that and then catch him in yet another lie.

And as a side note, it sure is interesting that BM has wanted to talk about Sunday (alibi day) but hasn’t mentioned a thing about the time he spent with the love of his life on Friday or Saturday. You’d think he’d want all that info out there to.

That's a very interesting question, @oviedo , when he started the guardianship paperwork. And it should be noted, she had just come through a serious bout of cancer, and likely had some POAs in effect.

Funny money, somewhere along the line, IMO.

ETA: I mean more of a juggling money type of thing, enormous debt, LOC, that sort of thing. In the most basic sense, a financial house of cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Venusflytrap100