Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #44

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no proof that card was from Valentine's Day 2020, JMO. The other note could have been from years ago as well.

That entire interview is an exit plan.

He's exited his marriage by disappearing Suzanne, now exiting the Puma Path house and unless he is named a POI or arrested, I predict he is going to exit Chaffee County. Maybe even the state of Colorado. After all Suzanne isn't even in this area and it isn't "too soon" for Barry to just put this "thing" behind him.
I think so too
JMO

I may have lost my mind as well as my memory, but let me ask this question -- if it has been already answered (probably has), either I missed it, or I have forgotten. D'oh :confused:.

Do we know if there is as a life insurance policy on Suzanne? If so, do we know how much and who the beneficiary is? Certainly it is a premature thing to ask, but I am curious. Thanks to anyone who knoze!
In addition did he carry credit life on any debts with both their names on it. That would be a big not cool with your wife having had cancer recently, not mentioning that is against the law. Fraud

Sorry if this has been posted previously, but I am majorly behind due to IRL situations:confused::rolleyes:o_O
Barry Morphew Sits Downs With CBS4 Nearly 5 Months After His Wife's Disappearance
BM told the reporter he believes SM is still alive. If so, why does he not continually plead for her return? Push that reward. I think that's what I would do. This is a legitimate point. Maybe it's more like he "hopes" as opposed to "believes" SM is still alive?

The Valentine's Day note from SM to BM reveals no indication of anguish, anxiety, fear nor anything that might lead one to thinking there were any significant problems in the marriage. It presents quite an opposite impression. Yes, the note is months old but SM also might have shared her thoughts with her daughters regarding their father and it should be easy to determine if the note is legit. It would be difficult to forge such a lengthy script and outpouring of written emotions.

I'm once again placing the Cool-Aid (misspelled intentionally - don't wanna p off business lawyers) glass back on the table and freezing my thoughts on this case. Of course, one VD letter and a hidden-from-the-public tearful breakdown hasn't convinced me of innocence. It's more the plethora of what we believe constitutes as 'evidence' pointing to a certain someone's guilt... really doesn't. Much of it could be explained in various ways but without more info... well.

We have, essentially, no officially-verified evidence that might indicate guilt. Circumstantial, .....okay. We have heard of odd behavior, we've witnessed lack of at least public-facing action but we have varied hems-and-haws from people (family and LE-types) who have had direct communication with lead LE but such second-hand info hasn't been made clear... at least some comes across as conduit's assumption or opinion and likely based on incomplete or inadequate information.

Do I suspect a certain someone? I need more... and I've a feeling we'll not be getting that any time soon.

One more thing: if my daughters were fearful I would do anything to quell their fear, and that would include packing up and moving out of a dream house. There is so much we don't know. Too much.

...returning back to *lurk mode*.

Last edited:
There is no mortgage on this property. It is owned free and clear.
Oh, how did I miss that big fact? Thanks much, @TKG, for that info. Well now, that puts a quite different cast on it for me. That's a pretty fair amount of money, isn't it?
Heyell yes, sell it, sell it, sell it, and GTH outta town.

Again, thanks for your answer, @TKG -- ;).
I feel smarter already!

Totally agree. Also, factor in the lockdown and pandemic. A whole lot of togetherness.

I’m not convinced that letter was from this VDay, but if it was, it’s almost like she was begging him to remember the good times. That letter really makes me so sad for SM. I bet she was such a good person.

I got the same vibe about the letter on Valentine’s Day. Sweet, but aching. It reminded me of the letter Shanann wrote to CW on their anniversary.

For all we know, Suzanne was sitting home alone on Valentine’s Day, writing that letter to a husband that was too busy to be there with her.

jmo

As I recall, the youngest daughter is still in high school. Therefore, it is not that easy for BM to just up and leave town. Perhaps he is planning on leaving this daughter with his mom in the condo he currently lives in. Who owns this condo?

if I was going to leave town and was the prime suspect in my wifes’
murder, I would not let anyone know about my plans. I would just disappear!

If we know all of this and think this is a real possibility what is LE thinking ? More importantly what are they waiting on ? By now they have the electronic footprint right? It’s been nearly 5 months - what else is needed (this will be a no body case IMO)?
JMO

They are thinking that they need to follow up on all clues. And maybe stumble across her remains.
How do heck do I know? They are not in a rush. Barry is not leaving until all those properties are cashed in. We wait. That’s it.

If we know all of this and think this is a real possibility what is LE thinking ? More importantly what are they waiting on ? By now they have the electronic footprint right? It’s been nearly 5 months - what else is needed (this will be a no body case IMO)?
JMO
I don’t think he’s a flight risk at all, and I don’t think there’s a rush here.

Without a body, I don’t think he’s nervous enough to run. That would end all doubt as to his guilt.

He’s close to his mother, and has his daughters at his side. I’m sure he still has quite a bit of support from those close to him as well.

It’s not easy to just take off, and harder yet to stay on the run for any length of time. With today’s technology, the world is smaller than ever.

I don’t think he’s a flight risk at all, and I don’t think there’s a rush here.

Without a body, I don’t think he’s nervous enough to run. That would end all doubt as to his guilt.

He’s close to his mother, and has his daughters at his side. I’m sure he still has quite a bit of support from those close to him as well.

It’s not easy to just take off, and harder yet to stay on the run for any length of time. With today’s technology, the world is smaller than ever.
Do you recall your arrest prediction? Was it at least 6 months ?

As I recall, the youngest daughter is still in high school. Therefore, it is not that easy for BM to just up and leave town. Perhaps he is planning on leaving this daughter with his mom in the condo he currently lives in. Who owns this condo?

if I was going to leave town and was the prime suspect in my wifes’
murder, I would not let anyone know about my plans. I would just disappear!

He is not a suspect.

I may have lost my mind as well as my memory, but let me ask this question -- if it has been already answered (probably has), either I missed it, or I have forgotten. D'oh :confused:.

Do we know if there is as a life insurance policy on Suzanne? If so, do we know how much and who the beneficiary is? Certainly it is a premature thing to ask, but I am curious. Thanks to anyone who knoze!
Not the closest follower. But we have speculated NO life insurance policy (or none worth mentioning) due to long history of cancer. (Pre-existing conditions would make it unreasonable financially).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharlafields