Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #45

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree with you. What's smart often has little to do with typical, human behavior.

His priorities are clear. Business is super important to him. You may think he's been searching behind the scenes but where are the large search parties he organized? Where are the search centers? Where are the fliers he has created? The countless interviews and please for someone to give us information?

But more than that, more than how this shows his priorities is what it said about whether, early on, he felt it likely she would walk through that door.

I know from personal experience that when a loved one is missing, hope doesn't die, even improbable hope, that quickly. You keep feeling they're going to walk through the door, or you'll get a call that it's all been a terrible mistake, or whatever.

But let's be clear - LE doesn't get a search warrant to excavate a third parties' property, damaging that property in the process, via a fishing expedition to "eliminate" possibilities. They need probable cause. And the probable cause necessary for something like that is arguably greater than what's necessary to search the victim's property.

And as to that, LE didn't search the victim and her husband's property not once, but twice, over a month apart, despite the fact that she supposedly disappeared while on a bike ride. That's more than just elimination, IMO. I could understand one search of a location for that purpose. Not two.
I am not as experienced as you, but Is it possible that all the original search warrants yielded no evidence against BM , therefore LE simply started over again?, beginning with the victim’s home/last place she was seen.
IANAL, but I believe you HAVE made progress, explaining probable cause and search warrants to me, so would her disappearance be valid for the second search warrant probable cause.? Would it have to involve BM at all, other than he is part owner/resident?, not suspicion or guilt.
Also, at time of second search of house, did they go back to location of bike, and would they have needed search warrant for this, who owned property where we assume bike was found?

I am trying to review and actually put together an evidence list. I appreciate your expertise in advance.

RSBM

The timeline for Sunday has jumped so much it's unbelievable.
I was certain I'd read previously that JP stated they arrived in Broomfield around 6pm.
Now they arrived at 11am?
And if BM left Broomfield before 11am, where the heck was he all day until he showed up back in Maysville around 9pm (or 6pm, depending on which lie we're talking about).
Just maddening trying to follow this case.
The only correct timeline will be told by his phone pinging and truck gps.

Random BM thought (MOO):

I wonder if BM hid the body above ground that Mother’s Day weekend but some time there after used the bobcat in moving and burying the body? Maybe that’s why cadaverdine hits seem to follow the bobcat. Also, if something like that is true, maybe the reason we see BM always towing the bobcat is because he is taking it everywhere and thus giving LE an overwhelming amount of data to have to go through to try to follow any of his movements with the bobcat.

I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that BM’s searching is really just him driving the bobcat all over the area as a way to complicate things for LE.

I also wonder if the timing of selling his truck would be a way to get ride of that evidence after moving the body and thinking his truck would hit if LE searched it again?

RBBM

This makes sense.

JMVHO.

In regards to Barry’s behavior and how strange it is:

It’s not how we would react to a situation like this, rather, it’s how people typically react in a situation like this.

What we see from spouses and significant others when a loved one goes missing.

It’s about human nature, and not “what’s smart,” (lawyering up and alike).

In that regard, Barry’s behavior is off the charts suspicious:

Bashing those who speak out

Refusing to go on camera

Attacking the investigation

Not attending that press conference

Not issuing repeated appeals for his missing wife

Not organizing searches

Calling a massive search a “publicity stunt”

Putting the marital home on the market, and making repeated property transactions

Not attending his wife’s vigil

This demonstrates exactly how difficult it is to locate a missing person in the mountains of Colorado. This man was searched for extensively in May 2019 in the
area of the Equity Mine by the Mineral County Search and Rescue team. I have dropped a pin on the Google Earth aerial view, at that location.
His stated intention was to ascend 14,014 ft San Luis Peak, which is in Saguache county, I have dropped a second pin there.
His body was found seventeen months later near the Allara Tunnel mine in Hinsdale county, I have dropped a pin there. In a previous post I mentioned that the Allara mine could be reached by hiking from the south, perhaps "bagging up to three fourteeners" on the way, and drop down to the vicinity of the Allarra Tunnel mine. It sounds like the poor man did just that before getting lost. IMO

Aerial view produced entirely in Google Earth Pro with no external editing.
Mineral County Search and Rescue look for missing personView attachment 267118 View attachment 267118 View attachment 267118 View attachment 267118

And Krystal Reisinger is still missing, sadly.

Which brings me back to my original theory, abduction by random stranger, and I did have three victims besides SM, within a tight geographic. Krystal was one of them. Hmmm, we do see evidence of AM questioning BM, and vice versa..., could it be they are wrong? nope, one of them has it right, I hope. Cuz random is gonna be next to impossible. My speculations, based on all our collective input...

Presumably he was with his Bobcat on Sunday and nowhere near Broomfield or he would've left the Bobcat there.

Then again, he might not have had a job IN Broomfield. We've yet to get confirmation of any such thing.

Hmmmm. Was he back in Salida on Mother's Day, raking a beach with his Bobcat?

JMO
If usual suspect was with bobcat- he must either have had to use his truck that pulls it with the gps tracker (which means L.E. knows where the truck was) .... or a borrowed truck no GPS? Or.... drove the bobcat from its parking spot somewhere close? Or is this a hint of when he used it "...
11:30 p.m.: Sat
-A neighbor of a home being built in Salida hears heavy machinery running for about a half hour..........." I wonder how far from the river beach sand raked Andys crew searched? If anywhere. I think the noise heard could have been the burying or hiding. And a new search of site is called for. IMO
IMO

Last edited:

It’s not how we would react to a situation like this, rather, it’s how people typically react in a situation like this.

Refusing to go on camera

Not organizing searches

Putting the marital home on the market, and making repeated property transactions

As always, you are on target, but I don't think typical is the right word. I would wager we have never seen an innocent husband or wife exhibit such behavior. I certainly haven't.

I disagree with you. What's smart often has little to do with typical, human behavior.

His priorities are clear. Business is super important to him. You may think he's been searching behind the scenes but where are the large search parties he organized? Where are the search centers? Where are the fliers he has created? The countless interviews and please for someone to give us information?

But more than that, more than how this shows his priorities is what it said about whether, early on, he felt it likely she would walk through that door.

I know from personal experience that when a loved one is missing, hope doesn't die, even improbable hope, that quickly. You keep feeling they're going to walk through the door, or you'll get a call that it's all been a terrible mistake, or whatever.

But let's be clear - LE doesn't get a search warrant to excavate a third parties' property, damaging that property in the process, via a fishing expedition to "eliminate" possibilities. They need probable cause. And the probable cause necessary for something like that is arguably greater than what's necessary to search the victim's property.

And as to that, LE didn't search the victim and her husband's property not once, but twice, over a month apart, despite the fact that she supposedly disappeared while on a bike ride. That's more than just elimination, IMO. I could understand one search of a location for that purpose. Not two.
bbm
ITA.
LE are sitting on something significant.
And iirc, AM said that LE needed some more evidence to fill the envelope before sealing it !
So there's hope that justice will be done and someone will be doing a perp walk at some point.
We may have a no body case, sadly.
But a case for murder nonetheless.
Imo.

If usual suspect with bobcat- he must either have had to use his truck that pulls it with the gps tracker (which means L.E. knows where the truck was) .... or a borrowed truck no GPS? Or.... drove the bobcat from its parking spot somewhere close?IMO

The Bobcat has internal GPS as part of it's diagnostic systems, which cannot be defeated. IMO

Telematics Privacy Statement - Bobcat Company

Refusing to go on camera

Not organizing searches

You have to call out the Guardianship Petition by name. That was truly shocking, I don't care if it was a timely practical and/or legal necessity or not, it wouldn't be a priority for me if Mr. Knox went recently missing. Consequences be damned.

I listened to the recent NG episode released today. That was a hot mess and this time I’m not blaming NG. Every guest that spoke added to the confusion. He said, she said, they all said....

Pretty much took a match to that whole episode.

IMO

I totally agree.

What makes the bleach smell at the Motel near Denver reliable information is that we have corroborating people all telling us the same thing from their first person account. As well as BM himself telling us the room smelled like bleach. So its pretty safe to assume there was in fact a bleach smell in that room.
How it got there is the only real debate for that one.

For the house bleach smell, we only have what would be deemed as "heresay" because we dont have the officer themselves that allegedly smelled it in the house. We only have one person really claiming they had spoken to that officer to know about it. This is the type of thing where we are faced with a choice on whether we believe it or not. For me personally, I think AM is a highly credible person that would not purposely lie about something like that so I choose to believe him for now until something comes up that could go against it.

One possibility that I do consider is maybe with all the confusion of talking to so many people, the officer may have been referring to the motel and maybe AM thought he was referring to the house so it could be an honest mistake. So if it is not accurate information, then an honest mistake would be the only reason I could see it not being true and that is a possibility to consider.
JMO

I lean this way too. Though I think BM is responsible for SM's disappearance and death, AND it was premeditated, I have a hard time believing he would use a method that required significant cleanup involving bleach at his own home. His size stature and strength were sufficient to overpower SM and use a soft kill method such as drowning, strangulation, or smothering. His close relationship with her - he wouldn't need to surprise or ambush her. He wouldn't need to use a weapon, not really. Unless he couldn't bring himself to do it so personally. And of course, there is Patrick Frazee, who went armed with a bat and created such a mess he needed an out of state cleaner to deal with it.

As to that love letter....it makes me so sad, but more angry. Taking a play out of Barbara Thomas' husband's book - we've seen it before BM. It's irrelevant that SM loved you at some point (I'm not convinced those are recent but even if they are) - the question is - Did You Love Her? Actions speak louder than words. Her brother's actions and effort to find her speak volumes about his love. What does your 27-second video and silence broken only to paint yourself as a victim, defend yourself and cast others in a bad light say about your love for SM?

Oh, and new info from NG - it's clear to me that BM hopelessly muddled his timeline on Sunday. He left at 11am? Why? Was the plan always for him to return early afternoon? And if he didn't get back home till 6pm or 9pm, depending on which account it is, WHERE WAS HE?

The Bobcat has internal GPS as part of it's diagnostic systems, which cannot be defeated. IMO

Telematics Privacy Statement - Bobcat Company

I read that attachment.

It says the system may be included or it may be purchased as an accessory. Presumably the accessory could therefore be either not purchased or not fitted / detached.
Also it says owners can opt out of their data being shared with Bobcat, who surely wouldn’t then be able to share it with others eg LE.

I’ve no idea what BM’s Bobcat set up is for this but there do seem to be options for not being trackable if I read that statement correctly.

Disclaimer : I know zero about Bobcats or GPS

My .02 is that the only timeline I'd trust is the one LE are putting together -- via phone pings of BM and possibly others; and gps/computer data.
And we're not going to see that anytime soon.
Hope I'm wrong about the previous sentence !
And I have no doubt it’s going to be both solid, and damning.

His phone will probably end up being the most informative piece of evidence here, followed by that truck data.

It’s going to tell law enforcement where he was, and when that was there. I’m sure LE first got a timeline from Barry, then hit him in subsequent interviews with things they had been able to glean from his phone/vehicle data.

One can do a lot of damage during (alleged) 30 hours of interviews. Especially if their narrative is blown apart by technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake12