Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #48

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so I'm clear (this is getting sort of confusing)

Is it true that Mother's Day morning, the M girls contacted not one but two different neighbors, and both were women?
The first neighbor before they were worried and couldn't get ahold of SM, and the second is the one that actually went over and checked, and she's the one named in MSM and described as the 70 yr old.

Do I have that correct? If yes, or no, either way, can someone share links to clear this up? TIA

Why have I assumed all this time that the neighbour was female?? Am I the only one? I don't suppose it changes the outcome, but I am always surprised when I default to one gender or another and it turns out to be the opposite.
Same! If there was a male neighbor involved in the inquiry it makes more sense in MHO because none of us want an older female looking into the house alone. I’m not certain I would send any neighbor or friend into the house not knowing wth was going on.

Starting Construction Equipment?
Woman 'woken by loud machinery' near where woman went missing | Daily Mail Online
The following day Branson went over to the construction site and asked workers whether they had left keys in their equipment. They told her that, whilst they often left keys on-site, they hid them in safe places.
@skyvoyager :) bbm You think they hid them under flower pot or welcome mat:D??? J/k.

Seriously, someone (sorry, forgot who) posted starting Bobcat/similar equip. of their co. requires a key plus code.
So contractors, landscapers, construction peeps, et al, it that typical - requiring both?
Just rambling. jm2cts.

Starting Construction Equipment?
@skyvoyager :) bbm You think they hid them under flower pot or welcome mat:D??? J/k.
Seriously, someone (sorry, forgot who) posted starting Bobcat/similar equip. of their co. requires a key plus code.
So contractors, landscapers, construction peeps, et al, it that typical - requiring both?
Just rambling. jm2cts.
think 5 and code 33 ..... pay attention ;-)

How do we know it was a neighbor lady?

Because it's been reported in MSM that a neighbor lady got a call (apparently both from the daughters and from BM) and then she went over to the house and then she made the actual 911 missing persons call?

There are two "ladies" in the story - both elderly (I've seen the near neighbor on television broadcasts- the one that lives next to the Puma house). The other one lives near the worksite in Salida. She has said she is hard of hearing (I don't think her age has been reported, but I believe there are pictures of her somewhere - let's just say she's over 60 IMO).

Anyway, the way we know that the daughters called a neighbor lady is that it is reported in MSM and somewhere, I believe there is a picture of her. Check the media thread, but the ball is in your court as to whether or not that person pictured is a "lady" or not.

To me, she's definitely female (and she's also been mentioned by reporters).

RSBM

Absolutely No need to apologize, it was a very informative post. Many of us enjoyed it and the continued speculation as to the "5". I feel as you do about the PE gentlemen but they aren't everybody's cup of tea, such is life.
Thanks @Murphy1950 I really appreciate that a lot...felt kind of embarrassed because I got carried away. Just saw your post! :D

Just so I'm clear (this is getting sort of confusing)

Is it true that Mother's Day morning, the M girls contacted not one but two different neighbors, and both were women?
The first neighbor before they were worried and couldn't get ahold of SM, and the second is the one that actually went over and checked, and she's the one named in MSM and described as the 70 yr old.

Do I have that correct? If yes, or no, either way, can someone share links to clear this up? TIA

Starting at around 18:45 in this PE video, LS talks about her discussion with a neighbor. At around 20:32 she says the girls talked to this neighbor on Mother’s Day morning.

On Lauren’s FB page, she replied to a poster who asked her to clarify that this was NOT the neighbor that called 911. Count down to the 8th post (most relevant comment sort) and check replies from LS. Lauren Scharf

Called Friend or Neighbor First?
@Ontario Mom Yes, ^ BM calling neighbor first seems a bit off.

But is it possible, before trying to call a neighbor,
- BM tried to call/text his (male) friend to ask to check for SM.
- Did not connect/got no answer, or was told- Wish I could help, but cannot ATM, can help later.
- Then BM called neighbor, asked her to check for SM.

Just rambling. my2cts.

AFAIK, BM didn’t call the neighbor. The girls called a neighbor, and that neighbor called another neighbor - JR.

JR went to the house, didn’t find SM, then called 911. (She may have called the original neighbor, or called BM before or after the 911 call, I am unsure.)

I have read this chain of calls version in several places. Here’s one from MSM. (with BBM):

“Morphew’s friends called one of her neighbors when they couldn’t reach her. That neighbor called the police to report her missing.”
Search for missing mom Suzanne Morphew in Colorado expected to draw hundreds of volunteers

AFAIK, BM didn’t call the neighbor. The girls called a neighbor, and that neighbor called another neighbor - JR.
JR went to the house, didn’t find SM, then called 911. (She may have called the original neighbor, or called BM before or after the 911 call, I am unsure.)
I have read this chain of calls version in several places. Here’s one from MSM. (with BBM):
“Morphew’s friends called one of her neighbors when they couldn’t reach her. That neighbor called the police to report her missing.”
Search for missing mom Suzanne Morphew in Colorado expected to draw hundreds of volunteers
@steeltowngirl Thx for clearing this up, and esp'ly for quote & link.

While I watch my state hold up the election results...

I have some good news! Puma Path house is out of hiding and now has kitchen photos!

Perhaps BM is actually better at house staging than he was at crime scene staging. :cool:

https://www.movoto.com/salida-co/19057-puma-path-salida-co-81201/pid_396sqi4s9g/for-sale/

Why that awful baby poo/mustard color in every last room?

It's not a spectacular house. The exterior is quite unattractive, and there aren't any high end features. It looks more like a corporate retreat than a family home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member