Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooo for me personally, the theory some person that Suzanne knew well harmed her, requires too many mental gymnastics to make it work/be believable.

By all accounts, Suzanne was a caring, loving, beautiful soul. I have no reason to believe otherwise, nor do I think Suzanne was having an affair.

If a person she knew wanted more than friendship with her and she let them know the feelings weren’t mutual, ok so what then? This person goes into if I can’t have her no one can thinking and decides to ambush her at her home, and killed her right then and there? Or less likely, Suzanne invited this person into her home to discuss things, they tried to put the moves on her, she resisted and they killed her in a fit of rage in the home? Or they abducted her from the home, killed her at another location or didn’t kill her and are holding her hostage somewhere?

First, obviously for any of the above scenarios to be possible, would have to have been carried out on Sunday after BM left for Broomfield. Second, this person would have to have known Suzanne was going to be all alone on Sunday, doubt she’d tell this person she’d be home alone since she knew they wanted more than her friendship and she’d be alone and vulnerable living in a remote area. Third, doubt Suzanne would invite this person over for a chat for same exact reason as the aforementioned.

If this person by some other chance knew Suzanne would be alone and snuck in, ambushed her and killed her, what did they do with the body/where did they hide the body so well it may never be found? Abducted her and holding her hostage somewhere? Doubtful.

Lastly, WHY on earth would this person stage a bike ride scene???? And WHY did LE dig up and search the Husband’s job site?????

That’s all I can think of for right now, been a long day. I’m sure it’s probably flawed, feel free to pick it apart.

Thanks for walking through that scenario - we should all revisit options in this case from time to time.

It would seem to me that this person ( I realize you're just floating a theory - so am I ) would be identifiable from social media and phone records. This person would have had to be in contact with Suzanne in some manner.

It does seem to require an ambush (no signs of a struggle) and an ambush in which no clear evidence of physical harm (blood evidence, stranger DNA) is found.

We could theorize that the bike scene was actually the site of the crime and not the house (perp waits till she leaves, waylays her, tosses bike into ravine, etc, all without leaving DNA evidence).

We could also theorize that BM's phone or truck GPS shows him at the job site late on Saturday night, hence the probable cause for the search warrant. In this theory, BM has an innocent reason (a mechanical thingie) for being at the job site.

So LE (in this theory) went on a wild goose chase when they dug up the job site. They apparently have no clue of who this mystery admirer would be or even, where the crime took place. Heck, we could even have a theory that Suzanne, tired of life with BM and pretty convinced BM was capable of murdering her, conspired to disappear with this person "she knew well" (according to BM).

In this theory (convoluted as it is), Suzanne is off somewhere, safe - and could even be in contact with her daughters (who are protected from saying much by having hired lawyers). Odd that LE is still on the case though.

I mean, stranger things have happened in this world. For Suzanne's sake, I wish I could believe it was true. But I know AM has way more information and believes his sister is dead. Murdered. Related somehow to domestic violence.

Personally, the big barrier to any such theory of this kind is that the story would have leaked. Well, perhaps not if Suzanne had a single helper (who was not a romantic interest) who helped her get away from BM.

Sooo for me personally, the theory some person that Suzanne “knew well“ harmed her, requires too many mental gymnastics to make it work/be believable.

By all accounts, Suzanne was a caring, loving, beautiful soul. I have no reason to believe otherwise, nor do I think Suzanne was having an affair.

If a person she knew wanted more than friendship with her and she let them know the feelings weren’t mutual, ok so what then? This person goes into if I can’t have her no one can thinking and decides to ambush her at her home, and killed her right then and there? Or less likely, Suzanne invited this person into her home to discuss things, they tried to put the moves on her, she resisted and they killed her in a fit of rage in the home? Or they abducted her from the home, killed her at another location or didn’t kill her and are holding her hostage somewhere?

First, obviously for any of the above scenarios to be possible, would have to have been carried out on Sunday after BM left for Broomfield. Second, this person would have to have known Suzanne was going to be all alone on Sunday, doubt she’d tell this person she’d be home alone since she knew they wanted more than her friendship and she’d be alone and vulnerable living in a remote area. Third, doubt Suzanne would invite this person over for a chat for same exact reason as the aforementioned.

If this person by some other chance knew Suzanne would be alone and snuck in, ambushed her and killed her, what did they do with the body/where did they hide the body so well it may never be found? Abducted her and holding her hostage somewhere? Doubtful.

Lastly, WHY on earth would this person stage a bike ride scene???? And WHY would LE dig up and search the Husband’s job site????

That’s all I got for now, I’m sure I’ve forgotten some things, feel free to offer thoughts or pick it apart lol.

IMHO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne
I agree with your logic here. Given the circumstances, Barry is the only thing that makes all of the pieces fit together. At this point, I don’t see many plausible scenarios. IMO

We’ve probably discussed this ad nauseam but I’m trying to figure out where BM was. According to MG, BM was at the Salida job site on Friday night & Saturday morning. The neighbor heard loud noise around 11:30 Friday or Saturday night, she couldn’t remember exact day.

BBM
12 days after SM’s disappearance, the FBI, CBI and Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office sifted through the dirt Friday (May22) for 3 days, looking for any sign of the missing mother. Investigators say the search was initiated based on “information developed during the Suzanne Morphew missing person case.”

Any guesses as to exactly “what” led LE to dig up this job site? Could it have been BM’s truck gps, and guessing he was the one the neighbor heard @ 11:30pm (?) Thanks as always MOO
Finding Suzanne Morphew: Investigators Search Husband's Job Site Near Salida

My guess is that MG was part of the reason. Per MG BM was outside her house at 4am. The neighbor heard heavy machinery running Saturday night. MG raked the beach out on Sunday. MG was asked by BM to assemble a crew. MG claimed that two men came to give her her paycheck and they said if they paid her it would look like hush money. MG stated she ‘mostly cooperated with Police’. A visit from BM at 4am. My speculation is that BM could have driven up and driven away or he could have been dropping her off after a night time site visit? That would fit with the timeline the neighbor who heard loud machineryrunning. MG said it looked like BM did about 30 minutes work on a project. The neighbor heard machinery running for about 30 minutes. These were two different projects but often people base misstatements on facts from other sources. I hope MG talks in response to a plea deal!

My guess is that MG was part of the reason. Per MG BM was outside her house at 4am. The neighbor heard heavy machinery running Saturday night. MG raked the beach out on Sunday. MG was asked by BM to assemble a crew. MG claimed that two men came to give her her paycheck and they said if they paid her it would look like hush money. MG stated she ‘mostly cooperated with Police’. A visit from BM at 4am. My speculation is that BM could have driven up and driven away or he could have been dropping her off after a night time site visit? That would fit with the timeline the neighbor who heard loud machineryrunning. MG said it looked like BM did about 30 minutes work on a project. The neighbor heard machinery running for about 30 minutes. These were two different projects but often people base misstatements on facts from other sources. I hope MG talks in response to a plea deal!
Your post is so great.

I’d never thought about how many different ways MG intersects the narrative. Her admission that, “I mostly cooperated with police...” has always bothered me. It begs the question, what is she leaving out?

Last edited:
Your post is so great.

I’d never thought about how many different ways MG intersects the narrative. Her admission that, “I mostly cooperated with police...” has always bothered me. It begs the question, what is she leaving out?

I believe the one thing she declined was taking polygraph.
If that's all it was, it doesn't bother me in the least.
Especially since she's not a suspect either formally named or the target of the investigation.
Especially because she had no problem saying she declined it.
I know a lot of people with some pretty strong convictions against such things like a test that yields inconclusive results, and isn't even admissable in court.

It's the ones who lie and say they took one, when they didn't, or the ones who lie and say they were never asked, when they were... those are the kind of things that draw my attention.

jmo

I wholeheartedly agree everyone should have a Will and a General POA, (add a POA- healthcare and a specific DNR state form).

In Suzanne's case it's a gray area to me. BM and SM might have had a POA, but a POA is no longer valid upon death. I suspect that is why BM needed legal "Guardianship" to close the real estate transaction. If she was alive, the POA would have been sufficient, if she had been declared as deceased, her Will or Trust would be the overriding legal document.

IANAL, so attorney's - please jump in here!

Actually, similar to a POA that terminates at death, so does guardianship.

Public records show that SM had a history of providing BM only limited POA drafted for specific transactions versus a general or durable power of attorney typically held by most married couples.

IMO, I believe SM did not give her husband of 25+ years durable POA because she had reason not to empower him with all aspects of her life including financial and/or medical. In other words, I don't believe SM trusted BM. The guardianship petition would not have been necessary if BM had a durable POA for his wife SM.

Last edited:
Actually, similar to a POA that terminates at death, so does guardianship.

Public records show that SM had a history of providing BM only limited POA drafted for specific transactions versus a general or durable power of attorney typically held by most married couples.

IMO, I believe SM did not give her husband of 25+ years durable POA because she had reason not to empower him with all aspects of her life including financial and/or medical. In other words, I don't believe SM trusted BM. The guardianship petition would not have been necessary if BM had a durable POA for his wife SM.
Exactly
Jmo

It seems that with all the technology available, LE would have access to all of her online communications. Why would you need others to come forward other than to confirm the findings?

I think to interview them. They wouldn’t have a record of the content of phone calls (whatsApp, messenger, Skype, telegram & cell voice calls).

Sooo for me personally, the theory some person that Suzanne “knew well“ harmed her, requires too many mental gymnastics to make it work/be believable.

Lastly, WHY on earth would this person stage a bike ride scene???? And WHY would LE dig up and search the Husband’s job site????

That’s all I got for now, I’m sure I’ve forgotten some things, feel free to offer thoughts or pick it apart lol.

IMHO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne
That pretty much sums it up for me! :). No one other than “you know who” would need to stage a bike ride. Never mind all the other nonsense that has come out of his mouth. There is ONE prime suspect in this case and in six long months he hasn’t redeemed himself one iota by doing anything remotely normal for a man whose wife (who he claims was the “love of his life”) has gone “missing.” Heck, even SM’s family suspect him. And, as far as we know, no LE agency has stated that he has been cleared and is NOT a suspect. Everything about that man screams, “I did it!” JMHO

I so agree, BM absolutely had complete control of their finances for many years, and SM trusted him to take care of this.

We really don't know for fact, that BM or SM had any type of POA.

Though, it would be very telling to see if there was a documented history of POA's in past r/e transactions.
Can you please link to Public Records? I've not been able to figure this out.

TIA
I disagree that SM empowered BM to take care of all their financial matters and trusted him with the same when she clearly limited his authority.

Doxpop

I disagree that SM empowered BM to take care of all their financial matters and trusted him with the same when she clearly limited his authority.

Doxpop
The link takes me to a statewide generic Indiana site. What name/business should I search to find this information?

Not trying to dispute your thoughts, just trying to understand the real dynamics between SM and BM.

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members