Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
not officially by LE yet but a friend of Suzanne
told a lot of details. Barry is in custody along w/ 2 accomplices, a friend and a co-worker. Barry
shot her in their basement after she told him she wanted a divorce. Yes he buried her at his job site in concrete day after Mother's Day.

Accomplices?? Wow...yeah was thinking so....

But AFTER mother's day...so she was...'where'....that evening?

WAS she taken on that bike ride???

Holy moly....not too far down thread I played at that scenario thinking it was just B.S....but you never know what B.S. just might stick to the wall ;)

JMO

It's not 5 in my neck of the woods: but I'm eyeing that wine...or beer - 'cause I got stuff for the Memorial Day weekend.....might not last the weekend if this keeps up!!

Here is what is going on.
With the source that was used on the YouTube creator's channel I had to make a decision.
Would I make it so our mods had to spend the rest of the day timing people out, taking down posts, calling me, having members yelling at me, and basically try (without success) to keep this thread under control? Or should we acknowledge the rumor and say, YES WE KNOW THIS RUMOR IS OUT THERE WE ARE WAITING FOR CONFIRMATION and then we can move on.

That is why I made that decision. You have no idea what goes on in trying to keep rumors off the pages. However, this one report is being spread out all over the world. I would never allow something like this unless there was a better alternative.

I went live on YouTube to specifically address this rumor. It sounds credible but it is not confirmed.

Had I not done this I can promise you this thread would have been shut down because it would have been out of control. I am trying to keep this discussion going while acknowledging the pink elephant in the room.

We have acknowledged we know this is out there. If it turns out to be false then hopefully next time the people will not be so quick to jump on and spread it around to the point that literally the whole world reports it as fact.

Where on earth is this day before day after thing coming from? We all know he said he was going to denver on the 10th. We didn't know what it was for but now we know... Some landscaping job. Why on earth would he have gone if the work was already done? And we know he came back when the news broke out. You think the home owner who hired him wouldnt have known his contractor's wife is missing and him showing up for work the next day would be insane?? All this was done from 8-10th... No later... No one went back. What kind of idiot would go back???
Well.... The current rumors are why I asked when was the last time the concrete was poured -- ie., was it Mother's Day, or later? I don't think my thought process was off. JMO.

Still, police don't share insider details of an ongoing case with a victim's friend

And normally, those close to a victim don't go running to social media to spread the juicy gossip about their loved ones demise, they take time to mourn and process their shock away from prying eyes.
Not this time!

BBM:

Actually, no, not surprised in the slightest.

Oh, wait…you weren't talking to me, were you?

Oops! Never mind.
Yeah, I'm with you @GordianKnot. We've seen this movie before, several times. Recently. And in Colorado no less.

Not to mention the whole idolized hometown baseball hero, wealthy guy with many business interests, "perfect" on social media, the wildland firefighter "hero" job where he'd be sure to get lots of adulation, controlling the narrative, slickly produced "plea" instead of a press conference, lawyering up immediately... it just all fits with the long series of narcissistic perps we've seen who believe they're entitled to the "fantasy partner" no matter whom they harm to get there, even if they have to kill someone who trusts them and treats them like gold. And they are just so much smarter than everybody and will be that ultra-rare criminal who will pull off the "perfect crime" and go on to lead the life of their dreams without ever getting caught. (LS, PF, CW)

Also, I agree with the sleuth who thought the video plea smelled of, "Oh, Suzanne, look what you made me do."

Yes you'd need a warrant and enough probable cause to justify causing potentially tens of thousands of dollars of damage on someone unconnected to the matter's property. Obviously finding a victim and prosecuting a case is most important but imagine you're the property owner who just got an expensive new deck! LE would want to be sure they were right.
Sorry if this has been asked. I’m about 25 pages behind.

if LE digs up your yard, destroys your property looking for a body or evidence (and you have nothing to do with the crime), does the state reimburse the property owner?

And in the end, it came down to money & material things. He didn’t want to lose any.

30+ yrs and two beautiful daughters down the drain.

He really did just start an IG account and post sweet nothings about SM as a decoy.

No wonder HIS nephew called him “the husband”. SMH.

This was premeditated imo; not some fit of rage.

this one made me angry

Last edited:
all those comments I read about how Barry would never do anything to her, how much he loved his family, etc etc. - MOO
And I'm sure all those people genuinely believed that.
It's gut-wrenching to find out someone you thought you knew, really isn't the person you thought they were.
I think many of us know first hand what that feels like. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member