Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just googled "Christian Dating 101", and I almost dropped my breakfast bun. A naked woman doing something to herself appears and the warning, there might be more of it. I don't know, if a woman in SM's age woud "like" it so easily.
Maybe, BM played around as he probably did with the friendship connections?
Well, as much as I tried, I couldn't find any pictures like that, but I did see several links to Godly 101 sites, as well as several quotes relating to Christian relationships.

Suzanne may have been looking for advice for her daughters, or for an inspirational quote to use herself.

Not to take away from your thoughtful & personal post- but I don’t think this type (DV) of information is what LE is after when they are specifically asking for information about her social media activity and named several specific platforms. I think those type of conversations, if true regarding DM, happened months ago. They have it. IMO

That’s what I’m stuck on right now and it must be a big deal for LE to include it in a press release when they really don’t like to talk much. IMO

I tend to think they could possibly be needing to validate the information they have.

I just googled "Christian Dating 101", and I almost dropped my breakfast bun. A naked woman doing something to herself appears and the warning, there might be more of it. I don't know, if a woman in SM's age woud "like" it so easily.
Maybe, BM played around as he probably did with the friendship connections?

Its because of the search engine (G**gle) you used, not the website promoting the image you saw. MOO

I tend to think they could possibly be needing to validate the information they have.
That’s where am I with this. Verify what they have, ask for anything new, continue to appeal to the people that communicated with Suzanne to come forward. Make sure there are no surprises that are discovered before/during trial. I assume they don’t have her physical phone so they cannot review exact communications. The people on other end of those communications are vital in piecing together this aspect of the case. Every little bit helps. The individuals out there may not even realize that their information will assist in a timeline or state of mind or even a motive. If you ever communicated with Suzanne on social media, you need to contact LE. Let them decide what’s important.

Not to take away from your thoughtful & personal post- but I don’t think this type (DV) of information is what LE is after when they are specifically asking for information about her social media activity and named several specific platforms. I think those type of conversations, if true regarding DM, happened months ago. They have it. IMO

That’s what I’m stuck on right now and it must be a big deal for LE to include it in a press release when they really don’t like to talk much. IMO

I see your point. Especially about the specific platforms. Did Suzanne have social media friends, perhaps people she did not meet up with in real life? The presser seems aimed at local people (at least, Colorado people).

For some reason, this made me remember Suzanne's LinkedIn profile, which I checked early on. It has been modified since then. By someone. I posted what I found on an early thread, don't have the time to go find it, but I swear the page has changed to take out some personal information.

Was Suzanne establishing some kind of new, separate life for herself? Did someone use her social media right before and after her disappearance, in an unusual way?

This one really is a head scratcher.

I see your point. Especially about the specific platforms. Did Suzanne have social media friends, perhaps people she did not meet up with in real life? The presser seems aimed at local people (at least, Colorado people).

For some reason, this made me remember Suzanne's LinkedIn profile, which I checked early on. It has been modified since then. By someone. I posted what I found on an early thread, don't have the time to go find it, but I swear the page has changed to take out some personal information.

Was Suzanne establishing some kind of new, separate life for herself? Did someone use her social media right before and after her disappearance, in an unusual way?

bbm
Good point !
It seems like LE have a new point of interest to pursue.
And I'm confident that they're on the right path; and they'll have a presser if this case moves in a different direction !!

They have it and they need an actual witness to make a statement?
I reckon they have everything too, it's been 6 months, they must have everything by now, everything she ever wrote, I mean..

Your post makes me wonder if some of what they have involves someone who is, currently, just a screen name. I mean, most social media contacts (except FB, but even there) are made-up names. On one of my longterm online forums, we share so much about our lives (anonymously) and have many private conversations - about random stuff, politics, personal stuff, etc. - but with screen names.

I don't think any judge would give permission for LE to poke around in IP addresses of total strangers without probable cause. It's an invasion of privacy. This theory does require that Suzanne and her correspondents basically knew each others' real identities (but I know some of the real identifies of people on the forum I mentioned).

I agree they must have everything she ever wrote on any device available to her. But they must not know the identity of every person to whom she was writing. It would be really frustrating to LE if some of her SM friends were obviously locals and obviously known in real life, but they couldn't match up screen identities with real identities.

I know absolutely nothing about the legalities of such a situation and don't think it has come up before in any case I've followed, so would really appreciate someone who knows about such matters to weigh in. The content of what was written by Suzanne must be fairly important for LE to want this information (what could it be?) but the people they're trying to pinpoint must not have been turned up by their door-to-door canvassing, or are still concealing themselves and their information, despite all previous pleas.

So Suzanne stopped following a Facebook group called "Godly Dating 101", and her LinkedIn account changed, both after she went missing. I can only think of 1-3 people (other than Suzanne) who could possibly have access to either of those accounts. Maybe they don't suspect it was BM (surely he's watched enough ID Channel to know better than that), and want the person(s) they DO suspect to call them up and explain why that change was made. Could that be part of the focus on her social media and the mention of that person(s) being worried about "getting in trouble?" Do they need Suzanne's password to get into her Facebook? Or is that something LE can access without it? I'm sure her husband hasn't given that up and claims he doesn't know it. I know all of my mom's passwords because I helped her set up all of her social media accounts. IMO.

Not necessarily. I believe SUZANNE disappeared on Saturday, May 9, earlier than she was officially reported missing. So that's when I think her phone stopped working.

But AM's statement works no matter what day she disappeared--whenever she was disappeared, that's when her phone stopped working. IMO
I’m thinking that maybe BM was trying to beat the cell phone pings by leaving both her phone and his at home when he went out to dispose of SM’s body in the wee hours of Sunday morning. He returns home before he left for Broomfield to make sure he hasn’t missed anything and to pick up the phones. He can say he and SM were home together all night.
Next he can say he left her sleeping at 5:00 a.m Sunday morning. He shuts SM’s phone off as he left. He disposed of it somewhere between Salida and Broomfield. He may even have told police he shut it off before he left so she could sleep in being it Mother’s Day and all.
Just another theory...

Last edited:
I’m thinking that maybe BM was trying to beat the cell phone pings by leaving both her phone and his at home when he went out to dispose of SM’s body in the wee hours of Sunday morning. He returns home before he left for Broomfield to make sure he hasn’t missed anything and to pick up the phones. He can say he and SM were home together all night.
Next he can say he left her sleeping at 5:00 a.m Sunday morning. He shuts SM’s phone off as he left. He disposed of it somewhere between Salida and Broomfield.
Just another theory...
This is what I’m thinking too OldCop as far as the phones both left at the home while SM was being disposed of late Saturday night/wee wee hours of Sunday morning, but I’m stuck on mode of transportation used to dispose of SM. I’m thinking this could be the 3 1/2-4 hour timeframe AM alluded to “having pinned down” (paraphrased), i.e., phones pinging at the home (we were home together sleeping), until 4am when BM starts rambling down the road @ 4am texting employee MG (in a panic).

I’ve wondered if he could have borrowed or had access to a vehicle that doesn’t have a built in tracking system? Do ATV’s come with built in tracking does anyone know? Would it be possible to transport cargo, like say,
a large cooler, on an ATV?

IMHO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
The content of what was written by Suzanne must be fairly important for LE to want this information (what could it be?) but the people they're trying to pinpoint must not have been turned up by their door-to-door canvassing, or are still concealing themselves and their information, despite all previous pleas.
RSBM.

IMO, it also seems plausible that LE/DA are trying to plug gaps that the defense will try to exploit at trial. Meaning, LE is aware of conversations via the apps noted (some of which offer encrypted or vanishing messages) for which they don’t have content and/or participant info. If SM was engaged in private communications with unknown parties and/or about unknown topics it could use that to suggest another possible perp. LE might just be dotting i’s and crossing t’s.

I think the data dumps LE received from the SW’s issued for those apps may contain select metadata about private and vanishing messages, date and time sent, date and time deleted, etc., but not message content, recipient(s), or other info that could compromise the privacy of the message.

If LE can see the screen names I think good old-fashioned sleuthing would make identifying the person behind that name IRL relatively easy. They have better tools than most of us. Then they would just reach out directly.

MOO, as always.

Next he can say he left her sleeping at 5:00 a.m Sunday morning. He shuts SM’s phone off as he left. He disposed of it somewhere between Salida and Broomfield. He may even have told police he shut it off before he left so she could sleep in being it Mother’s Day and all.
Just another theory...
Do you think BM took his phone with him when he did the mechanical thing to his Bobcat? Or was that supposed to be something he did at home and not at the job site late at night? I wish we knew the details about that. But if he had to admit going to the job site and LE knows his cell phone never left the house that might be an oopsie on BM’s part. Most people take their phones with them for safety reasons especially driving somewhere late at night.

MOO if they do not have her phone, as they try to reconstruct her past they come to a place where platforms have deleted messages and they need help from the actual people.

This is what I’m thinking too OldCop as far as the phones both left at the home while SM was being disposed of late Saturday night/wee wee hours of Sunday morning, but I’m stuck on mode of transportation used to dispose of SM. I’m thinking this could be the 3 1/2-4 hour timeframe AM alluded to “having pinned down” (paraphrased), i.e., phones pinging at the home (we were home together sleeping), until 4am when BM starts rambling down the road texting employee MG in a panic.

I’ve wondered if he could have borrowed or had access to a vehicle that doesn’t have a built in tracking system? Do ATV’s come with built in tracking does anyone know? I don’t know, would it be possible to transport cargo on an ATV, like say,
a large cooler?

IMHO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne
There are some atv’s with GPS systems as well as some of the Bobcats. Depending on the atv, it would be easy to transport a large cooler on it. We do not know, to my knowledge, whether BM owned an atv or not. I would suspect he did, but it hasn’t been confirmed.
@Trackergd, one of our experts in tracking, search and rescue, has always been of the opinion that BM probably disposed of SM’s body somewhere in the wooded acreage near their home, most likely using an atv to transport the body. There is a road just off PP that leads to the Monarch Spur RV Park. This road is parallel to a power line cut. It would be easy to follow the cut in an atv then branch off somewhere to conceal the body.
This theory makes the most sense if he had only the 3 1/2 hour timeline to dispose of the body as stated by AM.

I’ve wondered if he could have borrowed or had access to a vehicle that doesn’t have a built in tracking system? Do ATV’s come with built in tracking does anyone know? I don’t know, would it be possible to transport cargo on an ATV, like say,
a large cooler?

IMHO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Transportation is the only reason I think SM is somewhere between home and Broomfield.

We used to use ATVs to haul deer out of the woods. It was much easier than dragging them out on foot.

I just re-read that last presser and I'm wondering what it was about it that gave you the impression it was aimed at local Colorado folks? The way they worded it to say "Suzanne kept in touch with friends she loved dearly" gave me the impression it was aimed at long-time friends, or Indiana folks, considering she'd only been in CO for 2 years. (It also really stands out to me how the CCSO is using past tense language, to describe Suzanne). :(

For reference the latest CCSO press release: Suzanne Morphew case remains a priority to the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office - Chaffee County Sheriff

Do you think BM took his phone with him when he did the mechanical thing to his Bobcat? Or was that supposed to be something he did at home and not at the job site late at night? I wish we knew the details about that. But if he had to admit going to the job site and LE knows his cell phone never left the house that might be an oopsie on BM’s part. Most people take their phones with them for safety reasons especially driving somewhere late at night.
He could have taken his phone, but it’s also possible it was his truck gps that gave him away at the Salida site. We can surmise that there were one or more big “oopsies” that LE zeroed in on from the very first day that SM was reported missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro