Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose the fact that it was BM hired to bring in dirt for that jobsite, and what MG had to say about BM's behavior on the jobsite, had more to do with the search warrant than some elderly lady remembering hearing a sound one night that weekend. IIRC, she wasn't even entirely sure which night it was. Judges usually don't sign off on search warrants with that kind of "iffy" information.

jmo

Could BM’s truck gps have indicated to LE BM was there at the job site? Just thinking outloud. Moo

I never found that sandwich, all I could find was MG's statement that she'd heard he was in town by himself wandering around or words to that effect and she was surprised because he'd told her he was going to be going home...

I feel she was set up and I got the impression that she knew it too. But she gave her phone to LE, she wasn't afraid.
I think Friday is a definite runner depending upon the nature of the alleged conversation with her friend and whether it was verbal or via text. And the time.
LE will know the time.
They're very tight.
I think they have strong cards but I don't know why I think that...
I reckon the GJ is a runner too.
Suppose it happened Friday and was disposed on Friday...
On Saturday he started having second thoughts about some aspects of the disposal site.. it needed to be altered...
But the machinery didn't start moving until very late at night.. a job he thought he could do by hand suddenly needed a machine???

I strongly feel she was set up and is scared.

Info on No-Body Homicide Cases?
So I've been thinking about cases where no body is ever found....
@MrsWatson. sbm for focus. Our buddies at wiki always have info for us:
List of murder convictions without a body.
Sorted by country, w names of victim & convicted, location, date disappeared, date convicted, & notes.
Also shows convictions that were overturned and whether partial remains were recovered or body was located after conviction.
List of murder convictions without a body - Wikipedia
Kelsey Berreth (RIP) is the most recent victim on this list, w P. Frazee's conviction in 2019 Colorado trial.

Also, info from Thomas A. DiBiase, former Assistant United States Attorney in the District of Columbia.
His book: No-Body Homicide Cases (I have not bought or read)
His website: https://www.nobodycases.com/ (may still have no-body cases list in U.S.)

I suppose the fact that it was BM hired to bring in dirt for that jobsite, and what MG had to say about BM's behavior on the jobsite, had more to do with the search warrant than some elderly lady remembering hearing a sound one night that weekend. IIRC, she wasn't even entirely sure which night it was. Judges usually don't sign off on search warrants with that kind of "iffy" information.

jmo
Agree.
The machinery noises at night only a part of what would be needed for a warrant.
Maybe the discrepancy about time he did something mechanical to the Bobcat figures in there.

So I've been thinking about cases where no body is ever found. Perry March jumps to mind. Drew Peterson's first wife? The one he killed in the bathtub, and Stacey, who has never been found.

Also, how weird to listen to true crime when hunting. JMO, but still, kind of creepy.

Kelsie Schelling (trial happening in Colorado as we speak)

I’m not a bike person, but I’m struggling with the idea of keeping an old bike for parts, but having a bike repair guy. I can see keeping an old bike for parts if you are the one working on the bike.

Kinda feels like buying a new car, but keeping the old one in case the timing belt breaks on the new one. Just take the old part to your mechanic to install it on your new car? Meh

Moo

So I've been thinking about cases where no body is ever found. Perry March jumps to mind. Drew Peterson's first wife? The one he killed in the bathtub, and Stacey, who has never been found.

Also, how weird to listen to true crime when hunting. JMO, but still, kind of creepy.
Kelsie Schelling (trial happening in Colorado as we speak)

Yes, opening statements started today....and it will be a 'trial by tweet' like the Kelsey Berreth case. I do believe this case will be a tad bit more difficult to convict though, not to mention it's been 8 years (tomorrow) since she went missing.

If anyone is interested in seeing how it will unfold I'll be continuing to update the thread with tweets:

Still Missing - CO - Kelsie Schelling, 21, pregnant, Pueblo, 4 Feb 2013 *Arrest*

I’m not a bike person, but I’m struggling with the idea of keeping an old bike for parts, but having a bike repair guy. I can see keeping an old bike for parts if you are the one working on the bike.

Kinda feels like buying a new car, but keeping the old one in case the timing belt breaks on the new one. Just take the old part to your mechanic to install it on your new car? Meh

Moo

You make a good argument here. I have chalked this non-LE released info as a non verified fact.

Who was the source of this info about a part bike, owned by SM, being the one recovered (not asking you directly)? I understand a sources identity are often times protected and I'm fine with that. But, I also think viewers of some of these shows should demand a little more transparency about information that gets put out into the airwaves just.like.that. Was that information verified by the host and they felt comfortable enough to put it out there? Was it 2nd or 3rd hand information? Rumor? speculation? What?

IMO

And the Morphew case was not one of the listed cold cases.

So I wonder.. will the new DA prioritize cold cases over current ones?

bbm I think DA will prioritize several cases simultaneously, ranked from level of completeness and readiness to go. MOO

Last edited:
You make a good argument here. I have chalked this non-LE released info as a non verified fact.

Who was the source of this info about a part bike, owned by SM, being the one recovered (not asking you directly)? I understand a sources identity are often times protected and I'm fine with that. But, I also think viewers of some of these shows should demand a little more transparency about information that gets put out into the airwaves just.like.that. Was that information verified by the host and they felt comfortable enough to put it out there? Was it 2nd or 3rd hand information? Rumor? speculation? What?

IMO
Probably from the 'dark web'

I strongly feel she was set up and is scared.
I dont think she's scared now, she moved.
Girl is competent at her work.
She was set up for an unscheduled job on Mother's day, she is a mother,and the job never really happened in the way that it needed to because the equipment was not there and it was not her job to to supply equipment.
She lost the day with her children and was possibly not even paid in full. Instead she was fired.
She probably just accepted the job because she needed the money.

Agree.
The machinery noises at night only a part of what would be needed for a warrant.
Maybe the discrepancy about time he did something mechanical to the Bobcat figures in there.

It would be interesting to know if BM didn’t disclose to LE in the beginning that he was at the job site where the noises were heard. Not disclosing the truth of his whereabouts that weekend to LE, could really bring on suspicion about him.

Thinking out-loud again:
after LE checked BM truck gps, it placed him at the job site during the late evening. BM never told LE about his time there until confronted by LE. That’s when he remembered he had to do that “mechanical thing to his Bob cat.” That would definitely cause LE to want to go over the place with a fine tooth comb. We don’t know if any evidence was found. I hope & pray nothing was overlooked.

Moo
I cycle and I don't keep a spare bike around for parts. If I need a part I go purchase just the part I need, new, that matches the makeup of my configuration. The logic to keep an entire bike around for spare parts escapes me. To make that even less sensical I understand she had a high end bike that she normally rode but the the spare parts bike was a low end beater (bike that you just beat up), most likely with low end parts. So if my $4k bike needed a new brake mechanism I certainly would not be pulling it off a beater.

I'm new to posting and this was my first big thread read through. from the first threads days after she went missing, I was certain this was foul play. The offer of such a substantial reward so early on in the investigation screams of it. Did anyone do any research on how affluent the area is? To me, that seems like a huge reward but if you're looking for participation from extremely wealthy people, maybe it doesn't seem so out of place?

Having looked at a lot of threads with fresh eyes and peering over months of information at once, it definitely seems to me that BM is very suspicious.

Moo

exactly. And this would be like owning a 2018 BMW Sedan and buying a 1992 Toyota for parts for your BMW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Psycho