Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #53

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re-reading Lauren Scharf report on MG and her interview, MG sure makes a point of singling out the “beach area” on that job site. Snipped for focus:

He was acting really weird about [the beach area], I was like Barry what’s up,” Gentile said. “He seemed stressed. He definitely seemed weird on Saturday.”

And, although Gentile had agreed to work in that area for the day, she said Barry dismissed her from the job early – at 11 a.m
I still have a feeling that job site holds clues. I’m not convinced LE found everything before leaving the area. I’m not sure evidence would still be there a year later though. MOO
‘I’m not the other woman’: Second contractor speaks out about Suzanne Morphew investigation | FOX21 News Colorado

Last edited:
This is mostly for posters trying to catch up on SM case and MG has been brought up, and is MOO, JMO etc, etc.
I can’t post the links cuz I’m on my phone atm. See Media Thread for LS/MG “I’m not the other Woman” interview, and LS/BM “Barry Morphew responds to explosive claims” phone interview.

MG said shortly after returning from the Broomfield “job”, she received a visit from BM’s friend and one of his ‘relatives’ (henchmen/goons) telling her she didn’t have to cooperate/turn her phone over to CBI. When she rebuffed their (BM’s) request, and handed her phone over to CBI willingly, BM fired her in short order.

BM responded and said MG is a meth head, and that she’s just mad at him cuz he fired her and won’t let her work for him anymore.
(Why do you hire meth heads in the 1st place BM??). Smdh.

MOO, BM is projecting- he is the one who is mad. Actually, based on his tone in his phone interview, he’s irate MG gave her phone to CBI. Why? Because there’s a call from him on her phone prior to 5am Sunday when he claims he left the house, and his truck GPS confirms he was on the road heading to Broomfield at that time. *IF* is the case, his truck GPS alone would’ve caught him out on that lie, so I’d guess in addition to that, there’s probably even more incriminating “stuff” on MG’s phone BM didn’t want LE/CBI to find. I wonder if BM had a burner phone that he thought LE couldn’t trace and/or a separate business cell phone he used that he didn’t turn over to LE right away. If so, they would know from checking Morgan’s phone and ask whose # is this that called you at 4am on Sunday, May 10th, and she confirms it was Barry calling her from his ‘other’ phone, business cell etc.....

Who had the most motive, means, and opportunity to harm Suzanne?
BM? MG?
No brainer if you ask me.

MG said she is afraid of BM, packed up and left the state of CO. I do think she might know more/have more to share and will be an important witness if/when ‘someone’ goes to trial.

As I and others have said, the phone records will be crucial toward piecing together timeline. We won’t know until trial, but if Suzanne’s phone was powered down, never turned back on, and/or went completely dark after BM left for Broomfield, in a word- damning.
A Mother that doesn’t communicate with a single soul all day, on of all days Mother’s Day?? Nope.

All of the above IMHOO.

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
There has been a lot of talk about no body convictions and a lot of talk about why the past and present DA have elected not to charge BM with the murder of his wife, (yet).
I think SM’s case presents an extra set of circumstances in addition to the fact that her body has not been recovered and that is the fact that LE may not yet be certain as to the exact day/time she disappeared. If they don’t know this, it is not possible to corroborate or debunk BM’s alibi(s). If you think about it, BM set everything up in that he put her at home in bed at 5:00 a.m., he then went to Broomfield, and provided himself with an alibi for that afternoon. He had to pinpoint that time frame.
IIRC SM’s last confirmed sighting was by Scott, the bike repair guy, on Thursday, 5\7. This is probably why LE asked for video footage between 5/8 and 5/12. They want to know what BM was doing on those days. I further think this is why LE is trying to identify anyone who was involved with SM on social media around the time of her disappearance. If they charge BM with killing SM at any time prior to 3 hours before his arrival in Broomfield on Sunday and all of a sudden someone pops up who can prove they were conversing with SM after that time, the DA’s case goes out the window. MOO

This is mostly for some newer people who’ve been trying to catch up on SM case and MG has been brought up.
I can’t post the links cuz I’m on my phone atm. See Media Thread for LS/MG “I’m not the other Woman” interview, and LS/BM “Barry Morphew responds to explosive claims” phone interview.

MG said shortly after returning from the Broomfield “job”, she received a visit from BM’s friend and one of his ‘relatives’ (henchmen), telling her she didn’t have to cooperate/turn her phone over to CBI. When she rebuffed their (BM’s) request and cooperated/handed her phone over to CBI, BM fired her in short order.

BM responded and said MG is a meth head and just mad at him cuz he fired her and won’t let her work for him anymore.
(Why do you hire meth heads in the 1st place BM??). Smdh.

MOO, BM is projecting- he is the one who is mad. I’d say he’s irate based on his tone in his phone interview with LS, that she gave her phone to CBI. Why? Because there’s a call from him on her phone prior to 5am Sunday when he claims he left the house, and his truck GPS confirms he was on the road heading to Broomfield at that time. *IF* is the case, his truck GPS alone would’ve caught him out on that lie, so I’d guess in addition to that, there’s probably even more incriminating “stuff” on MG’s phone BM didn’t want LE/CBI to find. I wonder if BM had a burner phone that he thought LE couldn’t trace and/or a separate business cell phone he used that he didn’t turn over to LE right away. If so, they would know from checking Morgan’s phone and ask whose # is this that called you at 4am on Sunday, May 10th, and she confirms it was Barry calling her from his ‘other’ phone, business cell etc.....

Who had the motive and opportunity to harm Suzanne here? BM? MG?

No brainer if you ask me.

MG said she is afraid of BM, packed up and left the state of CO. I do think she might know more/have more to share and will be an important witness at trial.

As I and others have said, the phone records will be crucial toward piecing together timeline. We won’t know until trial, but if Suzanne’s phone was powered down, never turned back on, and/or went completely dark after BM left for Broomfield, in a word -damning.

A Mother that doesn’t communicate with a single soul on of all days, Mother’s Day??
Nope.

All of the above IMHOO.

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

I agree with OldCop that the "beginning" of the timeline is not yet locked down at least as far as we know. I also agree with fcavanaugh that close attention is probably being given to BM's and SM's phone, online, and vehicle activity and locations.

I think LE will probably be able to tell a lot by paying close attention to whether and when SM ever has any phone or online activity when BM's phone and vehicle are NOT in the same vicinity and then comparing that timing to when oddities start to appear in SM's online activity. That is, at what point is it clearly obvious that BM began imitating SM to make it appear she was alive?

And outside of those particulars, we know from Andy and from some information others posted here months ago that LE has been in Indiana interviewing folks, likely determining more folks that need to be interviewed, analyzing the particulars of the Morphew's various financial and real estate deals, etc.

Given the oddity of the timing of the Morphew's move to Colorado (when their nest was only half empty, away from lifelong friends and family and from long-established business associates and work reputation), some peculiarities of interest in the timing of real estate transactions in both Indiana and Colorado, and the propensity of BM to throw suspicion upon his employees - who he publicly points out are drug addicts and former convicts (the kind of people BM knows LE might suspect before someone who is neither), I hope LE is also investigating to see whether there was any criminality that might have driven the Indiana to Colorado move.

In the Chad Daybell/Lori Vallow investigations, the FBI analyzed cellphone texts between Chad and his wife and were able to link the timing of an uncharacteristically chipper and long text from (author of fiction) Chad to his wife with the timing of a long visit by Lori's brother (evidenced by his cellphone location) to Chad's backyard in the vicinity of that pet cemetery. Chad's text was about seeing a raccoon running on the fence, then Chad running to get a gun and coming back and shooting the raccoon (who apparently sat around and waited while Chad got his gun), and then burying the raccoon in the pet cemetery. Oh, and Chad also casually mentioned in that long text that he decided it was time to burn some limbs and debris before the coming storms (though they rarely used their fire pit according to neighbors). The FBI matched up that info with a satellite photo of the field behind Chad's barn taken around that same time and they were able to spot the precise location where they later dug up the burned-beyond-recognition remains of Lori's teen daughter.

One can just imagine all the LE hours that went into gathering and analyzing phone and location activity, searching out that satellite photo and analyzing it, and interviewing people to ask about the pet cemetery and the fire pit usage. And before all that, LE first analyzed phone activity and interviewed various folks to determine as best they could when Lori's two kids were last physically seen by any person outside of those likely involved in their disappearance.

I personally think that even as some think this case has gone cold or is not being worked, there are folks who are busy as bees working behind the scenes.

Even so, I still hope anyone who may have some tiny tidbit that they think minor or irrelevant makes the call to turn that tip in. That tidbit may have some pertinent information that allows LE to complete the picture in making necessary connections or establishing certainty.

Edited to add my post because my internet died temporarily between inserting others' quotes and adding my own!

Last edited:
I agree with you! it’s easy to see why LE honed in on BM, but when you’re sitting on a jury, it just takes 1 person to say “I don’t agree with the rest of you.” Then you’ve got a “not guilty” verdict. I don’t think this DA is going to file any charges unless she’s totally convinced she’ll get a conviction. MOO
you wouldn’t get a “not guilty” verdict, necessarily. A hung jury, perhaps..

I agree with OldCop that the "beginning" of the timeline is not yet locked down at least as far as we know. I also agree with fcavanaugh that close attention is probably being given to BM's and SM's phone, online, and vehicle activity and locations.

I think LE will probably be able to tell a lot by paying close attention to whether and when SM ever has any phone or online activity when BM's phone and vehicle are NOT in the same vicinity and then comparing that timing to when oddities start to appear in SM's online activity. That is, at what point is it clearly obvious that BM began imitating SM to make it appear she was alive?

And outside of those particulars, we know from Andy and from some information others posted here months ago that LE has been in Indiana interviewing folks, likely determining more folks that need to be interviewed, analyzing the particulars of the Morphew's various financial and real estate deals, etc.

Given the oddity of the timing of the Morphew's move to Colorado (when their nest was only half empty, away from lifelong friends and family and from long-established business associates and work reputation), some peculiarities of interest in the timing of real estate transactions in both Indiana and Colorado, and the propensity of BM to throw suspicion upon his employees - who he publicly points out are drug addicts and former convicts (the kind of people BM knows LE might suspect before someone who is neither), I hope LE is also investigating to see whether there was any criminality that might have driven the Indiana to Colorado move.

In the Chad Daybell/Lori Vallow investigations, the FBI analyzed cellphone texts between Chad and his wife and were able to link the timing of an uncharacteristically chipper and long text from (author of fiction) Chad to his wife with the timing of a long visit by Lori's brother (evidenced by his cellphone location) to Chad's backyard in the vicinity of that pet cemetery. Chad's text was about seeing a raccoon running on the fence, then Chad running to get a gun and coming back and shooting the raccoon (who apparently sat around and waited while Chad got his gun), and then burying the raccoon in the pet cemetery. Oh, and Chad also casually mentioned in that long text that he decided it was time to burn some limbs and debris before the coming storms (though they rarely used their fire pit according to neighbors). The FBI matched up that info with a satellite photo of the field behind Chad's barn taken around that same time and they were able to spot the precise location where they later dug up the burned-beyond-recognition remains of Lori's teen daughter.

One can just imagine all the LE hours that went into gathering and analyzing phone and location activity, searching out that satellite photo and analyzing it, and interviewing people to ask about the pet cemetery and the fire pit usage. And before all that, LE first analyzed phone activity and interviewed various folks to determine as best they could when Lori's two kids were last physically seen by any person outside of those likely involved in their disappearance.

I personally think that even as some think this case has gone cold or is not being worked, there are folks who are busy as bees working behind the scenes.

Even so, I still hope anyone who may have some tiny tidbit that they think minor or irrelevant makes the call to turn that tip in. That tidbit may have some pertinent information that allows LE to complete the picture in making necessary connections or establishing certainty.

Edited to add my post because my internet died temporarily between inserting others' quotes and adding my own!
I agree also with OldCop’s reasoning on why the case hadn’t been charged.
For that reason (timeline), the case may be growing cold. I miss all the folks who were following this case closely in the beginning.
I’m sure everyone is keeping up with the case. I just wish the perpetrator could be charged. So frustrating.

My apologies, I gave the wrong link for the LS/BM interview in my previous post. The correct link is below.
Snipped and BBM:

“She’s a meth head,” Barry said. “She’s mad at me because I fired her and don’t let her work for me anymore. She’s mad. So they’re not gonna say anything good about me.”

Yet, BM didn’t mind she was a “meth head” when he kept hiring her for jobs and was his loyal employee. He didn’t mind she was a “meth head” when he called/inconvenienced her last minute early morning on Mother’s Day and told her to get a crew together for that day. He didn’t mind to leave the “meth head” hanging for almost 2 days with no tools or materials to do a wall repair job 3 hours away. He didn’t mind sending his henchmen/goons to threaten her and let her know she has rights and doesn’t have to turn her phone over to the CBI.
Then suddenly fires her?? Because she’s a “meth head”?? No. He didn’t fire MG for being a “meth head”, or for poor work performance. fgs. GMAB.
Nothing adds up here, and contradiction seem endless.

BM fired MG as retaliation for disobeying his orders (for once) to engage in obstruction and not hand her phone over to the authorities. Thankfully, MG stood up for herself and did the right thing.

BM is so transparent, and if this wasn’t such a seriously sad, heartbreaking case, I’d be lol he thinks he’s the smartest one in the room.
I have no idea if MG is a meth head or not, I can only hope she gets help if she is. Regardless, MG isn’t the one whose Spouse has been “missing” for almost a year and still hasn’t been cleared by LE.
Enough said.

Have a good night all and thank you all for being here for Suzanne. Hoping and praying for miracle that she is found soon, so she can be laid to rest properly, and justice served.

‘I’m not the other woman’: Second contractor speaks out about Suzanne Morphew investigation | FOX21 News Colorado

All of the above IMHOO.

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
Re-reading Lauren Scharf report on MG and her interview, MG sure makes a point of singling out the “beach area” on that job site. Snipped for focus:

He was acting really weird about [the beach area], I was like Barry what’s up,” Gentile said. “He seemed stressed. He definitely seemed weird on Saturday.”

And, although Gentile had agreed to work in that area for the day, she said Barry dismissed her from the job early – at 11 a.m
I still have a feeling that job site holds clues. I’m not convinced LE found everything before leaving the area. I’m not sure evidence would still be there a year later though. MOO

Come in on Saturday, ok now go home early.
Ok now go find some people and go to Broomfield for a couple of days.

Come in on Saturday, ok now go home early.
Ok now go find some people and go to Broomfield for a couple of days.
Right?
Super odd.
We own a contracting business. Everything... timing, supplies, tools, subs, workers, etc. are all scheduled and organized usually.
A sudden work order on a holiday weekend, unless an emergency, is unheard of.
Imo this was a BM emergency.

Re-Try Case after Hung Jury?

agree!!! I believe there’s no way the entire jury would be convinced to acquit him. Worst case is hung jury. I know that’s a lot of extra work and tax payer dollars....
@StarrDetective A different viewpoint about "worst case = hung jury." Prosecutor/DA may not want to re-try the case. May think - gave it our best shot, won't go any better next time.

May lose witnesses, to illness, death, other unavailability, etc.
May lose asst DA(s) integral to trying the case, thru resignations for other jobs, whether gov't, private practice, etc.
May be pressured by local constituency, others in Chaffee Co. gov't not to spend $ re-trying case.
May see negative political impact on voters, & so may be reluctant to risk losing case & re-election along w it.
Will lose element of surprise in prosecutor's strategy or tactics in putting on the state's case.
In an ideal world, DA would not have to consider ^ factors.

"Love is lovelier the second time around." The Second Time Around Lyrics
But a conviction the first time around is waaay better. my2ct.

Last edited:
Let's all remember, OJ Simpson and Casey Anthony were found not guilty.
They didn't have the evidence to convict beyond a reasonable doubt.
They don't get a 2nd chance once there is a verdict.
Let's be patient and get this one right.

The problem with hiding evidence in a "beach" landscaping feature is erosion due to storms or flood waters. Sand shifts, even sand over rock ballast. Seems to me to be a poor place to hide evidence. It's only saving grace is that it can be dug easily, filled and raked flat easily, and generally will not leave a settling depression. When young and learning tracking, I made all sorts of tracks in sand and watched the deterioration of the tracks over time. Dry conditions and wind will wipe them out rather quickly as will waves, even on river banks and lakes where there is frequent recreational boating activity. Possibly the evidence only needs to deteriorate to the extent where forensic evaluation becomes difficult or impossible.

I wonder if anyone is still watching BM's finances? Did a large sum (such as from the house sale) suddenly go missing out of an account that is not substantiated by an equipment or materials purchase?

They had plenty of evidence against OJ. I’ve seen the brilliant Johnnie Cochran work. He got OJ off by first selecting a mostly black female jury.
Then he played the race card, portraying OJ as just one more innocent black man the white folks were lynching on false charges of raping a white girl.
Speaking of OJ & Cochran: Cochran’s big “reasonable doubt” was “ four burly men in watch caps”allegedly seen near the murders. Anyone remember that baloney?
Now see Scott Peterson’s new defense!

I agree also with OldCop’s reasoning on why the case hadn’t been charged.
For that reason (timeline), the case may be growing cold. I miss all the folks who were following this case closely in the beginning.
I’m sure everyone is keeping up with the case. I just wish the perpetrator could be charged. So frustrating.
To simplify the timing of the story significantly.

Sometime right around the time that his wife goes missing, a husband starts doing any number of very odd things, like scheduling a job in a remote town in the wee hours of the morning on Mother's day with no supplies or equipment onsite. The hotel room smells of bleach even though the hotel doesn't use bleach for the pool or cleaning. And also around that same time his vehicle GPS and his phone start disagreeing about where he says he is. And also about that same time, LE has enough evidence to get a judge to approve digging up someone's newly poured foundation, and a field in the middle of nowhere.

Anything I forgot?

To simplify the timing of the story significantly.

Sometime right around the time that his wife goes missing, a husband starts doing any number of very odd things, like scheduling a job in a remote town in the wee hours of the morning on Mother's day with no supplies or equipment onsite. The hotel room smells of bleach even though the hotel doesn't use bleach for the pool or cleaning. And also around that same time his vehicle GPS and his phone start disagreeing about where he says he is. And also about that same time, LE has enough evidence to get a judge to approve digging up someone's newly poured foundation, and a field in the middle of nowhere.

Anything I forgot?
BBM
I don't recall seeing this before. Do you have a link? Tia

I wonder if anyone is still watching BM's finances? Did a large sum (such as from the house sale) suddenly go missing out of an account that is not substantiated by an equipment or materials purchase?
I hope so @Trackergd. I work in the Finance industry and some of my colleagues are Forensic Accountants/Auditors. Some are CPA’s as well, although not required to be.
At any rate, they are highly trained and skilled in their field.

We know the FBI is part of the CCSO task force. The FBI has it’s own FA division, and I’d imagine some of their Forensic Accountants have been/are “combing” through BM’s financials, especially considering all the wheeling & dealing he’s engaged in since SM went “missing”. They are likely going through the Morphew financials prior to SM going “missing”as well. This is just another facet of the investigation that takes time and gets added to the “envelope” before it’s sealed and ready to be brought to the DA.

Follow the $$$$....
For the LOVE of money is the root of all evil......

FBI Forensic Accountants — FBI

IMHOO.

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online